hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Lako said:

Yes, meanwhile, I relocated to Canada. 
This is my timeline. I got a US government funding so expecting that they will request sponsor views.

Do you know if I can contact to any congressman from outside the US?

1261546007_ScreenShot2021-11-18at11_44_26AM.thumb.png.5761fb0a8515ca525b8e25933ed3ffbc.png

Thanks for sharing. I don't know if you can contact a congressman from outside of US, but giving a try is not a bad idea. 

Hi everyone,

Application submitted: June 28th, 2021

Embassy NOS sent: June 28th, 2021

DOS updated my paperwork: September 21st, 2021

I sent two emails to DOS asking if they had received my NOS, they replied on my last one on November 30th saying they never received it. My embassy sent them a copy on email, and a new one in the mail the same day. On DOS Automatic email response it said to please allow up to 4 weeks for the NOS to show up online.  It has now been 6 weeks, and I am not sure what to do. Can I contact the congressman without the NOS being in the system? Should I email DOS and ask about it again? 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, Lako said:

Hi, how did you locate the local congressional office contact? And,  are you expecting the sponsor views step as well? 

No I am not expecting Sponsor views step as my funding was not from US Government, I was funded by the university.

And just simply enter the zip code here: https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative, for which you can furnish an address proof (current or past), and just email/call them and request them to raise the inquiry with the DoS J1 waiver division.

For me, they were very helpful and quick. Within a couple of days of emailing them the first time, they raised the inquiry. Most of the congressional offices would know what to do as they must have received a lot of these request in the past.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 12/23/2021 at 3:13 AM, kam19 said:

image.png.3be894b2888613a7a6108e21202d3639.png

Finally, FR sent.

I mailed all docs May end. NOS sent by embassy August. NOS showed up on the website mid-October but dated July.

I contacted the DoS 3 times via email, no replies.

Contacted a congressman to ask DoS for update and expedition, if possible. They responded that NOS cases cannot be expedited but did not say anything specific on the case status. Just that, this case will be processed in our first-in first-out format.

Saw the update this morning.

Now, wait for USCIS to do its thing!

Good luck everyone!

When did you contact the congressman and when did they raise the inquiry and when was the reply from DoS to them received?

Just wanting to see if the congressional inquiry may have played any part in getting the FR soon?

35 minutes ago, yoper13 said:

When did you contact the congressman and when did they raise the inquiry and when was the reply from DoS to them received?

Just wanting to see if the congressional inquiry may have played any part in getting the FR soon?

I filled out the online "help with a federal agency" form and mailed them the signed form on Dec 06.

They received it Dec 07 and sent me an email with additional doc request the same day.

I mailed the docs Dec 08.

They raised the issue with DoS Dec 10.

DoS responded Dec 13.

FR received Dec 21.

The congressional inquiry was never updated on the waiver website.

9 minutes ago, etcoflife said:

Expect a FR batch tomorrow morning or after 2AM est

Really? How do you know that? Received any note from WRD or is it because of the end of the week? As per my research on this forum, DoS update most cases on Tuesday morning (EST) of the week. 

Edited by Amoyar_Dever

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.