hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, asmacan said:

Thanks for your advise, i will ask them

i also learnt recently that my embassy sent the NOS to Waiver review division at Washington DC

Shouldn't it be sent to St-Louis , MO?

Does anybody have any experience like this

Do you know where did your embassy send your No Objection Statement?

Thanks

Every embassy sends waiver to waiver review division at DC only not to St. Louis. You can see that in your DS3035 also. 

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

I'm reaching out to see if anyone has had any experience with expediting their waiver review at the Department of State either on their own, or through a congressman.

My current DS2019 expires April 2nd 2022, and I am at my wit's end. Due to lab funding/project-related issues, I formally joined a collaborator's lab in July 2021, and started the J1 process with all updated documents (just to ensure I had all up-to-date documents and wouldn't run the risk of additional delays due to the new DS2019 signatures being needed). After long delays in getting my NORI documents from the three Indian govt orgs (if anyone wants to know I can outline these separately), I started stage 3 just before Christmas 2021. Before anyone comes for me, I am very aware of the ticking clock! 

Here's my timeline:

Application sent to DOS and CGI Houston: Dec 22 2021, received Dec 23 (USPS tracking)

NOC received from CGI: Jan 14 2022

No update on DOS website through January of February on any documents received.

Emails to DOS generated auto-responses about when I could expect to hear back, but no real response or update.

Reached out to my congressman's office on March 1, 2022. Their office called a contact at the Embassy and told me that they needed a copy of my No Objection certificate (march 3rd) which I sent to the congressman via email, and received their response that the NOC had been emailed to the DOS contact the same day.

I received an email from 212ewaiver on march 10 2022 stating that they had received my NOC certificate.

Documents finally updated on the DOS portal on March 15th 2022 with March 15th as date of receipt, but NOC is not shown:

image.thumb.png.18734f9c405c2e0ea9ee498b4a53e020.png

I spoke with the congressman's office on 3/17, and they mentioned that their contact had confirmed receipt of my NOC as well. 

Is there anyone with a similar timeline as mine? Anyone who has reached out to expedite their waiver review with a couple weeks left on their J1? I do have 30 days' grace, but needless to say this process has been nerve-wracking.

Thank you in advance, and sending prayers to all who are in limbo!

On 3/17/2022 at 8:58 AM, vinhtknguyen said:

Hello all,

This is my first post here. And here is my timeline.

+ Application delivered on Dec 15

+ Embassy sent NOS letter on Feb 22

+ Case info available online Mar 16, after 3 months.

However, the statement of reason is not there yet.

I am a postdoc at the NIH in a program managed by ORISE. 

So do you know if the sponsor view will be sent to ORISE or NIH?

I contacted my congressman office and they are willing to help. My H1B application with the NIH is waiting for the J waiver.

Do you know what they can help me?

Thanks a lot for the information shared by you guys, and good luck to all of us!

Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 11.51.15 AM.png

Hi, do you have the USCIS case for h1b already approved and waiting for the waiver for stamping? 

On 3/16/2022 at 8:56 AM, español1974 said:

Hello,

My documents were sent on November 11 and have appeared this Tuesday. Even so, the NOS from the Embassy of Spain is missing, which I sent on November 9 and February 9 by email.

It has little explanation and little sense everything.

Lots of strength and encouragement to all. We are still waiting for the FR.

image.thumb.png.ef14c506513557da956b9db450f17e38.png

I sent my documents also on November 11th and it appeared on the same as yours in the system. My NOS is not showing too. Did they updated yours? 

Edited by tub77

29 minutes ago, tub77 said:

I sent my documents also on November 11th and it appeared on the same as yours in the system. My NOS is not showing too. Did they updated yours? 

Hi @tub77

Yes, they have put my NOS dated March 13 and they made it appear on March 18. I sent an email to my embassy so that they could send it back, I don't know if it had something to do with it, but it appeared on Friday.

image.png.0b340aacc72eced50234a655b34314df.png

5 hours ago, asmacan said:

hello everyone

Is there anyone waiting for their cases be sent to Washington Dc from St Louis

After 4 months, i have see no update on my case status

My package was delivered around 23rd November 2021, and NOS was sent at 6tj of December

Hi, 

My documents reached St Louis on November 17th, no update as of now ... 

Posting my timeline here even though it was NOT favorable. I don’t mean to alarm anyone.

I knew I had very small chances with a No Objection Waiver being a Fulbright Scholar. I thought I had a really strong Statement of Purpose and support from my employer. I sent all the documents on March 15th 2021.

Does anyone know if there’s anything else I could do at this point?

Thanks and good luck to everyone. 

2BDFA887-DA2A-4CD4-8259-F2FFFBF92915.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Fictions said:

Posting my timeline here even though it was NOT favorable. I don’t mean to alarm anyone.

I knew I had very small chances with a No Objection Waiver being a Fulbright Scholar. I thought I had a really strong Statement of Purpose and support from my employer. I sent all the documents on March 15th 2021.

Does anyone know if there’s anything else I could do at this point?

Thanks and good luck to everyone. 

2BDFA887-DA2A-4CD4-8259-F2FFFBF92915.jpeg

I'm sorry to see this decision after so long waiting. Just curious- did you know whether your sponsor view was favorable or unfavorable?

What is that "support letter"?

Edited by Amoyar_Dever

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.