hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, StephanieAbc said:

I received I797C today and I checked the status with my receipt number. It shows Case was received at another USCIS office.

Does it mean it takes longer than expected to process the case? 

I am getting so tired of this... 😪

Not necessarily.

pls consider creating an account.
Then you can see more details. 

Finally! Hopefully to get the approval from USCIS soon. Took exactly 16 weeks from my document reached to DOS (June 29). 

No_obj_selected.gif
  Department of State Advisory Opinion Finding: Favorable Recommendation

Item Action Date
Recommendation Sent October, 29 2020
No Objection Statement Received September, 08 2020
Passport Data Page Received August, 17 2020
Fee Received August, 16 2020
Form DS-3035 Received August, 16 2020
Form DS-2019 Received August, 16 2020
Statement Of Reason Received August, 16 2020

On 10/21/2020 at 7:13 PM, RVK said:

That is stressful! you might want to email 212ewaiver to see what's going on. I haven't done so but a friend did and the Waiver dept did respond back after 15 days with a status update. Good luck!

Got it! The email actually worked. They replied me in 5 days and told my FR was approved even before it was showing in the online system. Did you receive the final certificate from USCIS yet?

22 minutes ago, Chemres108 said:

Got it! The email actually worked. They replied me in 5 days and told my FR was approved even before it was showing in the online system. Did you receive the final certificate from USCIS yet?

Congrats!! Now waiting for the USCIS. I am getting a little stressed again because its been 15 days since I got the FR update from DOS. I have received neither a hard copy from DOS nor any 612 notice of action from USCIS. I guess I just have to wait. Do let me know if you get any thing from USCIS.

1 hour ago, RVK said:

Congrats!! Now waiting for the USCIS. I am getting a little stressed again because its been 15 days since I got the FR update from DOS. I have received neither a hard copy from DOS nor any 612 notice of action from USCIS. I guess I just have to wait. Do let me know if you get any thing from USCIS.

Ok. Keep me posted. DOS mentioned in the email that they sent a hard copy of the letter in my mail. Let's wait and see.

27 minutes ago, Chemres108 said:

Ok. Keep me posted. DOS mentioned in the email that they sent a hard copy of the letter in my mail. Let's wait and see.

Oh Spoke too soon. I replied to your message, and for whatever reason went to check my mail and there it was (wasn't there day before yesterday so must have arrived yesterday)! I got both the notice of action and the approval notice pretty much at the same time. Haven't even received the DOS FR hard copy yet but I guess that doesn't matter! Looks like it might take around 15 days post FR update for USCIS notice and approval. Good luck and thank you all who respond here...helps with the panic to know about everyone's timelines :)

25 minutes ago, RVK said:

Oh Spoke too soon. I replied to your message, and for whatever reason went to check my mail and there it was (wasn't there day before yesterday so must have arrived yesterday)! I got both the notice of action and the approval notice pretty much at the same time. Haven't even received the DOS FR hard copy yet but I guess that doesn't matter! Looks like it might take around 15 days post FR update for USCIS notice and approval. Good luck and thank you all who respond here...helps with the panic to know about everyone's timelines :)

Great! This is good news for all those who are waiting. 

On 10/23/2020 at 3:27 AM, StephanieAbc said:

Hi I resent the package because the congressman has been contacting the DoS and they finally found no information regarding my case. 8 weeks after i mailed the package, I got an email from 212e waiver saying that I need to send them again everything I mailed early June. I think it was because the congressman has been contacting them and follow the case, which made them realize that my package was lost...

I sent money order as well, but they returned it back because the first money has been cashed out and i emailed them the receipt.

just two days ago i received an update on the state paper was received 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading this posts for the last 7 weeks. I sent my waiver (NOS) on September 16th and the waiver division just updated the information about my case that was received after 7 weeks, my embassy sent the NOS on September 21st so I'm hopping next week it will be updated, I'm crossing fingers. It's anyone on the same dates as me?

image.png.501a69fd7247040c5a8ad13283e3824f.png

Edited by hlUSAj1
error

Hi Everyone!

I'm also in the process of getting a NOS-based waiver for the home residency requirement. First off, I must say that this thread is so extremely useful in getting through the process. Thanks to all of you for being so helpful.

Now for my situation: I first applied for the waiver at the beginning of 2020. My DoS case status was updated in early July to a "Favorable Recommendation". However, I have still not received any letters from either the DoS or the USCIS. I'm worried that the letters might be lost, or run into some other issues - especially given the pandemic. Since I don't live in the United States anymore, I had set the mailing address to my international address. So I suppose there is a possibility that the mail is just delayed - I'm hoping this is the case since it's unlikely all three letters could have gotten lost.

Still, I'm considering whether there are any other options I could use. I have the DoS case number, but not the USCIS case number. Therefore, I suppose I can only contact the Department of State and ask them for more information. Has anyone been in a similar position, where you have not received the letters? Would you have any suggestions as to what I could try?

Thanks!

10 hours ago, food_fanatic said:

Also, for all those who have received their receipt numbers, is there a particular USCIS service center that the DoS sends the applications to? (I think this can be figured out based on the first three letters of the receipt number. Asking because I might try contacting that service center directly!

It is for most of the cases routed to Vermont Servie Center. You can enquire with USCIS at (800) 375-5283. DOS gave me this number. Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.