hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@SG_J1 I only saw now your post with your final takeaways, and thank you so much!

I think that however conjectural all of our inferences may be, it is incredibly helpful for people at any stage of this excruciating process to gain at least a rough idea of what to expect. I am bracing myself for other 3 months of wait for the FR (NOS in for already a month), which in all likelihood will imply delays in my H1B and having to renegotiate my current start date (July 1st) with my employer if need be. I am perhaps being a bit too apocalyptic, but I would rather be prepared for such a scenario: any improvement from this will be a gain... And, in fact, one could also always find oneself at the center of one of those 2-year horror stories like @food_fanatic's so, better be prepared.

Small question for @SG_J1: What is your basis to infer that a "pending H1b application" can aid the process? My own case? (info: my own NOS was updated as "received" only a couple days after... Although I specified in my application my job start date, I did not explicitly say that I would be applying for an H1B, but I imagine that to be evident. Just for further info, my job is at an academic institution and therefore not subject to lottery and country caps).

As usual, my best wishes for a speedy resolution for everybody.  

14 minutes ago, Oriol said:

@SG_J1 I only saw now your post with your final takeaways, and thank you so much!

I think that however conjectural all of our inferences may be, it is incredibly helpful for people at any stage of this excruciating process to gain at least a rough idea of what to expect. I am bracing myself for other 3 months of wait for the FR (NOS in for already a month), which in all likelihood will imply delays in my H1B and having to renegotiate my current start date (July 1st) with my employer if need be. I am perhaps being a bit too apocalyptic, but I would rather be prepared for such a scenario: any improvement from this will be a gain... And, in fact, one could also always find oneself at the center of one of those 2-year horror stories like @food_fanatic's so, better be prepared.

Small question for @SG_J1: What is your basis to infer that a "pending H1b application" can aid the process? My own case? (info: my own NOS was updated as "received" only a couple days after... Although I specified in my application my job start date, I did not explicitly say that I would be applying for an H1B, but I imagine that to be evident. Just for further info, my job is at an academic institution and therefore not subject to lottery and country caps).

As usual, my best wishes for a speedy resolution for everybody.  

I am just inferring that because several people have written to DoS stating that they submitted an H1b application and are waiting for the waiver and those people appear to have gotten a waiver quite fast. It could be coincidence but it is a recurring theme in this forum.

I think overall anything that lets you make a case for your application being urgent will be helpful!

Edited by SG_J1

On 1/8/2021 at 1:07 PM, KYZ said:

Not really sure why, it is so stressful. I hope you’re luckier, it took USCIS 10 months to send the I612 to DOS. I hope your timeline continues to show a short trend... 

I did not email them, as our immigration attorney strongly recommended against it as it could result in negative outcomes. We submitted evidence that I am (was) on the frontline with fight against COVID-19, including first author publications... still nothing 

Hi! How long did it take USCIS to send you the final hard copy waiver approval after they received recommendation from DoS?

1 minute ago, vincee said:

Hello All, any updates on your case? I will continue praying for you all to receive a favorable recommendation soon. 

Please, make sure you alert the forum once you have any questions or concerns. 

Vincee let me know if you get mail from DoS or USCIS. We now have parallel timelines 🙂 Almost there...

On 1/22/2021 at 9:31 PM, Oriol said:

Thank you all for your recent updates.

@mango11, all I can say is that I am at the stage in which all my documents, including No Objection Statement, show up as "received" in the Department of State's tracking page. I did write the country and case number on the first page of every document I sent, but not on every single page of every document. On the DS3035 I simply filled it electronically and did not add a handwritten country+case on every page. i hope this helps!

Thanks!! My packet got delivered to the PO box in St Louis today. Now the waiting begins...!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.