J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, RVK said:

Got me FR too! Time line as follows:

Documents sent: August 10th

Documents updated: September 10th

NOS received: October 1st

FR posted: October 18th

looks like the lag is becoming lesser and slowly moving to the original timeline.

Good luck to all

Congrats! I sent documents on June 25 (updated on Aug 16) and NOS on July 5 (updated on Sep 5). Still pending. Not sure what is going on! It is so streessful. 

13 minutes ago, Chemres108 said:

Congrats! I sent documents on June 25 (updated on Aug 16) and NOS on July 5 (updated on Sep 5). Still pending. Not sure what is going on! It is so streessful. 

That is stressful! you might want to email 212ewaiver to see what's going on. I haven't done so but a friend did and the Waiver dept did respond back after 15 days with a status update. Good luck!

1 hour ago, RVK said:

That is stressful! you might want to email 212ewaiver to see what's going on. I haven't done so but a friend did and the Waiver dept did respond back after 15 days with a status update. Good luck!

I sent them 2 emails before and everytime they replied after changing the status (during the document received and NOS received times) and after 3 weeks. Let me try the same here (that may delay my FR for 3 weeks again!). Not sure why they treat different applications in different ways. 

13 hours ago, Chemres108 said:

I sent them 2 emails before and everytime they replied after changing the status (during the document received and NOS received times) and after 3 weeks. Let me try the same here (that may delay my FR for 3 weeks again!). Not sure why they treat different applications in different ways. 

Hey Chemres, I sent my package and embassy sent NOS both in late June, both shows "received" Aug 18 and 22. Still pending! So same boat as you, let me know how things go for you!

I have sent an application on july 13 and my embassy forward NOS around august 15,

the check for 120$ was cached out and the application still shows empty until now 

no documents was received until now. 

i sent two emails to 212ewaiver email they sending me that they didn't receive my application until this time. 

can anyone recommend me what to do ?  or someone is facing the same situation 

thanks 

31 minutes ago, mae3006@rit.edu said:

I have sent an application on july 13 and my embassy forward NOS around august 15,

the check for 120$ was cached out and the application still shows empty until now 

no documents was received until now. 

i sent two emails to 212ewaiver email they sending me that they didn't receive my application until this time. 

can anyone recommend me what to do ?  or someone is facing the same situation 

thanks 

Hi, 

It usually takes two months for the documents to show up on the website. I send my package in early June and they appeared on August 24. I contacted my congressman and worked with them on the issue. They finally found that DoS office in St. Louis lost my package and was not able to find any information (Money order was cashed out!). The congressman asked me to send 212ewaiver again my whole package and they showed up on August 24. Hope it helps.

3 minutes ago, StephanieAbc said:

Hi, 

It usually takes two months for the documents to show up on the website. I send my package in early June and they appeared on August 24. I contacted my congressman and worked with them on the issue. They finally found that DoS office in St. Louis lost my package and was not able to find any information (Money order was cashed out!). The congressman asked me to send 212ewaiver again my whole package and they showed up on August 24. Hope it helps.

so you had to sent the whole package including the money order again. 

I sent out the package on July 9 and the check was cashed out in July 13 

the home country sent NOS on Sep 11 

when I check my case using portal it doesn't show that DOS received any documents. 

Do you think I should resend my package again including the money order 

Thanks a lot 

1 minute ago, mae3006@rit.edu said:

so you had to sent the whole package including the money order again. 

I sent out the package on July 9 and the check was cashed out in July 13 

the home country sent NOS on Sep 11 

when I check my case using portal it doesn't show that DOS received any documents. 

Do you think I should resend my package again including the money order 

Thanks a lot 

Hi I resent the package because the congressman has been contacting the DoS and they finally found no information regarding my case. 8 weeks after i mailed the package, I got an email from 212e waiver saying that I need to send them again everything I mailed early June. I think it was because the congressman has been contacting them and follow the case, which made them realize that my package was lost...

I sent money order as well, but they returned it back because the first money has been cashed out and i emailed them the receipt.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.