hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

On 7/8/2021 at 9:57 AM, RD07 said:

I have received a case number, but still waiting for the approval, its been almost 6 weeks.

How did you get in contact with them? I tried to call but just get the machine. I received my FR two weeks ago and reading the cases here it seems like now I have to keep waiting an unknown amount of time :(

16 hours ago, kedi said:

Thanks! Contacted them again and the agent mentions an I-612 case is not in their system yet. Unsure what is causing the delay...

How get in contact with them? I tried to call but just get the machine. I received my FR two weeks ago and reading the cases here it seems like now I have to keep waiting an unknown amount of time :(

3 hours ago, Nancy29 said:

How get in contact with them? I tried to call but just get the machine. I received my FR two weeks ago and reading the cases here it seems like now I have to keep waiting an unknown amount of time :(

You can live chat on Emma and it'll connect you with a service representative or follow the calling instructions on this thread, I think it is on page 32. 

Reading the last few messages, its seems there is a delay in receiving the notice of action from USCIS. I was issued a FR on the 1st July and have not received any information with respect to the case number. The USCIS representative told that there was no information with my details and scheduled me for a call with Tier 2 officer (of course that will take 14-20 days). This entire process will not just end, first it was DOS and not its USCIS :(

Hi! recently found this forum and I am so thankful that I did. My husband and I started our application to register permanent residency or adjust status June 11, 2019. At the time he was in the US on a visitors visa so we applied to change his status to permanent resident. We started his application process before his visa expired, so he was never here illegally. We got to the interview which would have been our last step and received a Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID) from USCIS because he was just under 2 months short of completing his home residency after coming to America on a J1 visa several years prior to us meeting, which neither of us were aware of. After speaking with several lawyers, we decided that the best thing for us to do was to try and receive a Letter of No Objection from his home embassy in Jamaica. During that time USCIS gave us 90 days to respond to the NOID that they had sent before sending us an actual denial. That time passed before we got the approval for the letter, so our application for permanent residency was denied. USCIS then gave us the opportunity to request for a reconsideration within 90 days. We received approval from the Jamaican embassy within that 90 days and sent the information from USCIS. Department of State also updated our case with the information saying that they had received the Letter of No Objection but that my case status was still pending. USCIS has not sent me anything regarding my case, it just says now that they must review my case, this has been the status since August 2020. My best guess is that since my case with DoS is completed that they are waiting on their decision. My problems comes in now because it has almost been 16 weeks since my case was completed and they still have not made a decision. I've uploaded my DoS case timeline and was wondering has anybody else had their No Objection decision take this long and what you did after 16 weeks came  and no decision was made, their website says No Objection Statement decisions are made within 12-16 weeks. June 20th 2021 was 12 weeks and July 18 2021 will be 16 weeks. We have a 2 year old son and I have been taking care of the whole family by myself, working retail this entire time and am hopeful to get him approved and working asap. Thanks for any insight in advance!

ds3035 timeline.PNG

You could email 212ewaiver@state.gov with the following information and an enquiry about the delay after 16 weeks have passed:

Case number: 
Last name: 
First name: 
Date of birth: 
Basis under which you are applying for a waiver:

5 minutes ago, SavRaj said:

Hi! recently found this forum and I am so thankful that I did. My husband and I started our application to register permanent residency or adjust status June 11, 2019. At the time he was in the US on a visitors visa so we applied to change his status to permanent resident. We started his application process before his visa expired, so he was never here illegally. We got to the interview which would have been our last step and received a Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID) from USCIS because he was just under 2 months short of completing his home residency after coming to America on a J1 visa several years prior to us meeting, which neither of us were aware of. After speaking with several lawyers, we decided that the best thing for us to do was to try and receive a Letter of No Objection from his home embassy in Jamaica. During that time USCIS gave us 90 days to respond to the NOID that they had sent before sending us an actual denial. That time passed before we got the approval for the letter, so our application for permanent residency was denied. USCIS then gave us the opportunity to request for a reconsideration within 90 days. We received approval from the Jamaican embassy within that 90 days and sent the information from USCIS. Department of State also updated our case with the information saying that they had received the Letter of No Objection but that my case status was still pending. USCIS has not sent me anything regarding my case, it just says now that they must review my case, this has been the status since August 2020. My best guess is that since my case with DoS is completed that they are waiting on their decision. My problems comes in now because it has almost been 16 weeks since my case was completed and they still have not made a decision. I've uploaded my DoS case timeline and was wondering has anybody else had their No Objection decision take this long and what you did after 16 weeks came  and no decision was made, their website says No Objection Statement decisions are made within 12-16 weeks. June 20th 2021 was 12 weeks and July 18 2021 will be 16 weeks. We have a 2 year old son and I have been taking care of the whole family by myself, working retail this entire time and am hopeful to get him approved and working asap. Thanks for any insight in advance!

ds3035 timeline.PNG

1 minute ago, ash7376 said:

You could email 212ewaiver@state.gov with the following information and an enquiry about the delay after 16 weeks have passed:

Case number: 
Last name: 
First name: 
Date of birth: 
Basis under which you are applying for a waiver:

Thank You! I already have the message typed and in my drafts ready to send on Monday!

16 hours ago, SavRaj said:

Thank You! I already have the message typed and in my drafts ready to send on Monday!

I would suggest to mail today. It takes them weeks to respond and after they send the waiver to USCIS its another waiting period. 

Also maybe reach out to your congressmen's office if they could reach out to the department of state to expedite your case. 

Edited by avi865

On 7/12/2021 at 1:16 PM, avi865 said:

So I guess they send all waivers to VSC. Will post here if there is any update on my side. 

Update: I have received my receipt number from USCIS. Arrived a month later of DOS approval. Now I wait for the approval I guess, fingers crossed that it is done soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.