hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
1 hour ago, SomeoneNamedIan said:

Yes. I will confirm with my lawyer, but this almost certainly means that DOS concluded that we are not subject to the 2yr home residency requirement.

I really hope you’re right! Hopefully I get the letter today. Do you think this has to be sent to USCIS for a final decision too?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 2/17/2022 at 2:47 PM, yoper13 said:

I got my FR on Jan 20, got the receipt notice in mail from USCIS on Feb 8 (received date of Jan 26, notice date of Feb 1), but nothing after that yet. Case is still pending.

FINAL UPDATE:

FINALLY case approved on USCIS website today. 

What a RELIEF! A long long journey finally came to an end. PHEW!

Good luck guys. Hang in there. Hustle on!

sc3.png

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, yoper13 said:

FINAL UPDATE:

FINALLY case approved on USCIS website today. 

What a RELIEF! A long long journey finally came to an end. PHEW!

Good luck guys. Hang in there. Hustle on!

sc3.png

Congratulations. 

How long does it take from getting approval by DoS to case approved by USCIS? 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Just now, Ola87 said:

Congratulations. 

How long does it take from getting approval by DoS to case approved by USCIS? 

Mine took just over a month - FR on Jan 20, USCIS approval Feb 25.

And from the other time lines I have seen here, it takes somewhere 3-5 weeks from DOS FR to USCIS approval.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just now, yoper13 said:

Mine took just over a month - FR on Jan 20, USCIS approval Feb 25.

And from the other time lines I have seen here, it takes somewhere 3-5 weeks from DOS FR to USCIS approval.

Thanks for the info. 

Dear Mr and Mrs,

I have a question that haunts me and I would like you to help me.
Start the application in November, of course, nothing appears on the DoS website but my query is about the I-612, on the USCIS page it talks about a fee of 930 dollars. I do not understand if we have to pay it at some point or with the 120 that we pay to the DoS, it sends the documentation of the Favorable Recommendation to the USCIS and we do not have to pay the 930$.

Thanks in advance.

On 2/26/2022 at 4:28 AM, español1974 said:

Dear Mr and Mrs,

I have a question that haunts me and I would like you to help me.
Start the application in November, of course, nothing appears on the DoS website but my query is about the I-612, on the USCIS page it talks about a fee of 930 dollars. I do not understand if we have to pay it at some point or with the 120 that we pay to the DoS, it sends the documentation of the Favorable Recommendation to the USCIS and we do not have to pay the 930$.

Thanks in advance.

Bottom Line Upfront, you will pay both $930 and $120.

If you are filing a Hardship Waiver you will be submitting two packages.  One package will go to USCIS which is the I-612 ($930) and its associated supporting documentation.  The second package will go to the Department of State (DoS) Waiver Review Division, which is the DS-3035 ($120) and its associated supporting documentation.

Cases will be opened at both USCIS and the DoS.  USCIS will begin their process and come to a conclusion whether or not there is a Hardship.  Once they make their decision they will forward the decision to the DoS for an advisory opinion.  You might ask, "how does the DoS know that the I-612/613 they receive from USCIS is for your case?"  When you print out the DS-3035 there will be two pages with barcodes.  The page that says "Third Party Barcode Page" needs to be sent to USCIS with the initial I-612 package.

If my process flow is wrong, please someone with more experience than me correct me!!

Process.thumb.PNG.ba9031f00e6d4f83e8ce83bb9ff57958.PNG

I hope this helps out.

October - update

So I just checked my status and I finally got an update (my documents were delivered to DoS on Oct. 15th 2021):

[February 28th 2022]

Except for the NOS, all documents are being displayed as received. The date on the system shows February 24th and 25th for some documents. 

35 minutes ago, BrunoJ1 said:

October - update

So I just checked my status and I finally got an update (my documents were delivered to DoS on Oct. 15th 2021):

[February 28th 2022]

Except for the NOS, all documents are being displayed as received. The date on the system shows February 24th and 25th for some documents. 

My documents were delivered a week after you. Hopefully, I will see an update in couple of weeks. 

1 hour ago, BrunoJ1 said:

October - update

[February 28th 2022]

Good luck! I'm trying to understand if this update actually happened on Fri. Have you checked the status on Fri? If it has updated today- it means, the updates are coming even on Monday- contrary to general assumption on Wed/Fri.

Thanks

On 2/27/2022 at 7:49 AM, español1974 said:

@Clock Ticking now I am left with even more doubts... it is very well explained and detailed but I did not know that it was like that for US. I am tremendously confused.

You need to explain what you are doing. what kind of waiver did you submit!? what documents did you send

4 hours ago, WGLKID said:

Good luck! I'm trying to understand if this update actually happened on Fri. Have you checked the status on Fri? If it has updated today- it means, the updates are coming even on Monday- contrary to general assumption on Wed/Fri.

Thanks

There were no updates on Saturday when I checked. So, the case was updated today (Monday).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.