hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just now, avi865 said:

When was your NOC sent?

Mine was sent in January and was never followed up by the lawyer who was representing us.

When I found out, I sent them an email on May 27. Haven't received any reply. 

It was sent on February, I sent them a copy with my package when I was told to send it - via email.

Hello,

My full timeline (Hope it helps):

January, 12 2021   Documents mailed to DOS

March, 12 2021      Embassy in Washington, D.C. sent NOS to DOS

IMG_0634.thumb.jpg.effd5f9b68ae426e937b0c946deb74ad.jpg

May, 25 2021       I received hard copy of 'Receipt Notice' from USCIS. It has Receipt# to track case status online.

May, 27 2021       Online Approval Notice-USCIS

June, 1 2021        I received hard copy of 'Approval Notice' from USCIS.

(I was on J1-expired in 2014)

Good luck!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ygmr said:

Hello,

My full timeline (Hope it helps):

January, 12 2021   Documents mailed to DOS

March, 12 2021      Embassy in Washington, D.C. sent NOS to DOS

IMG_0634.thumb.jpg.effd5f9b68ae426e937b0c946deb74ad.jpg

May, 25 2021       I received hard copy of 'Receipt Notice' from USCIS. It has Receipt# to track case status online.

May, 27 2021       Online Approval Notice-USCIS

June, 1 2021        I received hard copy of 'Approval Notice' from USCIS.

(I was on J1-expired in 2014)

Good luck!

Wow, 

Embassy sent NOS in March 12, and was updated March 14th ???

when exactly did you see the NOS update on your timeline? 

congratulations

4 minutes ago, Ola87 said:

Wow, 

Embassy sent NOS in March 12, and was updated March 14th ???

when exactly did you see the NOS update on your timeline? 

congratulations

It took ~2 months (from January to March) to have NOS from the government and then the Embassy informed me on March 12th that they sent NOS to DOS. Based on the timeline, DOS received NOS on March 14th and it was posted online on DOS-check the status page on March 15th. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, ygmr said:

It took ~2 months (from January to March) to have NOS from the government and then the Embassy informed me on March 12th that they sent NOS to DOS. Based on the timeline, DOS received NOS on March 14th and it was posted online on DOS-check the status page on March 15th. 

Impressive- I pray mine is this fast 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.