hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ash7376 said:

Hi All,

I'm looking for further information about timelines for USCIS I-612 recommendations/outcomes at the Vermont Service Center (for a NOS)?

Thanks.

212e.jpg

Wow that is really fast, my dates are all at least a month earlier, but have not yet received the recommendation. Do you know when your embassy send in the NOS? Is your DS2019 running out soon?

6 hours ago, MKH said:

They generally update all the documents except the NOS at a same date(this should be the case as these are all part of single package), but I remember seen similar situation or two like yours in this forum. Yes it take 2-3 months to get the DOS site update from the delivery date to the Lockbox. 

Processing time is greatly varied after this stage( to be on positive note it took mine only 2 weeks), and it would do no harm sending an email with kindly mentioning the  details of your filing date and the dead line of yours.

Thanks! If you don't mind me asking, was your process recent? 

22 hours ago, AtlanticOcean said:

Wow that is really fast, my dates are all at least a month earlier, but have not yet received the recommendation. Do you know when your embassy send in the NOS? Is your DS2019 running out soon?

I'm Australian, and the embassy sent my NOS within a few hours of receiving my request (February 25th). However, the DOS said they didn't receive it, so I had the Australian embassy email the DOS an electronic copy of the NOS. This is what the DOS emailed me:

"Due to the COVID 19 pandemic there is a delay in the processing of No Objection Statements sent by mail to the Waiver Review Division. Please encourage your Embassy in Washington DC to submit your No Objection Statement electronically. No Objection Statements sent directly by the applicant will not be accepted."

My timeline looks pretty quick, although I did submit my documents on February 23rd. 

Edited by ash7376

1 hour ago, ash7376 said:

I'm Australian, and the embassy sent my NOS within a few hours of receiving my request (February 25th). However, the DOS said they didn't receive it, so I had the Australian embassy email the DOS an electronic copy of the NOS. This is what the DOS emailed me:

"Due to the COVID 19 pandemic there is a delay in the processing of No Objection Statements sent by mail to the Waiver Review Division. Please encourage your Embassy in Washington DC to submit your No Objection Statement electronically. No Objection Statements sent directly by the applicant will not be accepted."

My timeline looks pretty quick, although I did submit my documents on February 23rd. 

hello,

what is the email address your Embassy will send your NOS to? Does DOS provide a specific email or the email of the official who is reviewing your case?

thanks

Hi all!

My documents showed up as received end of March and now I'm still waiting for my NOS to show up.. My government sent it beginning of April so maybe I should look into emailing to see what's going on.

Today I have a slightly different question. Has anyone renewed their passport while waiting for the waiver? I didn't expect the process to take so long and my passport expires in a few months, so I'm wondering if I should wait as long as possible or just go ahead and renew my passport now. 

If I do renew my passport, do I need to notify them?

Any input is appreciated!

Thank God I saw this forum.

My No objection certificate was send on January 7, 2021. The portal got updated without NOC on April 2, 2021. I have sent them an email today with the scanned copy of the NOC with the date. This is really scaring me, I was counting 12 weeks from March 02, 2021. Guess it hasn't even started.

waiver portal screenshot.png

Edited by avi865

Yes, unfortunately this is the case. The processing time is counted from the time when all the documents have been received including the NOS. All my documents were received on 8th March and it is now the 12th week and the status is still pending. I did write to them this week to confirm if they had all my documents and the processing is not delayed due to lack of missing information. Heard nothing from them though, typical replies are in 15-20 days. It seems things have become slow at DOS, however there have been exceptions where the FR was issues within 2-3 weeks after the NOS update 

Hope for the best and try to keep calm. I am actually expecting them to decide my case in the 16th week itself. However, they have stated also that in some cases they might take more than 16 weeks. Not trying to scare you but honestly we cannot do anything. They don't consider an RFE as a possible reason for expediting the process. I would request your consulate to forward your NOS to the 212e email with you in cc. Then, you can at least write to them with a proof.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

F6696F3F-9E93-457C-8444-AD5262FCFE24.jpeg.4b192413797893f51db782f7e4848046.jpeg

I wrote them after 13 weeks of waiting and I was asked to send my package again (including my NOS). I did and it was updated today , that makes it 17th week. 

I am wondering when my NOS will be updated. Any clue ? 

Thanks. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.