hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, Lako said:

Congrats! could you please share some wording that you sent out for the congressional enquiry? 
I have exact timeline still pending. 

Thanks! 

I simply called their office and explained them the situation.

Then they emailed me couple of forms to be filled with my info. That was it.

Is there a particular thing I should say to get USCIS to tell me whether I'm in their system? I was told that I needed to talk to DOS, which is besides the point. If I haven't received mail with my receipt number, I can't give them a receipt number, right?

Also, I don't understand how the mailing address could be wrong. Everything looks perfect on the form 🤦‍♂️. It's been over 40 days since my FR and I'm yet to receive any mail from DOS or USCIS...

3 hours ago, ChadJ said:

Is there a particular thing I should say to get USCIS to tell me whether I'm in their system? I was told that I needed to talk to DOS, which is besides the point. If I haven't received mail with my receipt number, I can't give them a receipt number, right?

Also, I don't understand how the mailing address could be wrong. Everything looks perfect on the form 🤦‍♂️. It's been over 40 days since my FR and I'm yet to receive any mail from DOS or USCIS...

I just told them I had received FR from DOS but haven’t got anything from USCIS in the mail. That triggered the agent to check if they could see me in their system (using my name and DOB as I didn’t have a receipt number). In my case once they realized I was in the system they gave me the receipt number (I heard from others that this is not always the case) 

1 hour ago, Cris Santos said:

I just told them I had received FR from DOS but haven’t got anything from USCIS in the mail. That triggered the agent to check if they could see me in their system (using my name and DOB as I didn’t have a receipt number). In my case once they realized I was in the system they gave me the receipt number (I heard from others that this is not always the case) 

Thank you! I finally got through and got my receipt number! The approval was sent last week and should be arriving in Canada in a few days. Address appears to be fine.

Now I just have to figure out why the DOS FR letter hasn't arrived 😅

10 minutes ago, ChadJ said:

Thank you! I finally got through and got my receipt number! The approval was sent last week and should be arriving in Canada in a few days. Address appears to be fine.

Now I just have to figure out why the DOS FR letter hasn't arrived 😅

That’s good news!! 😁

Once you get USCIS letters (they send 2, a receipt notice and an approval notice) you’ll be all set. DOS doesn’t send anything (I think they used to at some point but not anymore) 

1 hour ago, iwantmywaiver said:

I sent the documents on October 6th, here follows my timeline:1034090628_ScreenShot2022-01-25at8_51_30AM.thumb.png.0358e766acf720393dea972bb04049cc.png

Mine were submitted on October 20, 2021. But no record on DoS portal as of today. Did you see the record/update on the same day it was updated on the portal or later date?

Edited by Amoyar_Dever

3 minutes ago, Amoyar_Dever said:

Mine were submitted on October 20, 2021. But no record on DoS portal as of today. Did you see the record/update on the same day it was updated on the portal or later date?

On December 22nd they updated with 20, 21 backdated. And later on January 10th.

Well, they did answer to my question regarding the receipt of my documents with the following:

"We have checked our files and there is no record of having received your application.  If you have submitted your package along with the fee to the U.S. Bank in St. Louis, MO, your package will be forwarded to the Waiver Review Division in Washington, DC where it will be entered into the Waiver Review System.  At that time, you may be able to monitor the status of your case by going to our website at https://j1visawaiverrecommendation.state.gov/and enter your case number."

I am surprised since the money order was cashed few days after the package was delivered. Should I be concerned with this?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 1/21/2022 at 7:56 AM, yoper13 said:

Final Update:

Finally got my FR on Jan 20, 2022.

So,

after initiating the congressional enquiry, they received a standard reply from the J1 waiver division (first in, first out; under processing; same stuff).

Surprisingly, the very same day, the J1 waiver division responded to one of my emails (sent on Nov 2, 2021) where I asked for a status update with a similar reply (different words, same meaning).

So, exactly after a week of the congressional enquiry and the email reply, I got the FR.

I somehow believe that the congressional enquiry did trigger some movement, but no way to be sure.

My suggestion:

If it has been more than 10 weeks since all the documents were sent, just go ahead with the congressional enquiry, can only help your case.

Good luck guys. This forum definitely helped me calm some nerves.

j1 status - Jan 21.jpg

Can anyone please break down their exact timeline in detail with exact form names after their FR was updated on the DoS website ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.