hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

On 5/9/2022 at 7:42 AM, metehan said:

UPDATE

I was able to get my I-612 number today after FR on 3/30.

The status shows this thing, I don't know what that means - received from another office. But seems like it's working.

The problem is; USCIS agent told me that they have an out of country address on the system where they sent the notice via mail. It seems like DoS made a mistake and forwarded my home country address, even though I put a US address in the application and checked it as my preferred contact address. This is unfortunate and probably the reason why I haven't received the DoS letter yet.

I'm trying to fix this issue. Any input will be much appreciated

Note: Keep on working on Emma. It pays at the end.

Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 09.37.22.png

Do you or anyone know how it would take approximately after case was received at another USCIS Office?

1 hour ago, vinhtknguyen said:

My timeline:

12/15: sent the application

02/22: NOS sent

04/15: got favorable recommendation.

04/21: received FR hard copy from the DOS

05/09: Case Was Received At Another USCIS Office

Waiting for the approval. GLTA!

I got my FR on 05/13. Have not received the copy from DOS. How can we track USCIS received the case? 
thank u 

rims

3 minutes ago, mia7 said:

Update:

3/31/22 FR sent

5/6/22 Received at another USCIS office

5/20/22 I got the approval finally

Congrats!!!

In the application sent to DOS, we sent two prepaid envelops. One envelop was returned with the DOS's FR hard copy. Is the second envelop for the final approval from the USCIS? Did you check the tracking number of the second envelop?

I think the second envelope was for sending your case number if you didn't have one previously (e.g. from an advisory opinion). Not 100% sure though.

People who didn't receive a hard copy - I have a feeling, based on anecdotal evidence, our common point might be that we applied while in the US and left while the case was in processing? Are there any counter-examples to this? I got my FR on May 4 and never got a hardcopy, and they are not replying to emails about this. I had to leave the country back in January because my previous visa expired (4 months after I applied for the waiver...)

3 hours ago, qwopqwop said:

I think the second envelope was for sending your case number if you didn't have one previously (e.g. from an advisory opinion). Not 100% sure though.

People who didn't receive a hard copy - I have a feeling, based on anecdotal evidence, our common point might be that we applied while in the US and left while the case was in processing? Are there any counter-examples to this? I got my FR on May 4 and never got a hardcopy, and they are not replying to emails about this. I had to leave the country back in January because my previous visa expired (4 months after I applied for the waiver...)

Just an FYI I'm too in the same situation, I never received any hardcopy from DoS and I did not receive the approval from USCIS. I moved from US because I could not file the i485 because I was waiting for the waiver.

Luckily, I received the notice with the case from USCIS. As such, I was able to see it approved on USCIS portal. I spent the last 6 months trying to get a duplicate of the approval. As a last resort I filed an i824 to get the duplicate. Sill waiting for USCIS to cash the check.

Let me know if/when the hard copy is needed during consular processing. Or other stories of people doing consular processing without the hard copy of the approval. 

Edited by WaiverFinder

Has anybody from mid-April or early May had any success in getting their case number? My FR was issued May 4 but USCIS can't find mine yet. It sounds like it takes about 30 days now, as opposed to 15 days, like it was for FRs issued early March. 

Last time I spoke with an Emma agent, they said they'd need to know which processing center it was sent to. Does anybody know? Screenshots posted here usually say "received at another USCIS office", which makes me think they don't send it to a processing center but to some other USCIS office. It's also concerning that some cases say "received in lockbox", since according to USCIS, applications received in lockboxes can take up to 90 days to be assigned a receipt and case number.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.