hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Pizookie said:

That's great news! Congrats :)
How long did you wait before emailing DOS to ask for updates? It's been 7 weeks since I mailed my DS-3035 but still nothing is shown online.

I think it was 8 weeks( it is in the DOS site I think). For the first email they said due to covid situ it is usually takes 12-16 weeks to update the case status and wait. Then I sent a second email at the conclusion of 12th week, for that they asked me to email my whole application package. My case appeared on line just after the following day, but I think it was a coincidence as it usually take 5-10 days for a email to get a personnel attention.

nope, I am approaching a year in the DOS. 

You? 

I am on a different blog, two got FR at 11 months and 12 months (minus 2 days) mark. 

A third one got a denial after 16 months at the DOS after a request for sponsor views. I guess it's taking 11-12 months... Anything else you know? 

1 hour ago, KYZ said:

You? 

I am on a different blog, two got FR at 11 months and 12 months (minus 2 days) mark. 

A third one got a denial after 16 months at the DOS after a request for sponsor views. I guess it's taking 11-12 months... Anything else you know? 

How awful!! Sorry to hear that. Is this based on No objection? 

2 hours ago, MKH said:

I think it was 8 weeks( it is in the DOS site I think). For the first email they said due to covid situ it is usually takes 12-16 weeks to update the case status and wait. Then I sent a second email at the conclusion of 12th week, for that they asked me to email my whole application package. My case appeared on line just after the following day, but I think it was a coincidence as it usually take 5-10 days for a email to get a personnel attention.

Congratulations! It has been 24 weeks now at DoS and no sponsor review requested. Does the 24 weeks window include receiving sponsor review or does it take them 24 weeks to then ask for sponsor review?  

8 minutes ago, Hardship waiver said:

Congratulations! It has been 24 weeks now at DoS and no sponsor review requested. Does the 24 weeks window include receiving sponsor review or does it take them 24 weeks to then ask for sponsor review?  

No, they did not requested sponsor reviews, most of the delays in my case (my guess) was from the Lock box delivery  to DOS status update(from first week of Jan to March 16th). My NOS was delivered mid Feb but I had to make my embassy email that again. Finally they sent a reply to one of my emails and told me that they located my NOS and updated the status 2 days after. After that, FR took very short time compare to the other's posted here(see my timeline screen shot).

In my case emailing the DOS helped me a lot , almost all of them were replied by an officer. However I sent those emails giving a reasonable time in between( I know this is a very difficult task given the time sensitive nature most of us are in), this is a waiting game.

Now I am waiting for the NOA from USCIS.

Hope this helps.

Good luck to you all.

image.thumb.png.c1fce36cfc19b4508f82c65b971e44ba.png

4 hours ago, KYZ said:

You? 

Could you leave the link of the other blog in here? 

My dad isn't doing well. I emailed them my dad's doctor's note and told them I need to travel. They replied it can not be a reason to expedite. 

I have consulted another lawyer, he told me this show started from Trump's era. He literally doubled all the processing times. I feel helpless. I must travel otherwise I don't mind waiting. I'm in my 36th week. they are such heartless f..kers. 

12 minutes ago, Aramcod said:

Could you leave the link of the other blog in here? 

My dad isn't doing well. I emailed them my dad's doctor's note and told them I need to travel. They replied it can not be a reason to expedite. 

I have consulted another lawyer, he told me this show started from Trump's era. He literally doubled all the processing times. I feel helpless. I must travel otherwise I don't mind waiting. I'm in my 36th week. they are such heartless f..kers. 

Sorry about your father’s situation. They’re indeed heartless. Lawyers are also useless. My case was stuck at USCIS for two years and my lawyer never sent an application to DoS. She was waiting on USCIS’s decision (and they had sent it but I didn’t have an application with DoS). I hope you hear something back. I have learnt from this forum more than my lawyer ever told me or did for me. 

Edited by Hardship waiver

3 minutes ago, Hardship waiver said:

Sorry about your father’s situation. They’re indeed heartless. Lawyers are also useless. My case was stuck at USCIS for two years and my lawyer never sent an application to DoS. She was waiting on USCIS’s decision (and they had sent it but I didn’t have an application with DoS). I hope you hear something back. I have learnt from this forum more than my lawyer ever told me or did for me. 

Thanks, You are right. I know more than my lawyer. My lawyer messed up my case. She filed my waiver application to DoS after she filed for my i485. My i845 got denied since USCIS waited too long for the waiver decisions from DoS. She has never had the experience of J1 waiver application (which she told me she experience about). 

5 minutes ago, Aramcod said:

Thanks, You are right. I know more than my lawyer. My lawyer messed up my case. She filed my waiver application to DoS after she filed for my i485. My i845 got denied since USCIS waited too long for the waiver decisions from DoS. She has never had the experience of J1 waiver application (which she told me she experience about). 

Luckily I decided not to go with i485!! Just more money down the drain. Hang in there!

Hi

I recently got my FR update in DoS website. I updated the same in my previous message with my timeline. My question is when can I expect to receive the hardcopy letter from DoS? I have not received receipt from USCIS also. Will I get a receipt and can I check the status of final certificate with that receipt number? Also can we apply for H1B using hardcopy of FR from DoS or I have to wait until USCIS sends the final copy? Please suggest. Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.