hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

On 9/28/2020 at 4:17 PM, BaiLong said:

Over the weekend I received a copy of the recommendation letter that the DoS sent to the USCIS. It doesn't bare any new information. I hope I'll get something from the USCIS soon to track the further progress.

Hi BaiLong

I have received DOS FR on Sep 23 but nothing else from DOS or USCIS. Do you know the time line when i should be calling USCIS to get the case number ? 

appreciate your response. 

3 hours ago, Malik1979 said:

Hi BaiLong

I have received DOS FR on Sep 23 but nothing else from DOS or USCIS. Do you know the time line when i should be calling USCIS to get the case number ? 

appreciate your response. 

Could you please share your timeline? The people who did not get the FR yet can make an estimate. Thanks!

On 9/28/2020 at 7:17 PM, BaiLong said:

Over the weekend I received a copy of the recommendation letter that the DoS sent to the USCIS. It doesn't bare any new information. I hope I'll get something from the USCIS soon to track the further progress.

Great! Would it not be suffecient to apply for AOS to USCIS? or you need the USCIS i797 in hand before applying?

17 hours ago, Chemres108 said:

Could you please share your timeline? The people who did not get the FR yet can make an estimate. Thanks!

Hi 

Sent documents  -23 Jan

Embassy sent NOS - 15 Aug  ( Delay due to COVID 19 ) 

updated on dos website - 23 Aug

FR by DOS -23 Sep 

Neither DOS hardcopy nor USCIS receipt received still 

I think I'm finally done! 
The USCIS website still only shows the receipt of the application, not the approval... So I remain cautiously optimistic for now.

My timeline:

Application packet was sent to DOS:                                                                  May 22nd 2020

Check was cashed:                                                                                                June 1st 2020

DOS updated status – Documents received:                                                     August 4th 2020

Application packet was sent to German Embassy:                                          May 22nd 2020

German Embassy requested additional documents:                                       June 8th 2020

Sending additional documents to German Embassy:                                      June 9th 2020

German Embassy sent NOS by mail:                                                                  June 22nd 2020

DOS updated status – Documents received:                                                    August 5th 2020

DOS updated status - Favorable Recommendation Sent                                September 17th, 2020

Hard copy of Favorable Recommendation received                                        September 24th, 2020

USCIS I612 Application Receipt Notice (I-797C)                                              Notice Date: September 24th, 2020                  Received: September 30th, 2020

USCIS I612 Application Approval Notice (I-797)                                              Notice Date: October 1st, 2020                          Received: October 6th, 2020

I'll let you know if there is any new developments.
In case I do not return here, I wish y'all good luck!!

On 10/2/2020 at 9:07 AM, Chemres108 said:

Great! Would it not be suffecient to apply for AOS to USCIS? or you need the USCIS i797 in hand before applying?

You need the I-797 in hand to apply for AoS or any other kind of visa. 

The DoS only checks all your documents and credentials and forwards the application with a recommendation to the USCIS, who then will make their own assessment and the final decision.

21 minutes ago, BaiLong said:

I think I'm finally done! 
The USCIS website still only shows the receipt of the application, not the approval... So I remain cautiously optimistic for now.

My timeline:

Application packet was sent to DOS:                                                                  May 22nd 2020

Check was cashed:                                                                                                June 1st 2020

DOS updated status – Documents received:                                                     August 4th 2020

Application packet was sent to German Embassy:                                          May 22nd 2020

German Embassy requested additional documents:                                       June 8th 2020

Sending additional documents to German Embassy:                                      June 9th 2020

German Embassy sent NOS by mail:                                                                  June 22nd 2020

DOS updated status – Documents received:                                                    August 5th 2020

DOS updated status - Favorable Recommendation Sent                                September 17th, 2020

Hard copy of Favorable Recommendation received                                        September 24th, 2020

USCIS I612 Application Receipt Notice (I-797C)                                              Notice Date: September 24th, 2020                  Received: September 30th, 2020

USCIS I612 Application Approval Notice (I-797)                                              Notice Date: October 1st, 2020                          Received: October 6th, 2020

I'll let you know if there is any new developments.
In case I do not return here, I wish y'all good luck!!

What this "USCIS I612 Application Receipt Notice (I-797C) " sent via e-mail or did you use a portal? I received a Hard Copy of FR today and I am just curious of the next steps and how to follow-up on my case

26 minutes ago, habibti said:

What this "USCIS I612 Application Receipt Notice (I-797C) " sent via e-mail or did you use a portal? I received a Hard Copy of FR today and I am just curious of the next steps and how to follow-up on my case

The USCIS documents were both hard copies (therefore the notice and received dates). Once I got the FR it took about 1 week until I got the I-797C in the mail and was able track the case on the USCIS website with the case number on there (even though the case is still not updated there).

5 minutes ago, BaiLong said:

The USCIS documents were both hard copies (therefore the notice and received dates). Once I got the FR it took about 1 week until I got the I-797C in the mail and was able track the case on the USCIS website with the case number on there (even though the case is still not updated there).

Ah great! Given that I just received a hard copy of the FR (from the waiver Review Division), I guess its safe to estimate that I should be receiving I-797C in the mail soon! Thanks for sharing your timeline! Really helpful

2 minutes ago, StephanieAbc said:

Hi all,

I mailed the package early June and DoS website received all the documents on August 24 and 25. But the status is still showing pending right now. 

How long it normally takes for FR to be sent? I am feeling anxious....

Thank you!

You should expect it very soon. People sent the package at the end of May got FR around late September (based on this website).

Keep us posted on your timeline. There are other people waiting for the FR, who sent the documents after you (I sent the package on June 25, still showing pending), can have the estimate.

1 minute ago, Chemres108 said:

You should expect it very soon. People sent the package at the end of May got FR around late September (based on this website).

Keep us posted on your timeline. There are other people waiting for the FR, who sent the documents after you (I sent the package on June 25, still showing pending), can have the estimate.

Sure!

I have been contacting 212ewaiver and my attorney, they continously say that the 12-16w is needed for FR to be sent, which makes me anxious...

Just now, StephanieAbc said:

Sure!

I have been contacting 212ewaiver and my attorney, they continously say that the 12-16w is needed for FR to be sent, which makes me anxious...

Keep patience. I know it is really stressful but we have no better options than to wait. You can contact your local congressman if you are in a very emergency situation. 

20 minutes ago, Chemres108 said:

Keep patience. I know it is really stressful but we have no better options than to wait. You can contact your local congressman if you are in a very emergency situation. 

I have been working with local congressman and senator's office...

DoS actually lost my application package and they helped me to figure it out... Lol

But at this point, they have done all they can.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.