hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Chemres108 said:

Keep patience. I know it is really stressful but we have no better options than to wait. You can contact your local congressman if you are in a very emergency situation. 

Does the date of package submission really matter? I sent the package on 06/11, but it took 10 weeks for DoS to receive it. I know other applicants who mailed the package in late July, but their case was already approved at USCIS...

23 hours ago, StephanieAbc said:

Does the date of package submission really matter? I sent the package on 06/11, but it took 10 weeks for DoS to receive it. I know other applicants who mailed the package in late July, but their case was already approved at USCIS...

It is hard to predict what exactly DOS is doing. But they mentioned in email that they are processing on the basis of the order they received the documents (the DOS update of document in the J1 waiver website is also very similar to the order people sent their application package but NOS receival is diiferent as it comes from different Embassy). What I observe from this website that DOS is following the order (with few exceptions) and people who sent their package to DOS in June would expect to recive the NOS by October (provided the NOS already recieved by DOS). Let us wait and hpe for the best!

4 minutes ago, Chemres108 said:

It is hard to predict what exactly DOS is doing. But they mentioned in email that they are processing on the basis of the order they received the documents (the DOS update of document in the J1 waiver website is also very similar to the order people sent their application package but NOS receival is diiferent as it comes from different Embassy). What I observe from this website that DOS is following the order (with few exceptions) and people who sent their package to DOS in June would expect to recive the NOS by October (provided the NOS already recieved by DOS). Let us wait and hpe for the best!

Thank you for your information.

Let's keep in touch and hope it will get approved soon.

On 10/8/2020 at 9:22 PM, Chemres108 said:

Hi, do you get anything updated?

On 10/8/2020 at 9:44 AM, buckethead said:

Nothing new yet... Just waiting :(

Hi, do you have any updates?

My timeline here:

Application package sent to the waiver office at St. Louis on June 9, money cashed on June 13,

NoS from my home country on June 30,

All documents (including NoS) showed up on the website on August 24 and 25 ,

FR sent on 10/14.

Hope it will get approved at the USCIS soon.

Thank you everyone for providing the information.

1 minute ago, Chemres108 said:

Great. Congrats! I sent the documents to DOS on June 25 (2 weeks after you). Hopefully I will get the FR in 2 weeks. Anyway, my prediction works for your case. Keep us updated on the next steps. 

You should get FR very soon.

I have gone through a lot of trouble before this, The DoS at St. Louis lost my package after cashing out my money order and I worked with both my congressman and the Senator's office to finally figure out what happened. Then I have to mail and emailed them my whole package again. It was so exhausting...

So, actually I spent 10 weeks to get my documents show up on the website, which should be 8 weeks maximally. I think your FR is around the corner to come...

22 hours ago, StephanieAbc said:

You should get FR very soon.

I have gone through a lot of trouble before this, The DoS at St. Louis lost my package after cashing out my money order and I worked with both my congressman and the Senator's office to finally figure out what happened. Then I have to mail and emailed them my whole package again. It was so exhausting...

So, actually I spent 10 weeks to get my documents show up on the website, which should be 8 weeks maximally. I think your FR is around the corner to come...

waiting for that!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.