hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, WGLKID said:

As I understand how things are going.... it is may not be first come first served...but end date on DS2019. I saw someone in the group talking about similar finding.

I don't think so. My DS-2019 expires end of December 2022 and I got FR December 2021. If you see the timelines from the majority of this topic the timeframe is quite similar (5 to 6 months to get FR from when you send the documents).

I sent the docs in July but they were 'received' on DOS portal on Sept 22. No update since then.

My DS already expired last summer, but I have an approved h1b case which I can't get a visa stamp for without a waiver. I was suggested to contact to a congressman asking for an inquiry, but was wondering if anyone has tried to contact to 212waivers directly regarding the case status. Since I have already left the USA, not very sure if I am still eligible to contact to congressman without a local address.. 
Any suggestions? 

16 hours ago, Lako said:

I sent the docs in July but they were 'received' on DOS portal on Sept 22. No update since then.

My DS already expired last summer, but I have an approved h1b case which I can't get a visa stamp for without a waiver. I was suggested to contact to a congressman asking for an inquiry, but was wondering if anyone has tried to contact to 212waivers directly regarding the case status. Since I have already left the USA, not very sure if I am still eligible to contact to congressman without a local address.. 
Any suggestions? 

Did you apply for a H1B without the waiver?
Im in the same situation as yours, Im waiting my waiver to start the H1B premium process.

2 hours ago, iwantmywaiver said:

Did you apply for a H1B without the waiver?
Im in the same situation as yours, Im waiting my waiver to start the H1B premium process.

Yes, actually my employer applied for me and at the end, the case was approved, but with a consular appointment, which means that I needed to leave the country and get the h1b stamp in order to activate it. The problem now is that in ds-160 I need to check that I have completed/waived the 212 requirement. 

18 minutes ago, Lako said:

Yes, actually my employer applied for me and at the end, the case was approved, but with a consular appointment, which means that I needed to leave the country and get the h1b stamp in order to activate it. The problem now is that in ds-160 I need to check that I have completed/waived the 212 requirement. 

Thanks! Probably, I will do the same as you, since my ds expires on march 31 I will start the process here and get the stamp in my country.

1 hour ago, Lako said:

Regarding the waiver update in DS-160: Can you file new DS-160 by paying fees one more time? 

Wondering if anyone is on my timeline - my status was updated to favorable recommendation on Dec 21st (although it says it was updated Dec 13th), but I'm yet to receive any mail from either DOS or USCIS? If I'm in Canada does it take longer? Anyone else on a similar timeline with a similar or different experience?

I'm kind of freaking out as I need to move out of this apartment by the end of the month, and while I can have the other two tenants watch for my mail that's not exactly a great option. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Favorable Recommendation.png

1 hour ago, ChadJ said:

Wondering if anyone is on my timeline - my status was updated to favorable recommendation on Dec 21st (although it says it was updated Dec 13th), but I'm yet to receive any mail from either DOS or USCIS? If I'm in Canada does it take longer? Anyone else on a similar timeline with a similar or different experience?

I'm kind of freaking out as I need to move out of this apartment by the end of the month, and while I can have the other two tenants watch for my mail that's not exactly a great option. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Favorable Recommendation.png

You can call USCIS or ask to chat with a live agent via Emma chat (during business hours). Explain your situation so they can check if you’re in USCIS system and maybe give you a receipt number. That way you can check if your notices had been mailed out or not. I received FR from DOS on Dec 27th and already received both letters from USCIS but I’m in the US 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 1/11/2022 at 12:58 AM, yoper13 said:

Update:

Requested my local congressional office to raise an inquiry with the J1 waiver office today. They have already raised the inquiry with the J1 waiver office and are now waiting to hear from them.

My case timeline :

Docs mailed via USPS: July 28, 2021

Docs delivered @ St. Louis: July 31, 2021

Status update on J1 waiver website: September 28, 2021

NOS sent by the embassy: October 21, 2021

NOS updated on J1 waiver website: November 19, 2021(showed up dated September 27, 2021)

Hoping the congressional inquiry may trigger a step forward.

j1 status - nov 19.JPG

Final Update:

Finally got my FR on Jan 20, 2022.

So,

after initiating the congressional enquiry, they received a standard reply from the J1 waiver division (first in, first out; under processing; same stuff).

Surprisingly, the very same day, the J1 waiver division responded to one of my emails (sent on Nov 2, 2021) where I asked for a status update with a similar reply (different words, same meaning).

So, exactly after a week of the congressional enquiry and the email reply, I got the FR.

I somehow believe that the congressional enquiry did trigger some movement, but no way to be sure.

My suggestion:

If it has been more than 10 weeks since all the documents were sent, just go ahead with the congressional enquiry, can only help your case.

Good luck guys. This forum definitely helped me calm some nerves.

j1 status - Jan 21.jpg

5 minutes ago, yoper13 said:

Final Update:

Finally got my FR on Jan 20, 2022.

So,

after initiating the congressional enquiry, they received a standard reply from the J1 waiver division (first in, first out; under processing; same stuff).

Surprisingly, the very same day, the J1 waiver division responded to one of my emails (sent on Nov 2, 2021) where I asked for a status update with a similar reply (different words, same meaning).

So, exactly after a week of the congressional enquiry and the email reply, I got the FR.

I somehow believe that the congressional enquiry did trigger some movement, but no way to be sure.

My suggestion:

If it has been more than 10 weeks since all the documents were sent, just go ahead with the congressional enquiry, can only help your case.

Good luck guys. This forum definitely helped me calm some nerves.

j1 status - Jan 21.jpg

Congrats! could you please share some wording that you sent out for the congressional enquiry? 
I have exact timeline still pending. 

Thanks! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.