hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, scaice said:

I finally got the approval notice from USCIS!  It arrived inexplicably to Bogota, Colombia (my home country), even though the DoS favorable recommendation arrived to my current address in the US and the address at USCIS is also my US address.

Thanks for all the help from people in this forum!

Below my final timeline in case it is useful:

July 23 2020: Sent DS-3035 and other documents

Sep 13th 2020: DoS received DS-2019, Fee and Statement of reason

Sep 21st 2020: DoS received NOS from Colombian Embassy

Sep 28st 2020: DoS received DS-3035

November 16th 2020: DoS sent favorable recommendation

November  21st 2020: Received physical copy of favorable recommendation to US address

Jan 28th 2020: Received physical copy of i797c (dated Nov 27th) and i797 (Dated Dec 7) to address in Bogota Colombia.

Before getting the physical copy I tried calling the USCIS several times but the were not helpful (even though my case was approved since Dec 7th!!)

Good luck to everyone waiting and thanks again for all the help!

Congratulations!

Could you please tell us when your DS 2019 was expiring?

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Everyone!

Would like to hear your all advice!

My status is expiring at the end of May 2021, for switching into F visa, is Community College a good option or Master will be the best choice?

I had phd from a US university and master from europe. 

When should be the starting of the I20 if issued?

Thank you every comment and advice.

@Mlle_Wanderlust   My DS-2019 expired in June 2020. My situation was somehow more convoluted as I am in the US using my tourist visa. I think none of this affected my processing time. It took some time to get the NOS from the embassy, and it was particularly  a long wait before receiving the physical documents from USCIS after the FR from DoS. 

I hope you have good news soon! 

I am finally done!! My J1 Waiver Case has been approved by USCIS. They received my case from the DoS on 01/2/2021 and it was approved on 02/01/2021.

@SG_J1 Any updates from you? I didn't receive the hard copy of my Favorable recommendation from DoS.  I only received Form I-797C, Notice of Action from USCIS, Vermont Service Center. 

I wish you all good luck with your cases and I look forward to hearing more stories of approval notice!!

Cheers.

J1_waiver.thumb.PNG.698cc9b1637d694feca06549f328ad33.PNG

8 minutes ago, vincee said:

I am finally done!! My J1 Waiver Case has been approved by USCIS. They received my case from the DoS on 01/2/2021 and it was approved on 02/01/2021.

@SG_J1 Any updates from you? I didn't receive the hard copy of my Favorable recommendation from DoS.  I only received Form I-797C, Notice of Action from USCIS, Vermont Service Center. 

I wish you all good luck with your cases and I look forward to hearing more stories of approval notice!!

Cheers.

I only received Form I-797C, Notice of Action from USCIS, Vermont Service Center.  Where did you check your case status? So happy for you!!!

1 hour ago, vincee said:

Cheers.

Congratulations.
When did you get the FR from DOS? I remember you waited long after the Embassy sent the NOS

33 minutes ago, SG_J1 said:

Also done now!!! Good luck with your job hunt Vincee!!

@vincee and @SG_J1

Could you please tell me how long it took to get the NOS from your embassy to be uploaded to the DOS website

And how long after that did you get the FR?

I am literally going insane- no update for a month and Embassy had sent me a copy of the NOS over 2 months back

Thanks for all the help

3 minutes ago, Mlle_Wanderlust said:

@vincee and @SG_J1

Could you please tell me how long it took to get the NOS from your embassy to be uploaded to the DOS website

And how long after that did you get the FR?

I am literally going insane- no update for a month and Embassy had sent me a copy of the NOS over 2 months back

Thanks for all the help

I had an aweful timeline. NOS was sent by embassy by email so I know the exact time DOS received it. Took them 2 months to update the DOS website (Had my embassy resend it 5 times and they were ready to kill me, might not be welcome in my home country anymore lol). FR took almost exactly 16 weeks. My precise timeline is in my previous posts. You can click on my name and look for them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.