hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, mia7 said:

I tried 3 times today but I could not get it.. I'm going to try emma chat again tomorrow. Does anyone get the receipt number?

Update:

I tried Emma chat today's morning. Finally, they can track my receipt number.

And they just created my receipt number yesterday. Please guys with a similar timeline, try Emma chat today. 

image.png

3 hours ago, mia7 said:

Update:

I tried Emma chat today's morning. Finally, they can track my receipt number.

And they just created my receipt number yesterday. Please guys with a similar timeline, try Emma chat today. 

image.png

What did you ask on Emma chat? I don't even have a receipt number from USCIS so how can I use my DoS case number to check this information? 

20 minutes ago, dr.neil100 said:

I am in the same situation. Got FR on 03/31 but now I don't have receipt number to check status on USCIS. How did other get their receipt number?

I got my I-612 receipt number by calling on 800-375-5283. It was hard to get through the robot and talk to real person. After multiple attempts I managed. I said that "I did not receive any letter/NOA", "I don't have receipt number"

Representative said that they received my application yesterday. But honestly, I don't believe it. I suggest all interested candidate should be proactive. 

Hope this information is useful to the members.

Edited by dr.neil100

1 hour ago, dr.neil100 said:

I got my I-612 receipt number by calling on 800-375-5283. It was hard to get through the robot and talk to real person. After multiple attempts I managed. I said that "I did not receive any letter/NOA", "I don't have receipt number"

Representative said that they received my application yesterday. But honestly, I don't believe it. I suggest all interested candidate should be proactive. 

Hope this information is useful to the members.

Yes. It was really hard to get it. I tried multiple tries as well (+ try Emma chat in the morning (8 am est) not the afternoon). And they could get my number after 30 days since FR sent. Otherwise, they said to wait until 30 days. You and I are on the exact same timeline. please share if you have any updates later. After getting my receipt number I contacted the local congressman for a quick process today. hopefully, it would be helpful.. 

Edited by mia7

4 hours ago, BrunoJ1 said:

What did you ask on Emma chat? I don't even have a receipt number from USCIS so how can I use my DoS case number to check this information? 

Using USDOS case number, they cannot track. they asked for my First, Last name, date of birth, and mailing address. after passing 30 days since FR sent, they could track my number. 

Edited by mia7

21 hours ago, madovi said:

Does anyone have an update from DOS??? My documents were marked as received on March 22 but I am still waiting for a recommendation....

You have to wait - there are folks with documents received last year that haven't yet receivd a decision...

On 4/26/2022 at 11:47 AM, metehan said:

hello guys!

My FR was approved on 3/30 on the system, but I haven't received anything in the mail yet. it's been 26 days. I see in forum that most of the applicants receive a notice in mail latest in a week. I'm wondering if this is normal or I should be worried...I contacted USCIS bit was unsuccessful to get a receipt number as well.

Thank you all!

UPDATE

I was able to get my I-612 number today after FR on 3/30.

The status shows this thing, I don't know what that means - received from another office. But seems like it's working.

The problem is; USCIS agent told me that they have an out of country address on the system where they sent the notice via mail. It seems like DoS made a mistake and forwarded my home country address, even though I put a US address in the application and checked it as my preferred contact address. This is unfortunate and probably the reason why I haven't received the DoS letter yet.

I'm trying to fix this issue. Any input will be much appreciated

Note: Keep on working on Emma. It pays at the end.

Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 09.37.22.png

I sent my documents on December 28th, they seemed as received on March 28th. Even though my embassy sent them my NoS a couple times (March 10th and April 14th), and I got a reply from DoS that they received it but they said that I need to wait for it to be uploaded (it has been almost 6 weeks after this reply). I don't know what I should do. There are friends who sent their docs in March, and all seems received in 1 month including the NoS. Or they sent in February and they got their recommendation letter. 

I approached to a senator caseworker, she said that she didn't hear back from Waiver division, once she got a response she would let me know (3 weeks). I need to start my job in June, this is really insane. I'm frustrated guys. Sorry for the bad mood, but why is this happening to some of us? 

2 hours ago, pales said:

I sent my documents on December 28th, they seemed as received on March 28th. Even though my embassy sent them my NoS a couple times (March 10th and April 14th), and I got a reply from DoS that they received it but they said that I need to wait for it to be uploaded (it has been almost 6 weeks after this reply). I don't know what I should do. There are friends who sent their docs in March, and all seems received in 1 month including the NoS. Or they sent in February and they got their recommendation letter. 

I approached to a senator caseworker, she said that she didn't hear back from Waiver division, once she got a response she would let me know (3 weeks). I need to start my job in June, this is really insane. I'm frustrated guys. Sorry for the bad mood, but why is this happening to some of us? 

i sent documents at November 12 th , all my paperworks uploaded at March 23th , waiting for decision since, i know August applicant waiting for decision, so frustrating

448455358_ScreenShot2022-05-09at6_47_38AM.thumb.png.005ab6f13f59615fa526746b88616b99.png

Mine took exactly 16 weeks + 1 day after appearing on tracker (I sent it in mid-September; so total almost 8 months). It was supposed to be a simple case (no sponsor). I begged them multiple times, saying I was scheduled to start my H-1B job in February, but it didn't change anything. I have a strong feeling that the person answering emails (always the same two initials in the email signature) does not really check anything in the internal system (which I suspect is partially paper-based) because of the large inquiry volume; they just check the tracker like we do. Part of the reason why I think that is, we sent them a congressional inquiry the day before approval and got the generic reply ("WRD is working to process this case...").  

Now I'm trying to get them to make sure my I-612 has been sent to USCIS so that I can start in June. But this has absolutely destroyed my faith in all bureaucratic processes. We should be on the lookout for when they open public comments on DS-3035 or the WRD in general (I check regulations.gov regularly to see if they opened it)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.