Kby175

Marriage certificate issue

8 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

I hope this is not a big deal, yesterday my wife was able to get a copy of our marriage certificate from the NSO.  They have my middle name listed as my second first name and my middle name line blank since in the US we don't use our mothers maiden name as a middle name.  My last name is correct, hoping this is not a big deal because they did the same thing on our daughters birth certificate from the NSO. We can hire a lawyer to get it fixed if needed they said it normally takes 2 to 3 months to fix but in Filipino time that is 6 months to a year.  My name at the bottom is correct in print where it has my signature next to the printed name.  

Thank you for any help.

B

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Kby175 said:

Hi all, 

I hope this is not a big deal, yesterday my wife was able to get a copy of our marriage certificate from the NSO.  They have my middle name listed as my second first name and my middle name line blank since in the US we don't use our mothers maiden name as a middle name.  My last name is correct, hoping this is not a big deal because they did the same thing on our daughters birth certificate from the NSO. We can hire a lawyer to get it fixed if needed they said it normally takes 2 to 3 months to fix but in Filipino time that is 6 months to a year.  My name at the bottom is correct in print where it has my signature next to the printed name.  

Thank you for any help.

B

Doubt it will be an issue.

As for getting the naming fixed in the Philippines .. doubt any lawyer can change the naming format of the Philippines on your daughters BC let alone your PSA marriage certificate.     I'm surprised they didn't put your wife's maiden name as your daughter's  middle name.

Question:  Did you get your daughter a Philippine passport along with the U.S. passport?   

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

My daughters name is fine on her BC, the issue is they have my middle name listed as my second first name on the BC.  Looks the way they did my name on our marriage contract.  

Edited by Kby175

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Kby175 said:

My daughters name is fine on her BC, the issue is they have my middle name listed as my second first name on the BC.  Looks the way they did my name on our marriage contract.  

Ya, they get confused really quick with us foreigners and our names ... :lol:  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Isn't that the truth, they looked at me like I was crazy when I told them we don't use our mothers maiden name as our middle name. Mind you this is in a very small province so they don't see too many expats there.  ;)

Timeline
12 hours ago, Kby175 said:

Isn't that the truth, they looked at me like I was crazy when I told them we don't use our mothers maiden name as our middle name. Mind you this is in a very small province so they don't see too many expats there.  ;)

Does your daughter have her mom's maiden name as her middle name?  < that is the official naming requirement for the Philippines.

Did you get your daughter her Philippine passport?   (you will want that before exiting the Philippines)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

Does your daughter have her mom's maiden name as her middle name?  < that is the official naming requirement for the Philippines.

Did you get your daughter her Philippine passport?   (you will want that before exiting the Philippines)

Yes, our daughter has her first name wife's maiden name as her middle name and my last name. We are applying for her Philippine passport next week.  

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Kby175 said:

Yes, our daughter has her first name wife's maiden name as her middle name and my last name. We are applying for her Philippine passport next week.  

Excellent on getting the Philippine passport for your little one , avoiding the ECC "dance" before exiting.  :thumbs:  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.