hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 minute ago, JMCPMT said:

My DS209 expired on Feb 7, 2021, with the grace period ending on Mar 7. 

I cannot say much about what happened on the H1B side. My employee told me they filed the paperwork (during my grace period) and that I was able to legally stay, and that my H1B will officially begin when it is approved after the expedition (hopefully in May or June) 

If you’re doing expedited H1B I believe it should only take 2 weeks until you are ready, which is before you grace period so I believe you are good. However, I’m not a lawyer. I don’t know if you don’t get your H1B until October, sorry

Thanks a lot @JMCPMT

At least i know that there is one case.

All the info on the internet concluded that it is IMPOSSIBLE. 

Of course, H1B approval is not 100% guaranteed but hope is there. 

The gap-cap is absolutely 100% automatically for F-visa but J-visa is always a myth.

Will wait for my attorney's reply then.

Hi everyone, thanks so much for this thread, the information here is very helpful.

I have now a question on my own. My embassy send the NOS letter to the DOS already on 2/22, which is more than 6 weeks ago, but it still does not show up in the webinterface. All other documents show up. The information from DOS is that it takes up to 4 weeks, any advise on if I should wait some more or better to contact my embassy again if they can resubmit it?

Thanks so much!

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 hours ago, AtlanticOcean said:

Hi everyone, thanks so much for this thread, the information here is very helpful.

I have now a question on my own. My embassy send the NOS letter to the DOS already on 2/22, which is more than 6 weeks ago, but it still does not show up in the webinterface. All other documents show up. The information from DOS is that it takes up to 4 weeks, any advise on if I should wait some more or better to contact my embassy again if they can resubmit it?

Thanks so much!

Please send an email to the DoS' - 212ewaiver@state.gov

They will autoreply first then in the next few days you will very likely receive a real agent's reply.

I got all replies but many members here didn't.

They will let you know if your embassy can email.

Due to covid things change drastically and cases are different from one to one.

Hope this helps and wish us all here luck.

On 4/9/2021 at 6:44 PM, dm2003 said:

On 4/9/2021 at 6:44 PM, dm2003 said:

Please send an email to the DoS' - 212ewaiver@state.gov

They will autoreply first then in the next few days you will very likely receive a real agent's reply.

I got all replies but many members here didn't.

They will let you know if your embassy can email.

Due to covid things change drastically and cases are different from one to one.

Thanks a lot! Indeed my embassy send it by email. Hopefully that has worked. I have now send an email to DoS. The email mentions it will take 10 buisness days for reply. Let's see, I hope they are faster than that ...

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Guyz please, I need help. 

I had US sponsorship for MWF fellowship, I went back to Nigeria and got a F visa for my PhD after 5months in Nigeria. Exactly a year into my PhD , I got married to a US Citizen Medical Doctor. 

I am still very Légal as my PhD is running fine, we decide to file for waiver (NOS). I did everything myself but then I felt a lawyer would be better. So I sent everything I did (Statement of reason) to the lawyer, paid in full ... 

It’s about 10 weeks he submitted the application but no update yet on DoS page. Does it take that long ? 

the guy is not updating me on anything, when I text him , he text back but I don’t really like his responses - seems as if I’m forcing/disturbing him. Is this normal or should I take it as if I am the one too anxious ? 

Infact, when I ask for my case number, he said he will send it when the DoS confirms the receipt of  my documents (though , I saw it in one of the documents he sent to me) ... 

he told my friend I connected with him that my no objection letter has arrived from Nigerian embassy but told me in a text recently that the letter might take of to 3 months ... I’m just confused. 

im worried - I feel I should have done this myself. 

friends - kindly advise. 

is not updating my documents on DoS page for 10 weeks normal ? 

Edited by Ola87

Hi all, has anyone gotten any updates on their case in the past week or so? It's been pretty quiet here. 

Removal of Conditions (tbd)
2/6/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/7/24: delivered and signed for

2/9/24: text message with IOE receipt number received at 12:26pm

2/13/24: I-797 48 month extension letter and biometrics reuse letter available online, case updated to "actively being reviewed"

Adjustment of Status (5 months)
9/13/21: AOS packet shipped via FedEx

9/15/21: delivered and signed for

9/17/21: 4 text messages with IOE receipt numbers received at 8:45pm

9/24/21: Received 4 receipt notices in the mail and online access code

9/25/21: Biometrics scheduled for Philadelphia, ASC

10/18/21: Biometrics appointment completed for I-485 and I-765 (Code 3)
10/18/21: After biometrics, I-485 and I-765 case statuses immediately changed to "case is being actively reviewed"

10/28/21: I-693 deficiency notice uploaded online, case status still, "case is being actively reviewed"

12/29/21: Interview scheduled. Contacted Emma agent and they said it is on 2/7/22

2/7/22: I-485 approved

2/12/22: I-797 approval notice received for I-485 and I-130

2/15/22: Green card delivered by USPS

At long last it is finally OVER!

Thanks to all members for your support and if anyone needs help I am always reachable.

Here's my timeline:

Documents sent to Embassy and DoS: 24th November 2020

Documents delivered by USPS: 28th November 2020

Embassy sends NOS to me: 5th December 2020

DoS shows documents (except NOS) received : 12th January 2021

DoS shows NOS received 9th February 2021

DoS send Favorable Recommendation :1st April 2021

USCIS sends I-797C NoA: 7th April 2021 (received at home on 13th April 2021)

USCIS approves case online: 19th April 2021

Waiting for the hard copy now

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Mlle_Wanderlust said:

At long last it is finally OVER!

Thanks to all members for your support and if anyone needs help I am always reachable.

Here's my timeline:

Documents sent to Embassy and DoS: 24th November 2020

Documents delivered by USPS: 28th November 2020

Embassy sends NOS to me: 5th December 2020

DoS shows documents (except NOS) received : 12th January 2021

DoS shows NOS received 9th February 2021

DoS send Favorable Recommendation :1st April 2021

USCIS sends I-797C NoA: 7th April 2021 (received at home on 13th April 2021)

USCIS approves case online: 19th April 2021

Waiting for the hard copy now

Congratulations friend 

22 minutes ago, Ola87 said:

Please, does any one has the number of DoS, and any idea of how to reach a 2nd tier officer ? 

Just now, Mlle_Wanderlust said:

The only way was by email

However the USCIS can be reached over the phone

Yeah, DoS does not have a phone number to call and there is no concept of a Tier 1/2 Officer at DoS, only at USCIS. DoS email ID is: 212ewaiver@state.gov

Removal of Conditions (tbd)
2/6/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/7/24: delivered and signed for

2/9/24: text message with IOE receipt number received at 12:26pm

2/13/24: I-797 48 month extension letter and biometrics reuse letter available online, case updated to "actively being reviewed"

Adjustment of Status (5 months)
9/13/21: AOS packet shipped via FedEx

9/15/21: delivered and signed for

9/17/21: 4 text messages with IOE receipt numbers received at 8:45pm

9/24/21: Received 4 receipt notices in the mail and online access code

9/25/21: Biometrics scheduled for Philadelphia, ASC

10/18/21: Biometrics appointment completed for I-485 and I-765 (Code 3)
10/18/21: After biometrics, I-485 and I-765 case statuses immediately changed to "case is being actively reviewed"

10/28/21: I-693 deficiency notice uploaded online, case status still, "case is being actively reviewed"

12/29/21: Interview scheduled. Contacted Emma agent and they said it is on 2/7/22

2/7/22: I-485 approved

2/12/22: I-797 approval notice received for I-485 and I-130

2/15/22: Green card delivered by USPS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.