hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, kedi said:

I was just asked basic details like my name etc, nothing from the DoS side of things. 

Thank you so much. Just talked to them. So apparently the I 612 was sent on July 8.

Let's hope we hear a news soon. At least I have a receipt number in hand. 

Edited by avi865

6 hours ago, avi865 said:

Thank you so much. Just talked to them. So apparently the I 612 was sent on July 8.

Let's hope we hear a news soon. At least I have a receipt number in hand. 

Nice! As in the waiver was approved and hard copy was sent on July 8 or the receipt notice was sent on July 8? Congratulations! 

47 minutes ago, kedi said:

Nice! As in the waiver was approved and hard copy was sent on July 8 or the receipt notice was sent on July 8? Congratulations!

Ooh no not the waiver but the receipt notices were sent on July 8. I also received the hard copy in mail just now!

Hoping all of us hear the much anticipated "approved" soon!

This forum has really been a stress buster.

1 hour ago, avi865 said:

Ooh no not the waiver but the receipt notices were sent on July 8. I also received the hard copy in mail just now!

Hoping all of us hear the much anticipated "approved" soon!

This forum has really been a stress buster.

Ahh I see. Thanks for the update, please keep us posted about when you receive the approval. 
This forum has definitely helped calm some nerves! :) 

Hi Guys,

Here is my crazy timeline. No response from DOS yet.

I emailed them twice in the last two weeks and nothing.

I have reached out to both my senator and congressman but no response.

My DS2019 expires next year. Could this be a reason why DOS is not considering my case urgently?

Did anyone here apply for waiver this year and their DS form is still valid to next year?

Any suggestions of what else I could try?

I'm just exhausted.

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 6.16.15 PM.png

Hello,

This is my timeline. DS-2019 expiring in 2023. Unfortunately, I do not have any suggestions beyond emailing them at 212ewaiver@state.gov

2 hours ago, BigDN said:

Hi Guys,

My DS2019 expires next year. Could this be a reason why DOS is not considering my case urgently?

Did anyone here apply for waiver this year and their DS form is still valid to next year?

I'm just exhausted.

Untitled444.jpg

On second thought, it is unusual for the No Objection Statement (NOS) to be received on the same day as your other documents. I ended up getting my US Consulate to email the NOS directly to the DoS. Maybe try that. Even though my US Consulate sent my NOS within 24 hours of receiving my request (it had tracking and was received), my case was not processed until the consulate sent them an electronic version (apparently there have been delays/issues with processing the NOS).

2 hours ago, BigDN said:

Hi Guys,

I'm just exhausted.

4 minutes ago, ash7376 said:

On second thought, it is unusual for the No Objection Statement (NOS) to be received on the same day as your other documents. I ended up getting my US Consulate to email the NOS directly to the DoS. Maybe try that. Even though my US Consulate sent my NOS within 24 hours of receiving my request (it had tracking and was received), my case was not processed until the consulate sent them an electronic version (apparently there have been delays/issues with processing the NOS).

Wow, this is really fast. Fastest I have seen in this entire forum. Btw, my NOS did not arrive at the same time with other docs. The others arrived first and it took about a month and a half for the NOS to get to them. I had to email them about it. And they replied saying they have the statement but when they updated the information on the website, they backdated and showed everything as received on the same day. I don't know why they did that but I have their email confirming the NOS was received.

So now I don't know what else to do.

1 minute ago, BigDN said:

Wow, this is really fast. Fastest I have seen in this entire forum. Btw, my NOS did not arrive at the same time with other docs. The others arrived first and it took about a month and a half for the NOS to get to them. I had to email them about it. And they replied saying they have the statement but when they updated the information on the website, they backdated and showed everything as received on the same day. I don't know why they did that but I have their email confirming the NOS was received.

So now I don't know what else to do.

Also are you talking about the US consulate sending a NOS to the DOS?Are you a US citizen?Why would you do a J-1 waiver if you are an American?Sorry maybe I am a little confused there

Yeah, I got pretty lucky with the processing time. 

Oh, I meant my home countries' Consulate/Embassy in Washington D.C. When you email the 212ewaiver@state.gov address, are you including the following information?

Case number: 
Last name: 
First name: 
Date of birth: 
Basis under which you are applying for a waiver: 

25 minutes ago, BigDN said:

Also are you talking about the US consulate sending a NOS to the DOS?Are you a US citizen?Why would you do a J-1 waiver if you are an American?Sorry maybe I am a little confused there

5 minutes ago, ash7376 said:

Yeah, I got pretty lucky with the processing time. 

Oh, I meant my home countries' Consulate/Embassy in Washington D.C. When you email the 212ewaiver@state.gov address, are you including the following information?

Case number: 
Last name: 
First name: 
Date of birth: 
Basis under which you are applying for a waiver: 

Yes, not necessarily in that order but all that information is included.

Maybe let me send them another one now

1 minute ago, BigDN said:

Yes, not necessarily in that order but all that information is included.

Maybe let me send them another one now

I'm in a bit of a different status since I'm waiting for my NOS to get accepted, but my documents were received on March 30,2021 and still waiting:/

If you only emailed them in the past two weeks, you might need to wait longer for them to respond. Now the respond time for emails is 15-20 business days.

I sent an email on June 1st and got a reply on June 26... 

2 minutes ago, mango11 said:

I'm in a bit of a different status since I'm waiting for my NOS to get accepted, but my documents were received on March 30,2021 and still waiting:/

If you only emailed them in the past two weeks, you might need to wait longer for them to respond. Now the respond time for emails is 15-20 business days.

I sent an email on June 1st and got a reply on June 26... 

It took about a month and a half for them to tell me they had received the NOS and then backdated its receipt on the website.But yes, that seems so long to not have reflected the NOS. What did they tell you in their response?

I just emailed them again now. I know they discourage repeated emailing but I had emailed them last week as well. So going by the information on how long they take to respond, hopefully I will get the response to my first email next week?

14 minutes ago, BigDN said:

It took about a month and a half for them to tell me they had received the NOS and then backdated its receipt on the website.But yes, that seems so long to not have reflected the NOS. What did they tell you in their response?

I just emailed them again now. I know they discourage repeated emailing but I had emailed them last week as well. So going by the information on how long they take to respond, hopefully I will get the response to my first email next week?

My home government made the NOS (not embassy in DC) since I've already left US, so they're saying they can't accept it because it wasn't made by the DC embassy. I might just have to accept not getting the waiver because my government say their NOS follows protocol and won't issue anything else:/ I replied to DOS again explaining this so hoping I get better news this time!

can lawyer send my No objection statement letter to us embassy?. still on site not displaying anything about the NoS letter from the home embassy side. I called the Local consulate, and they said they have submitted my letter to the DC embassy in the 1st week of may 2021.

Edited by RP26

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.