hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, qwopqwop said:

Has anybody from mid-April or early May had any success in getting their case number? My FR was issued May 4 but USCIS can't find mine yet. It sounds like it takes about 30 days now, as opposed to 15 days, like it was for FRs issued early March. 

Last time I spoke with an Emma agent, they said they'd need to know which processing center it was sent to. Does anybody know? Screenshots posted here usually say "received at another USCIS office", which makes me think they don't send it to a processing center but to some other USCIS office. It's also concerning that some cases say "received in lockbox", since according to USCIS, applications received in lockboxes can take up to 90 days to be assigned a receipt and case number.

I got mine on 12th May, I have not received any letter from DoS nor do I know how approach USCIS to find the receipt number. 

On 5/23/2022 at 9:55 PM, vinhtknguyen said:

My timeline:

12/15: sent the application

02/22: NOS sent

04/15: got favorable recommendation.

04/21: received FR hard copy from the DOS

05/09: Case Was Received At Another USCIS Office

05/23: Case approved!!!

GLTA!!!

Congrats! I’m still waiting on my mail of approval. But I guess the second envelope might not be used cuz USDOS forwarded the case to USCIS electronically. 

22 hours ago, qwopqwop said:

Has anybody from mid-April or early May had any success in getting their case number? My FR was issued May 4 but USCIS can't find mine yet. It sounds like it takes about 30 days now, as opposed to 15 days, like it was for FRs issued early March. 

Last time I spoke with an Emma agent, they said they'd need to know which processing center it was sent to. Does anybody know? Screenshots posted here usually say "received at another USCIS office", which makes me think they don't send it to a processing center but to some other USCIS office. It's also concerning that some cases say "received in lockbox", since according to USCIS, applications received in lockboxes can take up to 90 days to be assigned a receipt and case number.

I had asked if anybody knows which USCIS office it's sent to, but apparently I didn't read their last email to me carefully enough :( It's electronically transmitted to Vermont Service Center. Just sharing in case it helps someone else.

My FR was sent April 29, still waiting on USCIS to send receipt notice. I've chatted to the USCIS live agent via Emma a few times and the past 2 times I've been asked to email the lockbox support email. Has anyone else been told this and done so? DOS confirmed that they sent my case electronically, so it doesn't make much sense to me to contact the lockbox? 

1 hour ago, rianno said:

My FR was sent April 29, still waiting on USCIS to send receipt notice. I've chatted to the USCIS live agent via Emma a few times and the past 2 times I've been asked to email the lockbox support email. Has anyone else been told this and done so? DOS confirmed that they sent my case electronically, so it doesn't make much sense to me to contact the lockbox? 

I am in the same boat. In got FR on May 12. I have to received any notice from DOS or USCIS but I received an email from 212visa that they sent the FR electronically to USCIS. Have you received any notice (mail) from DOS? 
Regarding contacting Emma do u have a receipt number? 

thanks

Rims

4 minutes ago, Rimssk said:

I am in the same boat. In got FR on May 12. I have to received any notice from DOS or USCIS but I received an email from 212visa that they sent the FR electronically to USCIS. Have you received any notice (mail) from DOS? 
Regarding contacting Emma do u have a receipt number? 

thanks

Rims

I emailed DOS via the 212e email and they confirmed it was sent electronically to USCIS. I also received a hardcopy of the FR about a week after they gave me FR. 

I've contacted USCIS via Emma and tell them that I don't have a receipt number, and they then ask for full name, DOB, address (although it's been a little variable between agents - some ask for address, others ask to verify place of birth or to provide phone number). They have said nothing is in the system. Only 1 agent told me to wait 30 days, others have told me to email the lockboxsupport email. 

1 hour ago, rianno said:

I emailed DOS via the 212e email and they confirmed it was sent electronically to USCIS. I also received a hardcopy of the FR about a week after they gave me FR. 

I've contacted USCIS via Emma and tell them that I don't have a receipt number, and they then ask for full name, DOB, address (although it's been a little variable between agents - some ask for address, others ask to verify place of birth or to provide phone number). They have said nothing is in the system. Only 1 agent told me to wait 30 days, others have told me to email the lockboxsupport email. 

Thanks for the information. After how many days did u receive the hard copy? 

20 minutes ago, DebSATX said:

Hello! 

I was wondering, are there any early October applicants (send to St Louis ~October 8th) who are waiting for a decision 16+ weeks after DOS received the whole packet (around ~ February 8)?

Thank you

Hi! I did everything one month after you! I am still waiting!

19 hours ago, madovi said:

Hi! I did everything one month after you! I am still waiting!

Hi, I did sent the packet in October but they lost my packet twice. I had to resend in February. Emailed them every week to know the status. My case was updated on their website on March 12th, 2022. After a month they asked me to email all the  documents. Finally, May 12th they updated my status to FR but I have not received any hard copy /proof. Still waiting for receipt number from USCIS. 

Edited by Rimssk

On 5/25/2022 at 9:27 AM, qwopqwop said:

I had asked if anybody knows which USCIS office it's sent to, but apparently I didn't read their last email to me carefully enough :( It's electronically transmitted to Vermont Service Center. Just sharing in case it helps someone else.

Any updates on ur case. I received same email but no receipt number yet. 

2 hours ago, Rimssk said:

Any updates on ur case. I received same email but no receipt number yet. 

Nothing yet. I emailed the USCIS lockbox address, got an auto reply saying allow 30 business days for a response. Sick of waiting 30 days for every single step of the process. I was supposed to start my job next week and I thought getting an FR on May 4 would allow enough time...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.