hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, RP26 said:

Hello 

more than 50+ day still waiting for the favorable recommendation...
please advise on the next steps. 

asd.PNG

Most people wait 12-16 weeks... You will just have to wait.

Removal of Conditions (tbd)
2/6/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/7/24: delivered and signed for

2/9/24: text message with IOE receipt number received at 12:26pm

2/13/24: I-797 48 month extension letter and biometrics reuse letter available online, case updated to "actively being reviewed"

Adjustment of Status (5 months)
9/13/21: AOS packet shipped via FedEx

9/15/21: delivered and signed for

9/17/21: 4 text messages with IOE receipt numbers received at 8:45pm

9/24/21: Received 4 receipt notices in the mail and online access code

9/25/21: Biometrics scheduled for Philadelphia, ASC

10/18/21: Biometrics appointment completed for I-485 and I-765 (Code 3)
10/18/21: After biometrics, I-485 and I-765 case statuses immediately changed to "case is being actively reviewed"

10/28/21: I-693 deficiency notice uploaded online, case status still, "case is being actively reviewed"

12/29/21: Interview scheduled. Contacted Emma agent and they said it is on 2/7/22

2/7/22: I-485 approved

2/12/22: I-797 approval notice received for I-485 and I-130

2/15/22: Green card delivered by USPS

12 hours ago, SavRaj said:

I have received the approval of my I-612 now, do you know what that means now for my I-485? We were originally going to be denied because of the 2 year residency requirement but we filed to reopen our case with new information being that we have the no objection letter and that was the only thing keeping them from approving us should it all just fall into line now for that application. Currently on my USCIS account for my I-485 case it says " Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed" this has been the same message since we completed the interview back in August 2020.

Same Boat, Waiting for the I-485 to change from "RFE received" to a decision. Our Interview was in April 2021. Will let you know when there it gets updated. Is the I-130 approved in your case? We are just waiting for I-485. I would have to apply for EAD extension if there is no update by September first week.

2 hours ago, RP26 said:

Hello 

more than 50+ day still waiting for the favorable recommendation...
please advise on the next steps. 

asd.PNG

Hi RP26, 

When was your No Objection Statement updated on the J1 tracking website? Did you email them? I saw you posted other day last week it has not been updated yet. I am in the same situation. My embassy sent NOS on May 7, 2021 but no update so far from DOS waiver tracking site.

Edited by TM2021

6 hours ago, avi865 said:

Same Boat, Waiting for the I-485 to change from "RFE received" to a decision. Our Interview was in April 2021. Will let you know when there it gets updated. Is the I-130 approved in your case? We are just waiting for I-485. I would have to apply for EAD extension if there is no update by September first week.

Yes our I-130 was approved in august of 2020. Basically all of our applications were approved except for the I-485 because of the residency requirement after visiting on a J-1 visa so we filed to reopen after our letter was approved from the embassy and we have just been waiting. Everything since then (no objection letter from DoS and for I-612) has been approved. Just waiting on them to update a decision on the I-485 since we now have the I-612 approval 

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 7/28/2021 at 11:17 AM, RP26 said:

Pizookie can we request for the speed up my process ? 

If your waiver is based on state request, you can

Filed: Other Timeline
On 7/21/2021 at 3:29 PM, Nancy29 said:

That is exactly what the lawyer recommended a while ago, apply for B2. My grace period will expire in 10 days. She said I might have to apply Friday. But that was because of some delay with the check, not waiver related. Traveling to my country is a bit complicated right now. So I hope that's the last option. According to another lawyer I consulted he said we could file IF we had at least  the waiver receipt number. But I know I have to ask my employer's lawyer directly. I just been pushing it hoping USCIS would answer my request. 

Any updates on your situation? I am still waiting for the USCIS approval, and will soon be facing a similar situation.

3 minutes ago, RD07 said:

Any updates on your situation? I am still waiting for the USCIS 

I finally got the waiver. The receipt notice came about a week ago and the waiver yesterday. I keep asking on EMMA everyday (the uscis online chat) about my case and even the day before I got the receipt notice in the mail they said they didn't have my info. I don't think they are reliable. My lawyer said she was able to file for the H visa just with receipt notice but the waiver came quite fast after that so we are all. It took a month after I got the DoS favorable recommendation to get the uscis approval (3 weeks to get receipt notice). 

Filed: Other Timeline
2 hours ago, Nancy29 said:

I finally got the waiver. The receipt notice came about a week ago and the waiver yesterday. I keep asking on EMMA everyday (the uscis online chat) about my case and even the day before I got the receipt notice in the mail they said they didn't have my info. I don't think they are reliable. My lawyer said she was able to file for the H visa just with receipt notice but the waiver came quite fast after that so we are all. It took a month after I got the DoS favorable recommendation to get the uscis approval (3 weeks to get receipt notice). 

Glad it worked out for you. For me, DOS issued the FR on May 20 and I am still waiting to hear from USCIS. I got the Receipt notice in early June. I enquired through the local Congressman's office but it has been 7 days since then and I haven't heard anything. 

Hey guys, wanted some guidance on the typical timeline for the case to show up online, as I still don't see my case reflected on the J1 status website.

Application submitted on: Apr 30, 2021
Check cashed: May 5, 2021
Embassy NOS sent: May 15, 2021

The status still shows nothing for my case number. Is this wait typical? I emailed DOS, and got an auto-reply that it takes 8-12 weeks for it to show up. It's now the 14th week for me. Any ideas on what can be done?

Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.