hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, BrunoJ1 said:

Well, they did answer to my question regarding the receipt of my documents with the following:

"We have checked our files and there is no record of having received your application.  If you have submitted your package along with the fee to the U.S. Bank in St. Louis, MO, your package will be forwarded to the Waiver Review Division in Washington, DC where it will be entered into the Waiver Review System.  At that time, you may be able to monitor the status of your case by going to our website at https://j1visawaiverrecommendation.state.gov/and enter your case number."

I am surprised since the money order was cashed few days after the package was delivered. Should I be concerned with this?

This is what DOS say:  Applications are mailed to a lockbox in St. Louis, Missouri; this is what your delivery confirmation reflects.  Due to delays caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, it can take up to twelve weeks from the time it arrives in St. Louis until it reaches our office in Washington, DC.  Your application will only appear on j1visawaiverrecommendation.state.gov once it reaches Washington, DC.  Please allow twelve weeks for your case to appear online; we appreciate your patience during these unprecedented times.

My check was cashed in June, and my paperwork was not updated until mid September so totally normal. I believe they cash the check in St. Louis and then forward it to another office. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 1/26/2022 at 10:33 AM, yoper13 said:

Can anyone please break down their exact timeline in detail with exact form names after their FR was updated on the DoS website ?

Guys please help.

I still haven't received any letter from DoS or USCIS. My prospective employer needs the USCIS receipt number ASAP. Any idea by when I can expect it? I already chatted with an agent on the USCIS website, and they said that there is nothing in the system yet. 

Someone, please comment!

Timeline
On 1/28/2022 at 1:54 PM, yoper13 said:

Guys please help.

I still haven't received any letter from DoS or USCIS. My prospective employer needs the USCIS receipt number ASAP. Any idea by when I can expect it? I already chatted with an agent on the USCIS website, and they said that there is nothing in the system yet. 

Someone, please comment!

Guys,

another weird thing.

My case is not showing up on the DoS website anymore. I got FR Jan 20, but now it says no record exists.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues before/after FR. 
Please comment.

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Amoyar_Dever said:

@yoper13this could be a DoS database/ server maintenance thing. I have read about this issue somewhere on this forum. I suggest to take a screenshot including date, time etc. when you see the FR next time (may be tomorrow or sometime in next week). 

Are you able to see your case details?

Anyone else facing this issue for their case, specially after getting the FR?

Hi everyone, I am new here, it has been really stressful waiting process, I have been checking my status 3-4 times a day and really worried about the slow process and all the delay. Anyone similar to my timeline below? 

My case timeline :

Docs mailed via USPS: Aug 20, 2021

Docs delivered @ St. Louis: Aug 22, 2021

NOS sent by the embassy: Sep 15, 2021

Status update on J1 waiver website for the first time: Oct 27, 2021

NOS updated on J1 waiver website: Dec 14, 2021(showed up dated Oct 26, 2021)

image.thumb.png.8f792439ea803950a18a0c52adff3a93.png

6 minutes ago, kirfin said:

Hi everyone, I am new here, it has been really stressful waiting process, I have been checking my status 3-4 times a day and really worried about the slow process and all the delay. Anyone similar to my timeline below? 

My case timeline :

Docs mailed via USPS: Aug 20, 2021

Docs delivered @ St. Louis: Aug 22, 2021

NOS sent by the embassy: Sep 15, 2021

Status update on J1 waiver website for the first time: Oct 27, 2021

NOS updated on J1 waiver website: Dec 14, 2021(showed up dated Oct 26, 2021)

image.thumb.png.8f792439ea803950a18a0c52adff3a93.png

Perfectly normal timeline. Save yourself some trouble and only check once per day. They only update the system once a day.

3 hours ago, Fictions said:

Perfectly normal timeline. Save yourself some trouble and only check once per day. They only update the system once a day.

Looking at the earlier posts, it seems like my timeline is kinda longer than expected since I hit over 12 weeks now since Oct 27th and over 19 weeks since my all docs (including NOS sent by the embassy) are delivered. What is a "Perfectly normal timeline"? 

On 1/20/2022 at 12:50 AM, Lako said:

I sent the docs in July but they were 'received' on DOS portal on Sept 22. No update since then.

My DS already expired last summer, but I have an approved h1b case which I can't get a visa stamp for without a waiver. I was suggested to contact to a congressman asking for an inquiry, but was wondering if anyone has tried to contact to 212waivers directly regarding the case status. Since I have already left the USA, not very sure if I am still eligible to contact to congressman without a local address.. 
Any suggestions? 

Hi Lako, 

Any updates? 

I wonder did you get into contact with the local congressman? I'm also in the same situation, I changed countries and now I don't know if I'm eligible to contact them. 

Here is my timeline. Now it's over the estimated processing time, but nothing, nothing.....

1415344206_EkranResmi2022-02-01OS1_58_06.thumb.png.e6f4d57eb6c6f749764e51b7d44736ab.png

Edited by taycan

11 hours ago, kirfin said:

Looking at the earlier posts, it seems like my timeline is kinda longer than expected since I hit over 12 weeks now since Oct 27th and over 19 weeks since my all docs (including NOS sent by the embassy) are delivered. What is a "Perfectly normal timeline"? 

Now the estimated process time is 12-16 weeks. 

I'm in the same boat as you. They received my documents in October but no FR yet.

9 hours ago, taycan said:

Hi Lako, 

Any updates? 

I wonder did you get into contact with the local congressman? I'm also in the same situation, I changed countries and now I don't know if I'm eligible to contact them. 

Here is my timeline. Now it's over the estimated processing time, but nothing, nothing.....

1415344206_EkranResmi2022-02-01OS1_58_06.thumb.png.e6f4d57eb6c6f749764e51b7d44736ab.png

Hey, 

Yes, I contacted and put my employers address. They replied quickly and made an inquiry. 

They got the following response from the DOS(copying fully) on Jan 28th and forwarded to me:

"Thank you for contacting 212(e) Waiver Congressional Inquiries.

We are working to process this case. Processing times for waiver recommendations by the Department of State, Waiver Review Division vary depending on the basis under which you request a waiver of the two-year home-country physical presence requirement. The processing time of twelve to sixteen weeks for No Objection cases is an estimated timeframe and sometimes can take longer. The processing time for applications begins only when all required documents have been received. The requests are taken in order of receipt.

Once a recommendation has been made, your case will be electronically forwarded to U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) Vermont Service Center (VSC) where your J-1 waiver eligibility will be determined. We assure you that your request will be processed as soon as possible. You may continue to monitor the status of your request by going to https://j1visawaiverrecommendation.state.gov/ and using your case number."

No update since. The case is still pending and hopefully will be updated soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.