hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, lsflor said:

Hi all, this is my first post. 

I submitted my NOS pack on December 6th 2021 and my process is finally showing online. Date received shows as February 17th 2022. Passaporte page show as March 8th. Nothing is showing as missing (yay!). 

How long should I expect between now and a decision? 

Does your NOS also get updated?

My documents were sent at the end of October and NOS was sent November 22nd, but no updates.. 

48 minutes ago, qwerqwer said:

Does your NOS also get updated?

My documents were sent at the end of October and NOS was sent November 22nd, but no updates.. 

Hi, yes, surprisingly all docs are showing as received. Except the Passport page, all docs receive date are shown as February 17th. I was honestly only expecting something to show up online next month, based on the processing flow described by others. Was your NOS submitted online by your consulate or over email? Mine was submitted over email. 

Hello,

My documents were sent on November 11 and have appeared this Tuesday. Even so, the NOS from the Embassy of Spain is missing, which I sent on November 9 and February 9 by email.

It has little explanation and little sense everything.

Lots of strength and encouragement to all. We are still waiting for the FR.

image.thumb.png.ef14c506513557da956b9db450f17e38.png

Below is my update as of today, March 16, 2022

• Application package delivered to St. Louis- Oct 20, 2021
  • Application processing fee cashed- Oct 22, 2021
  • All documents, including NOS, marked as "received"- Feb 10, 2022 (YES, the update was on March 16, 2022 indicating that the documents were received on Feb 10, 2022).

My program is sponsored by NIH so hoping WRD would contact NIH soon for the sponsor views.

Edited by Amoyar_Dever

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Amoyar_Dever said:

• All documents, including NOS, marked as "received"- Feb 10, 2022 (YES, the update was on March 16, 2022 indicating that the documents were received on Feb 10, 2022).

My program is sponsored by NIH so hoping WRD would contact NIH soon for the sponsor views.

Don't expect to hear anything until June 10, 2022.

2 hours ago, Amoyar_Dever said:

Congratulations on the back date. I'm around the same time. Updated on 04 Mar with 03 Mar in the received column. Don't know if this is based on DS2019 expiry or something else.

Hi everyone, 

I had to contact the congressman on 10th March 2022 and received a reply from DoS on 15th March 2022 that they have not received the NoS from Indian Embassy Washington DC. Finally, after 6 month I saw an update on their system stating that they received my documents on 14th march 2022 (which is not true). I have contacted the Indian embassy Washington DC to please resend the copy of NoS to the DoS.

Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 1.09.02 PM.png

On 3/11/2022 at 1:34 PM, Fictions said:

This is very common. Documents take around 4-5 months to show up. It's extremely frustrating but there's nothing else we could do besides waiting unfortunately. :(

Hi everyone, 

I had to contact the congressman on 10th March 2022 and received a reply from DoS on 15th March 2022 that they have not received the NoS from Indian Embassy Washington DC. Finally, after 6 month I saw an update on their system stating that they received my documents on 14th march 2022 (which is not true). I have contacted the Indian embassy Washington DC to please resend the copy of NoS to the DoS.

Rims

1720408791_ScreenShot2022-03-16at1_09_02PM.thumb.png.e54118c6ff4311c28efef0a87d021687.png

Edited by Rimssk

Good to see many of October applicants got updated.

I think their policy is first-found first-out.

My friend who sent his documents early November already got FR, while I'm still waiting for updates.

So, don't calculate how many weeks you have spent, just hope they pick your documents.

Good luck

Hello all,

This is my first post here. And here is my timeline.

+ Application delivered on Dec 15

+ Embassy sent NOS letter on Feb 22

+ Case info available online Mar 16, after 3 months.

However, the statement of reason is not there yet.

I am a postdoc at the NIH in a program managed by ORISE. 

So do you know if the sponsor view will be sent to ORISE or NIH?

I contacted my congressman office and they are willing to help. My H1B application with the NIH is waiting for the J waiver.

Do you know what they can help me?

Thanks a lot for the information shared by you guys, and good luck to all of us!

Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 11.51.15 AM.png

NOS was sent at December 6th, but I'm not able to confirm that money order was checked out because of USPS system, money order check can be done for a certain time and i was not ware of it during those time

still getting this " “ Currently, there is no information regarding the status of your case. If you would like additional information, please contact Public Inquiries at 212ewaiver@state.gov" sign, frustration and anxiety grows, considering sending a second package but also afraid of that this will mess up everything

Does anybody send a second package for J1 waiver with same number? 

6 hours ago, asmacan said:

NOS was sent at December 6th, but I'm not able to confirm that money order was checked out because of USPS system, money order check can be done for a certain time and i was not ware of it during those time

still getting this " “ Currently, there is no information regarding the status of your case. If you would like additional information, please contact Public Inquiries at 212ewaiver@state.gov" sign, frustration and anxiety grows, considering sending a second package but also afraid of that this will mess up everything

Does anybody send a second package for J1 waiver with same number? 

Did you check about the money order by sending an email to : helpdeskaccounting-st.louis@usps.gov?

On 3/18/2022 at 4:53 PM, WGLKID said:

Did you check about the money order by sending an email to : helpdeskaccounting-st.louis@usps.gov?

Thanks for your advise, i will ask them

i also learnt recently that my embassy sent the NOS to Waiver review division at Washington DC

Shouldn't it be sent to St-Louis , MO?

Does anybody have any experience like this

Do you know where did your embassy send your No Objection Statement?

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.