hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, j1waiverpatience said:

Seems like many of us are on the June 1st timeline when all documents have been received. I got my other documents received on May 17, yet to hear anything. Lets start counting how many of us are in the same timeline with a show of hands, I will start-

1. 🖐️  j1_waiver_patience (All docs received - June 1st)

Similar timeline here. Docs marked as received from May 18-27th 

9 hours ago, j1waiver2021 said:

Hi all,

This is my timeline. I sent documents Mid April but in the system they appeared received June 8th.

794116324_ScreenShot2021-10-12at11_48_49AM.thumb.png.4b769c86a81aff6a9e3a5ac01e7beb20.png

My J1 visa expired on May so I had to leave. I'm currently in my home country waiting for the papers. Favorable recommendation was sent on September 22nd, however, I have not received any mail from DOS or USCIS to the address provided. It's been almost 3 weeks. When I call USCIS they say I'm not on their system. Is anyone else on the same situation? How can I track my case status? I have not received any paperwork whatsoever and I'm getting really concern.

Hello j1waiver2021,

I'm in the same situation as you.

In my case, Favorable recommendation was sent on Sept. 7th, but I haven't received any notice from USCIS yet.

Let's share our timeline if one of us can get any notice from USCIS.

1 hour ago, ShowMeTheWaiver said:

Hello j1waiver2021,

I'm in the same situation as you.

In my case, Favorable recommendation was sent on Sept. 7th, but I haven't received any notice from USCIS yet.

Let's share our timeline if one of us can get any notice from USCIS.

Hello,

Have you told USCIS that's been over a month? I know they have 30 days to send the receipt number but for you it's been more than that.

Hi all,

An update on my long wait...

Sent documents end of January

NOS received 6/30 (updated online 9/7)

FR 9/24

FR letter arrived today

Now waiting for USCIS 

If anyone's having trouble getting their NOS received, I would recommend asking your embassy to send you a copy of the NOS if you can. DOS didn't accept mine at first and I think it was because my embassy wrote the wrong dates on the NOS...

36 minutes ago, j1waiver2021 said:

Hello,

Have you told USCIS that's been over a month? I know they have 30 days to send the receipt number but for you it's been more than that.

I just told with Emma live agent and USCIS call representative, but they told that I need to wait 60 days.

Another representative told me to send an email to this email address (LockboxSupport@uscis.dhs.gov) to see if the document arrived successfully.

But, as you know, US Department of state electronically forwarded Favorable recommendation to USCIS. Thus, I think it is electronic document, not hard-copy. 

So I didn't contact that email address.

I don't have any idea how to handle this problem.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, mango11 said:

Hi all,

An update on my long wait...

Sent documents end of January

NOS received 6/30 (updated online 9/7)

FR 9/24

FR letter arrived today

Now waiting for USCIS 

If anyone's having trouble getting their NOS received, I would recommend asking your embassy to send you a copy of the NOS if you can. DOS didn't accept mine at first and I think it was because my embassy wrote the wrong dates on the NOS...

Do you mean DOS accepted the NOS you sent to them? Not the one DoS sent to them ? 

I am in this situation and I am wondering if I can send the copy sent to me to DOS? 

Do you send it by mail or email? 

27 minutes ago, Ola87 said:

Do you mean DOS accepted the NOS you sent to them? Not the one DoS sent to them ? 

I am in this situation and I am wondering if I can send the copy sent to me to DOS? 

Do you send it by mail or email? 

No, I didn't send to DOS.

My NOS didn't get updated for over 8 weeks so I sent inquiry email to DOS and they said they couldn't accept the NOS my embassy  sent. Then I asked my embassy about it and asked for a copy of the NOS they sent. That's when I found out they wrote the wrong date so I asked the embassy to correct it and resend the new NOS. NOS got updated as received about 9 weeks later.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 minutes ago, mango11 said:

No, I didn't send to DOS.

My NOS didn't get updated for over 8 weeks so I sent inquiry email to DOS and they said they couldn't accept the NOS my embassy  sent. Then I asked my embassy about it and asked for a copy of the NOS they sent. That's when I found out they wrote the wrong date so I asked the embassy to correct it and resend the new NOS. NOS got updated as received about 9 weeks later.

Thanks for the clarity. 

11 hours ago, ShowMeTheWaiver said:

I just told with Emma live agent and USCIS call representative, but they told that I need to wait 60 days.

Another representative told me to send an email to this email address (LockboxSupport@uscis.dhs.gov) to see if the document arrived successfully.

But, as you know, US Department of state electronically forwarded Favorable recommendation to USCIS. Thus, I think it is electronic document, not hard-copy. 

So I didn't contact that email address.

I don't have any idea how to handle this problem.

But how can they tell you that you need to wait 60 days, it is 30 days for them to send you the receipt number. You should raise a case with them so they can investigate further what's going on. It is just too much time. I'm hoping mine does not take that longer. It is so frustrating not having any answer.

6 minutes ago, sgrrrr said:

Did anyone who sent their documents July last week/August first week get documents updated on the DoS website? Mine were delivered August 2 and there is no update since

Same, mine were delivered a day or two earlier, check was cashed early Aug, but nothing yet on the website. Looks like it's normal.

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
15 hours ago, Achterbahn said:

Same, mine were delivered a day or two earlier, check was cashed early Aug, but nothing yet on the website. Looks like it's normal.

Looks like we are in the same boat.

Documents were delivered July 25th, check was cashed the next week, but nothing yet on the website. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.