hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, taycan said:

Yes,

The last NOS was sent on December 7th and I think it was after 2 weeks that my progress has been updated. 

But I don't even know it was because of that, because it shows the NOS was received on October 7th. Probably, they took the first one as basis.

So sorry they lost your first NOS 😕 

Did you try contacting a congressman? 

Not yet, but I'm planning to contact one soon, I am just not sure if they can help me before I have all my documents uploaded on their page?

DOS actually responded to my email today (sent on November 15th), and it seems like they still don't have my NOS, but this time they sent me their fax information so I will try that before I contact a congressman :) 

Hey all,

Wanted to see if anyone else has any idea how long sponsor views have been taking (or any tips, I emailed DoS WRD today and the Education and Cultural Affairs Bureau who I believe was the US sponsor for my wife (also DoS)). We were waiting so long for this to get approved that our pending Green Card interview came and went, and we were denied for not having a waiver. Now we are at our wit's end because a re-application is riding on a favorable recommendation. Here is our current status:

image.thumb.png.bafeb4e14d5c61319cb5ba304705be09.png

8 hours ago, Todd B said:

Hey all,

Wanted to see if anyone else has any idea how long sponsor views have been taking (or any tips, I emailed DoS WRD today and the Education and Cultural Affairs Bureau who I believe was the US sponsor for my wife (also DoS)). We were waiting so long for this to get approved that our pending Green Card interview came and went, and we were denied for not having a waiver. Now we are at our wit's end because a re-application is riding on a favorable recommendation. Here is our current status:

Sent you a personal text, please check

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
10 hours ago, Todd B said:

Hey all,

Contact the sponsor. I emailed my sponsor immediately and they said they responded to DoS the same day. It took 10 days after DoS acknowledged the response from sponsor views.

11 hours ago, Todd B said:

Hey all,

Why didnt you contacted DOS before that you need FR before interview?

16 hours ago, WGLKID said:

@Amoyar_Dever @etcoflife

Did you guys try sending emails or contacted congressman? Any strategies to deal with our current situation?

I emailed the 212 address on Jan 6. No response so far. 

Not even a first update (documents received) as of now.
We are couple of days earlier than @etcoflife. As per his/her timeline we should have update by now. 
DoS says they process cases on first in- first out basis. But I don't hink that's true. They are not following their own publicly posted timelines. My employer is waiting for this stupid waiver thing so that they can process H1B. Don't know how long it's going to take. 

We should expect to see the update this or next week as per @palvi07 timeline (fingers crossed!)

Edited by Amoyar_Dever

2 hours ago, Amoyar_Dever said:

Not even a first update (documents received) as of now.
We are couple of days earlier than @etcoflife. As per his/her timeline we should have update by now. 
DoS says they process cases on first in- first out basis. But I don't hink that's true. They are not following their own publicly posted timelines. My employer is waiting for this stupid waiver thing so that they can process H1B. Don't know how long it's going to take. 

We should expect to see the update this or next week as per @palvi07 timeline (fingers crossed!)

Any attempts to contact congressman at this stage?

3 hours ago, vabhi6 said:

Contact the sponsor. I emailed my sponsor immediately and they said they responded to DoS the same day. It took 10 days after DoS acknowledged the response from sponsor views.

Thanks for the advice! I actually tried to contact who I thought the sponsor was yesterday. My wife is the one immigrating and my understanding is that she was sponsored by the DoS subdivision called the "Educational and Cultural Affairs Bureau." They got back to me today and referred me back to the Waiver Reviews Division, so either they are not the right folks or they can't help. 

Can I ask how you tracked down your sponsor's contact information, was it the government funding organization or the private organization that enabled your exchange?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.