TBoneTX

All Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 6

852 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Okwu Samuel said:

What a long journey

Are you at NVC now? I take it the RFE went okay. Unfortunately now comes the wait at NVC and the wait for Lagos embassy to open. Congratulations! Best of luck going forward.

50 minutes ago, Lara&Gabriel said:

After we received approval of noa2 we waited 1 week before we saw that they sent our packet to dos then at dos we waited 2 weeks before we called and emailed them saying that its been 2 weeks already since uscis sent our packet and asked how long should we wait agent said that we dont have email address attached in ceac account agent added both of our emails then ,the next day we received our invoice number already.

Best tip: ONLY WAIT 2 WEEKS CALL AND EMAIL THEM FOR FOLLOW UP thats what we did now we are just waiting for interview date.

We got approved 4th July and on 5th July the status on uscis account changed to case sent to department of state. It’s been almost 3 weeks now and we still haven’t heard anything from NVC 

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
6 hours ago, Okwu Samuel said:

I just received the approval notice on my case tracker this evening 

Congratulations :joy:

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
On 6/23/2020 at 8:25 PM, Keld said:

So I called NVC because I couldn't get to a human calling USCIS. NVC told me to call back in a few days after the 45 day mark and they can help me then. I got the I-797 form and it states that USCIS sent my form to NVC but I don't see anything on USCIS website saying anything about it being sent, it just says I was approved and case is closed.

On this website, what does ur case status day? https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do Usually if it's send, there it's mentioned file was sent to NVC on such and such date. 

I had the same deal, they can't do anything until the 45 day mark is passed, after which I will have to email acceptance letter to some email. Sending that email now would be futile too because it's within 45 days timeframe. This is just depressing, for all we know USCIS could've forgot check a box or sth during transfer and we are paying for their mistake. Can't do anything but wait couple weeks more. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I just noticed that the Nebraska processing times have been reduced by a few months. I hope this will speed up our applications. They are now at 10.5 months to 13.5 months for US citizen filing for spouse, parent or child under 21. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
On 6/24/2020 at 11:05 AM, MarcieYG said:

Hello,

Due to the income tax filing extension I am filing my 2019 taxes this week.  My husband is not in the US.  We are in the NVC stage right now.  My accountant said that since he is not in the US we cannot get an ITIN or SSN yet.  Has anyone filed Married Filing Separately without an ITIN for their foreign spouse?  Accountant said he needs to have one.  I thought I read in other threads I could leave that blank and provide a letter of explanation why there is no ITIN or SSN.  Is that true? Much appreciated!!

I've filled for years like this. You file married filing separately and for your spouse's ssn you write NRA which means non resident alien.

It's true that your spouse will not receive his ssn until he's physically in the US. They mail it to you after going through immigration at the port of entry. 

USCIS Stage:

• Nov 12 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • Dec 17 2019: I-129f Received
  • May 15 2020: I-130 Approved!

NVC Stage:

• May 16 2020: Case Created
  • May 16 2020: Fees Paid
  • May 22 2020: Sent IV & AOS Packages
  • May 29 2020: Request for more documents (proof of assets)
  • May 30 2020: Resubmitted NVC documents
  • June 15, 2020: DQ'd! 

Hello everybody, today we got our approval notice for I-130. I can't explain how thankful I am for the information and help I got from this forum. I'm sure I'll need more in the next stages too. I'm writing my timeline below in case it helps anyone. All the best for everyone who are still waiting, it's coming soon ❤️

Our timeline:

PD - 8/30/2019

NOA1 from Nebraska - 9/5/2019

Transfer to Vermont - 2/23/2020

Date changes: 4/22, 4/23, 5/20

NO2 - 6/25/2020 (I noted today's date change in the morning but there was no notice, 1 hour ago I received an email that it was approved and found the NOA2 in the document section with case closed written above the date) 

Our I-129F PD is 9/17/2019 and it's still showing received. I requested 2 inquiries this month for our I-130 (6/3/2020 - phone and 6/5/2020 e-request for outside normal processing). Both had responses like we are working on your case and can't say a timeframe. I also placed an outside normal processing for my I-129F on 6/16/2020 but didn't receive a response yet.

Thank you again and good luck guys ❤️

12 hours ago, hscoots said:

On this website, what does ur case status day? https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do Usually if it's send, there it's mentioned file was sent to NVC on such and such date. 

I had the same deal, they can't do anything until the 45 day mark is passed, after which I will have to email acceptance letter to some email. Sending that email now would be futile too because it's within 45 days timeframe. This is just depressing, for all we know USCIS could've forgot check a box or sth during transfer and we are paying for their mistake. Can't do anything but wait couple weeks more. 

This is what it says on USCIS website

Screenshot_20200625-192646.png

On 6/25/2020 at 3:27 AM, Alexwatts said:

We talked to nvc twice and they dont have our case yet. We called uscis twice too and they just said our case is where its supposed to be so we re gonna ask for a tier 2 tomorrow or saturday cause you need a day off for that

Download case tracker of uscis so you would know right away the status of your case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lara&Gabriel said:

Download case tracker of uscis so you would know right away the status of your case.

I have it and you can check that everyday on uscis website anyway thats ehat the problem is, that it doesnt say it was sent after 7 weeks and 3 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.