hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions about changing address (residential and mailing). My case is pending with DoS. I'm moving (next week) and I need to change my residential and mailing addresses for this. I'm moving again in October and I only need to change my residential address for that. I have several questions:

1. In the website, we can only change one (either current or mailing address) but not both. There is no option to change both addresses.How do I change both addresses at: https://j1visawaiverrecommendation.state.gov/ ? Do I submit twice, one for mailing and one for my current address ?

2. The USCIS has strict rules about changing the current address every time we move. But what are the policies of DoS ? Are we also supposed to change our current address on DoS cases when we move ? Just like the USCIS.

3. What about self addressed envelopes. Do we need to send new self addressed envelopes when we change the mailing address ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

2 hours ago, qwerty_MN said:

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions about changing address (residential and mailing). My case is pending with DoS. I'm moving (next week) and I need to change my residential and mailing addresses for this. I'm moving again in October and I only need to change my residential address for that. I have several questions:

1. In the website, we can only change one (either current or mailing address) but not both. There is no option to change both addresses.How do I change both addresses at: https://j1visawaiverrecommendation.state.gov/ ? Do I submit twice, one for mailing and one for my current address ?

2. The USCIS has strict rules about changing the current address every time we move. But what are the policies of DoS ? Are we also supposed to change our current address on DoS cases when we move ? Just like the USCIS.

3. What about self addressed envelopes. Do we need to send new self addressed envelopes when we change the mailing address ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Went through this recently. Change your address and update it with USPS mail forwarding just in case. 

1. I had the same doubt. Submitted both forms in the same mail. 

2. DoS informs USCIS. You do not have to do anything. The change of address for me got reflected after the favorable recommendation. Hence, I was worried that USCIS will send it to my old address, but they already had the new address from DoS. 

3. These are never used. It does not matter. 

13 hours ago, BigDN said:

Hey there, I just saw that you got your final approval from USCIS.

Can you please walk me through the process?I just got a FR from DOS today.

What happens next?Anything I need to do?

Thanks.

You do not need to do anything. DOS  send your FR to uscis and file a Form 612 on your behalf.  You will get a receipt notice from USCIS  for the filing. you can follow the USCIS status with that receipt number. This whole process(from FR to get the hard copy of the final approval from USCIS)  was one month for me.

7 hours ago, kedi said:

Went through this recently. Change your address and update it with USPS mail forwarding just in case. 

1. I had the same doubt. Submitted both forms in the same mail. 

2. DoS informs USCIS. You do not have to do anything. The change of address for me got reflected after the favorable recommendation. Hence, I was worried that USCIS will send it to my old address, but they already had the new address from DoS. 

3. These are never used. It does not matter. 

So, just to be sure. For no. 1, you created the form twice (one for home address and one for mailing address) and sent it in the same mail. Is that right ?

Edited by qwerty_MN

2 hours ago, HKAD said:

Hello all, Just an update for my case, I received the FR on the 1st July 2021 from the DOS. USCIS now shows that the case was received at another USCIS office on 21st July 2021 (Had to call them to get the receipt number). 

When did you call them, 1 wks, 2 wks, or 3wks after FR?

Thank you!

2 hours ago, RP26 said:

I called the Indian embassy and they told me that they have sent my NOS on the May 5th 2021 to DOS. still not display any thing regarding the NOS paper. Are there  people who are on the same boat?

image.png.86fb70176140c460520d8d9896c8d397.png t 

It can take upto 8 weeks. Moreover, did your embassy send it through mail or email?

Edited by tt2021

11 hours ago, HKAD said:

Hello all, Just an update for my case, I received the FR on the 1st July 2021 from the DOS. USCIS now shows that the case was received at another USCIS office on 21st July 2021 (Had to call them to get the receipt number). 

Congrats @HKAD! I remember you reached out to the congressman — do you think that is what made them process your case finally after you exceeded 16 weeks?

Removal of Conditions (tbd)
2/6/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/7/24: delivered and signed for

2/9/24: text message with IOE receipt number received at 12:26pm

2/13/24: I-797 48 month extension letter and biometrics reuse letter available online, case updated to "actively being reviewed"

Adjustment of Status (5 months)
9/13/21: AOS packet shipped via FedEx

9/15/21: delivered and signed for

9/17/21: 4 text messages with IOE receipt numbers received at 8:45pm

9/24/21: Received 4 receipt notices in the mail and online access code

9/25/21: Biometrics scheduled for Philadelphia, ASC

10/18/21: Biometrics appointment completed for I-485 and I-765 (Code 3)
10/18/21: After biometrics, I-485 and I-765 case statuses immediately changed to "case is being actively reviewed"

10/28/21: I-693 deficiency notice uploaded online, case status still, "case is being actively reviewed"

12/29/21: Interview scheduled. Contacted Emma agent and they said it is on 2/7/22

2/7/22: I-485 approved

2/12/22: I-797 approval notice received for I-485 and I-130

2/15/22: Green card delivered by USPS

54 minutes ago, Pizookie said:

Congrats @HKAD! I remember you reached out to the congressman — do you think that is what made them process your case finally after you exceeded 16 weeks?

Yes, I strongly feel that did it. Just a day after the office of the congressman reached out to DOS, the FR was issued. I would suggest the members to contact the congressman for help in case their case the waiver application remains pending after 12 weeks.

Filed: Other Timeline
On 7/21/2021 at 3:02 PM, kaz2021 said:

also reach out USCIS live chat again and tell them you want to talk to tire2 officer and explain the situation that you have to travel in the pandemic with a risk and severe financial consequence if you lose this job offer in time. did you tell the congressman office that it's very URGENT. call them and ask them you want to inquire your case at USCIS and request expedition . Can your employer submit H1B application with DOS approval , given rest is pending at USCIS ? 

While making an "expedite" request, do these (traveling in pandemic and losing job) really constitute "extreme hardship" ? I doubt. Still no updates from USCIS since I received the receipt 50 days back. Will probably have to contact Congressman's office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.