hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SG_J1 said:

@hIUSAj1 Congratulations!

That was so fast! Did you ask for expedited processing? Or was your visa about to expire? My documents are ready for processing since October 5 but still Pending 😕

Cheers!

No I didn’t, I just apply and sent emails without asking expedite processing. I knew that they were working in my case because my DS-3035 first showed received on November 5th and then a week later it changed to received on the 12th. I sent an email asking why? What happened? They replied this “ Your case file appears to be complete and ready to process.  Provided we have received all the required documentation, we assure you that your request will be processed as soon as possible”. 

The 2 emails I sent I was very very very thankful for everything, I even told them happy holidays haha, I don’t know I imagine them so angry to be working on this dates so they might help me expediting my request if I put nice words in the email. It worked for me 🤷🏻‍♀️Try it.  I never expected this hahaha. My visa is expiring at the end of February. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
6 minutes ago, vincee said:

@SG_J1 can you share your timeline?

Thank you

Timeline here:

Application sent on September 10th

Received on September 16th

Check cashed on September 20th

NOS letter sent by embassy on September 21st

I sent an email regarding the status of my case on October 17th

Case and NOS received on November 5th

DS-3035 change date received from November 5th to November 12th

I sent an email regarding why the received date of DS-3035 changed, this was November 17th and they reply on the 23rd. 

FR sent on December 28th.

@Vincee. Yes I contact them about every 2-4 weeks and always get the same generic answer (Your application appears to be complete. Processing time is 12-16 week from receipt of all documents. We will process your application as soon as possible). Processing time begins only when they received all documents (including NOS). It appears that most people with complete application on September 8 got their FR on December 8, so I think my processing time is still pretty normal. I guess most applications that where complete October 8 will get FR beginning of January (or thats at least what I hope).

On 6/17/2020 at 11:18 AM, J1hardship said:

Hello Everyone, 

- I applied for a J1 hardship waiver based on exceptional hardship to my US citizen child on May 16th, 2019. 
-USCIS updated the case status tool as it has sent my application for Non-USCIS advisory opinion on April 16th, 2019.

-Since then no update on DOS website as my i612/613 has been received 

-my service requests has been answered by California Service center as they were waiting for the response from the DOS waiver review division.

- I contacted the congressman recently, answered as

“ the transferring of I-612 waiver recommendation requests to the Department of State (DOS) J-1 Waiver Division has not yet been forwarded for review yet. Per the supervisor, the current work at home mandate and limited number of clerical staff at the CSC has caused a delay in the processing of I-612 waiver recommendation requests. “ recommended a follow-up with them in 45 days to check on the status of the case.

- my j1 status expiry on June 30,2020. After then no salary no healthcare coverage. Applied for a j1 extension to take the boards. But will be in a situation of extreme financial hardship. 

I feel so helpless and frustrated. Any suggestions? 

Thank you

Any updates on your case? 

25 minutes ago, vincee said:

@SG_J1 Okay. We will be alright.

I am sure! We are actually in a very similar situation, I am also a Postdoc and extended my J1 status to September 2022 (maximum of 5 years). Also applying for jobs now that require H1b but do not have an offer yet (expecting one in March). Did you have funding from your home government or are you only subject due to skills list? (I had funding from my home government).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.