hharry16

J1 waiver 2020 NOS update timeline

2,014 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, MariTH said:

I actually just got an update in the system saying they have received my paperwork. Looking at your timeline, did they update the system with the "No Objection Statement" 5 days after your other documents were marked received or did they backtrack the date?

16 weeks, wow. Have you emailed them and asked for an update?

The NOS was updated about a week after the first batch of documents were marked as received online. 

My husband (US citizen) reached out to a congressman. They asked us to wait the 16 weeks but now that this milestone has passed they submitted an inquiry. I’m waiting for an answer 🤞🏻

20 minutes ago, cherp said:

For those that received the waiver, does it come on any special envelope? 

I just moved and dont think I have time to update the DOS in time before they send the docs. Im afraid USPS may not forward it ..

Fill the change of address form and mail through USPS as officially needed, at the same time also email 212ewaiver@state.gov and have your subject line change of address, they will immediately update it.

11 hours ago, OKF said:

Fill the change of address form and mail through USPS as officially needed, at the same time also email 212ewaiver@state.gov and have your subject line change of address, they will immediately update it.

Thanks for the reassuring reply.

Would I see this update on the website as if they had received a document?

22 hours ago, Cris Santos said:

The NOS was updated about a week after the first batch of documents were marked as received online. 

My husband (US citizen) reached out to a congressman. They asked us to wait the 16 weeks but now that this milestone has passed they submitted an inquiry. I’m waiting for an answer 🤞🏻

did you received any answer?

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ari.7 said:

Anything yet? Its been 10 weeks for me, still no update. Very worried!

Nothing yet. Sent an email to them and was told to wait 12 weeks from the time it got to Saint Louis .

21 hours ago, Ari.7 said:

Anything yet? Its been 10 weeks for me, still no update. Very worried!

10 weeks for me too, and no update on the website yet. I am now concerned if my package was delivered at the right place. UPS tracking says "Delivered" at the building in MO on July 16, left at DOCK and signed by PATTERSON. Wasn't the package supposed to be left in a lockbox?

2 hours ago, darius8 said:

10 weeks for me too, and no update on the website yet. I am now concerned if my package was delivered at the right place. UPS tracking says "Delivered" at the building in MO on July 16, left at DOCK and signed by PATTERSON. Wasn't the package supposed to be left in a lockbox?

My package was signed too. If you sent a money order you can check if they cashed it and then you will know they have your paperwork. I just got an update in the system and I waited over 12 weeks.

2 minutes ago, MariTH said:

My package was signed too. If you sent a money order you can check if they cashed it and then you will know they have your paperwork. I just got an update in the system and I waited over 12 weeks.

@MariTH

Thank you! I contacted my bank for my cashier check status, and they said it had been cashed. Thank goodness!!! Now I can continue this waiting game with a peace of mind that my package was properly delivered, maybe for 2 more weeks to match your timeline. I hope you will hear some good news soon.

Hey,

Im not sure if its worrying to much but I just realized I forgot to mention a small visit I made to the us in 2014 using an esta in the question:

Explanation for any period of time in the U.S. not covered DS-2019 or IAP-66 form.

I wonder if that is what might be causing my delays and if there's anything I can do about it now...

23 hours ago, darius8 said:

Mine got delivered July 15, signed by FRYE. Since, our packages reached on the same time, please let me know if you get an update in their website, will get an idea. 

13 hours ago, Ari.7 said:

Mine got delivered July 15, signed by FRYE. Since, our packages reached on the same time, please let me know if you get an update in their website, will get an idea. 

I will! It looks like they haven't updated on the website any application delivered on or after July 15 yet. I am so glad to have found this forum to mitigate my worries about the delivery status. Let's post here any update so we can adjust our expectations.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.