hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

On 11/7/2020 at 8:09 PM, Chemres108 said:

I received I-797C today (1 week after DOS FR) from USCIS and status is showing case was received another USCIS office (did not receive any hard copy of FR from DOS). I belive we need to create account to know the details. Can anyone tell me how do I create the account? Thanks!

You can create a normal USCIS account as a private individual at https://myaccount.uscis.gov/users/sign_up and then add your case number.

Hi everyone,

Finally got my approval. The hardcopy for I797 arrived today. Below is my timeline:

Timeline here:

Application sent on July 10th

Received on July 14th

NOS letter sent by embassy on Jul 31st

Case received on Aug 21st

NOS appeared on Aug 26th

FR sent on Oct 19th

I797 (approval notice) received on Nov 9th.

I wish good luck for everyone here!

On 11/9/2020 at 1:28 PM, buckethead said:

Hi everyone,

Finally got my approval. The hardcopy for I797 arrived today. Below is my timeline:

Timeline here:

Application sent on July 10th

Received on July 14th

NOS letter sent by embassy on Jul 31st

Case received on Aug 21st

NOS appeared on Aug 26th

FR sent on Oct 19th

I797 (approval notice) received on Nov 9th.

I wish good luck for everyone here!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your process timeline.

All document send 4th August 

All document +NOS appeared on 8th September.

Still it is showing pending status.

Did you send any mail to DOS in between NOS appear and FR send?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Edited by smanna

Hello all, 

Received the final I-797 today from USCIS. It took just 2 weeks after the case was approved by DOS. Very happy and good luck to everyone who is waiting. Please let me know if I can help with any questions. Thinking about putting the I-797 in a frame and hanging it on the wall with all my awards and achievements. 

Below is my timeline. 

Application sent on June 25th

Received on June 29th

NOS letter sent by embassy on Jul 7th

Case received on Aug 16th

NOS appeared on Sep 7th

FR sent on Oct 29th (No hard copy from DOS received)

I797 (approval notice) received on Nov 16th (approved on USCIS website on Nov 10th)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 4:15 PM, PRIG said:

Hey guys, attached is the USCIS status I'm seeing online with the given I-612 receipt no. It's weird that instead of showing any status its saying that my application transferred from another office (didn't understand what does this imply). Also the I-797C  notice which I received do not mention any other information except the receipt no. It's been >2 weeks since I got FR drom dos. Could anyone here please help me to interpret what does that mean or someone else who is going through / or had similar experience?

appreciate any suggestions. Thanks1548849347_USCISstaus-1.thumb.JPG.ef44be4e6057e827f80701d14c8d5a9f.JPG

Hi Prig, I am currently seeing the same thing on USCIS website. Did you receive the approval notice? If so, how long did it take? Thanks for your reply.

On 11/17/2020 at 12:33 AM, Chemres108 said:

Hello all, 

Received the final I-797 today from USCIS. It took just 2 weeks after the case was approved by DOS. Very happy and good luck to everyone who is waiting. Please let me know if I can help with any questions. Thinking about putting the I-797 in a frame and hanging it on the wall with all my awards and achievements. 

Below is my timeline. 

Application sent on June 25th

Received on June 29th

NOS letter sent by embassy on Jul 7th

Case received on Aug 16th

NOS appeared on Sep 7th

FR sent on Oct 29th (No hard copy from DOS received)

I797 (approval notice) received on Nov 16th (approved on USCIS website on Nov 10th)

Hi, I sent my application at the beginning of March. I also received FR on Oct 29th, with no hard copy from DOS. I didn't receive yet the approval notice. If I enter my receipt number on USCIS website, this is what I am currently seeing

1548849347_USCISstaus-1.thumb.JPG.ef44be4e6057e827f80701d14c8d5a9f.JPG

Can anyone please help or share their experience?  Thanks a lot.

9 hours ago, waiverj said:

Hi, I sent my application at the beginning of March. I also received FR on Oct 29th, with no hard copy from DOS. I didn't receive yet the approval notice. If I enter my receipt number on USCIS website, this is what I am currently seeing

1548849347_USCISstaus-1.thumb.JPG.ef44be4e6057e827f80701d14c8d5a9f.JPG

Can anyone please help or share their experience?  Thanks a lot.

My case was showing the same in USCIS website, but it was approved after few days. I think it is fine and just to need wait little more. 

Timeline

Hi Everyone, 

I have applied for J1-waiver in first week of September,2020. Documents were received by DoS on October 15, 2020 . 

It's been almost 12 weeks 

My J1 will be expiring on January 17 plus 30 days grace period , 2020 and I am getting worried. Any ideas about how to get FR.

Thank you.F574B7F9-28F3-4C85-9807-16B74EC4AD71.jpeg.62008eb99beb7d1b00cb945e2c5e7430.jpeg

Finally my turn to share my timeline!

08/29  Mailed all documents to DOS and Embassy

09/17  Embassy mailed NOS (I requested a copy from Embassy, received 09/21)

10/08  Status updated on J1-waiver website (everything but NOS received)

* DOS said they received my G-28, which I did not send. Informed 212e email and got it fixed/removed

My NOS never showed up.

-- Phone communication with Embassy. They will not send another NOS unless I get notified by DOS that they did not receive it. 

11/02  Emailed 212e to inquire about NOS status

11/03  212e replied: did not receive NOS --> Phone and email communication with Embassy to re-send NOS

11/08  NOS received

I got a job offer in the end of November so I had to request for expedite processing to apply for green card asap (before my current status expires next year). 

12/02  Expedite request sent to 212e email

12/03  212e replied: request received and will make a determination in 5-10 business days

12/08  FR sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like anything that could have turned wrong just all happened..

Hopefully I'll get the final documents soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.