hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Amoyar_Dever said:

That's amazing. Congrats.

I guess we are on the same timeline but I haven't received as of today. Could you please share your timeline, if possible?

Thank you! My sponsor is my University. I guess yours is NIH so there is an extra step. Hope you will get it soon. 

On 4/11/2022 at 4:12 PM, etcoflife said:
On 4/8/2022 at 5:56 PM, S9471 said:

for future reference, can you link to those cases? fulbright, as a matter of policy, always responds negatively to sponsor views (which are requested in us govt-sponsored programs).

see: https://www.kwvisalaw.com/temporary-visas/j-1-waivers/

if the waiver was granted for NOS, it must've been a really compelling case for why the participant would be more beneficial to remain in the US than go back to their home country. that's not at all common - you can probably count those folks on two hands globally.

Dude I dont want to sound rude ! Every case is different, accept that and move on !

LOL that's a nice way to not provide any proof to the contrary. you can sugarcoat things as much as you want, but the reality is that fulbright rejects NOS waivers in 99.9999% of the cases. i have zero investment in the asker's case, so my goal is to provide evidence to the fact that they might need to go an alternative route for their case and not waste time/money. no reason to create false hope. i recommend you do some research on fulbright and the program conditions.

14 hours ago, BrunoJ1 said:

So I contacted my congressman to try and expedite my case but the DoS refused saying that it can only be expedited in case of humanitarian need or US government interest. Any ideas on it?

as we mentioned multiple times in this thread - there is no way to expedite the case, your best bet is waiting. 

Hello all,

Surprisingly I just got the favorable recommendation and here is the timeline.

12/15: sent the application

02/22: NOS sent

04/15: got favorable recommendation.

Good luck to all!

Screen Shot 2022-04-17 at 12.03.36 PM.png

Edited by vinhtknguyen
Updated the image

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.