2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 hours ago, Touchdsky said:

@sandranjI also have copies of when we bought the house, my ex-husband asked me to sign a quitclaim on the property. Would it be a strong evidence of good faith marriage?

Having a property together does not necessary means that you entered into marriage in good faith, but it will help a little bit the case.

Timeline
17 hours ago, Touchdsky said:

@sandranjthank you for your advice. The wedding was intimate and only my family and his one close friend. I cannot ask affidavit from his friend, its his friend. I do have documents as evidence that we live together, car insurance, 4 cars on both of our names on tittle, mail letters, health insurance, tickets of disneyland, joint bank accts. Do pictures include like wedding and getaway? I am also attending counseling in one non profit organization for all domestic violence victims. Would it be like bias to Uscis if my son is one of the affidavit of the abuse?

Your son can give you an affidavit, but don't you have a single friend(your friend) that can give you an affidavit about good faith marriage?

Timeline
3 hours ago, MonkeyKoala said:

Hello everyone! Hope your all safe and process is moving along. Iv been a silent reader for a while and appreciate all the info I’ve found here. So I sent in my VAWA application in March and was returned to me because my fee waiver application was denied (hard to prove low income when I don’t have a job) I did some research online and is it correct that if I-485, I-765 and I-131 is filed concurrently, I only need to pay the fees for I-485 ($1,140)? Thanks in advance! 

You have to pay $1,225.Did you submit a copy of your bank statement showing you don't have money to pay the fees?

41 minutes ago, sandranj said:

You have to pay $1,225.Did you submit a copy of your bank statement showing you don't have money to pay the fees?

Hi Sandra! Yeah I attached multiple months showing my balance. It’s really the only way I could prove my finances. I also attached a statement stating my situation with not having worked since I’ve been here and what expenses I have. The notice requestor said I needed evidence like tax return, w2 or means tested benefits etc. I’m super low on cash but thinking of just paying it to not delay the case any further

19 hours ago, You will succeed said:

Hi @hopingwgrace,

I agree with everyone here recommending you to submit another counselling report and affidavits. 

what had you already submitted to prove the abuse?

A one page letter from my Counselor describing my Diagnosis and what was happening it was very brief.

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
25 minutes ago, mazi said:

Hi everyone, 

good day to you. 

I filed for VAWA JULY  2017, 

I got an RFP for January 23,2020

RFP to establish eligibility good faith based marriage, good Moral character and proof of residence. 

good faith based marriage, good Moral character and proof of residence. 

I checked my status yesterday and it was card was delivered by mail. picking up the card from my attorneys place.

I want to thank @Stillwinning!!!😊   @sandranj  @DmytriiD thank you very much. at some point i felt i was a pest to stillwining and Sandra.

the category of the work permit is c31

My attorney says he has to receive the notice of approval before he can put in my green card application . @sandranj please does the Work permit C31 means Vawa ia approved ?(because reading from the forum that is what I understand ). Kindly advice please 

I wish everyone on this forum all the best and i do hope we all get approved be it on Vawa, work permit, green card and citizenship.

above all Prayer and putting trust in God the Almighty is the most important . 

do have a blessed day 

Congratulations @mazi god as blessed you he got you always

1 hour ago, mazi said:

Hi everyone, 

good day to you. 

I filed for VAWA JULY  2017, 

I got an RFP for January 23,2020

RFP to establish eligibility good faith based marriage, good Moral character and proof of residence. 

good faith based marriage, good Moral character and proof of residence. 

I checked my status yesterday and it was card was delivered by mail. picking up the card from my attorneys place.

I want to thank @Stillwinning!!!😊   @sandranj  @DmytriiD thank you very much. at some point i felt i was a pest to stillwining and Sandra.

the category of the work permit is c31

My attorney says he has to receive the notice of approval before he can put in my green card application . @sandranj please does the Work permit C31 means Vawa ia approved ?(because reading from the forum that is what I understand ). Kindly advice please 

I wish everyone on this forum all the best and i do hope we all get approved be it on Vawa, work permit, green card and citizenship.

above all Prayer and putting trust in God the Almighty is the most important . 

do have a blessed day 

Wow! Thank God for this! Congratulations dear! I pray everyone still waiting get their good news speedily AMEN!🙏🌟🙌🇺🇸😊

Just now, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Wow! Thank God for this! Congratulations dear! I pray everyone still waiting get their good news speedily AMEN!🙏🌟🙌🇺🇸😊

oh my dear @Stillwinning!!!😊 you made me strong. you know my story. Thank you for being a beacon of hope. you kept telling me trust God and pray. Thank you again. Please check your inbox

3 minutes ago, mazi said:

Great God. I bow in awe of him. My RFE scared me. so how long will the attorney get the approval notice as he says he will not put in the green card application.thank you dear 

So thrilled for you. Thank God. HE never ever fails for those still waiting, trust HIM!🙏🙌😊 ok so for the approval notice lets see what happens in the next 30-60days. Will check inbox ASAP👍

2 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

So thrilled for you. Thank God. HE never ever fails for those still waiting, trust HIM!🙏🙌😊 ok so for the approval notice lets see what happens in the next 30-60days. Will check inbox ASAP👍

amen. I pray everyone waiting expectantly will all be approved. Ok on the approval notice.thanks dear 

Timeline
On 4/27/2020 at 10:38 PM, Ziongirl said:

Do not be disgusted or unhappy,  you just filled last year, can you imagine there are people who applied in 2018 and they are still waiting on God for the right time? Army you can get into it until you are 39yrs. So no need of getting troubled. This might be hard but the only reality, wait and patience! Prayer and faith! Until then keep yourself busy with the job.

By the way you can only get in the army with a GC, so I believe you will cross that bridge and get in the army and serve this great country. 

The army has raised the enlistment age  to 42.He has his whole life ahead.There are people who filed VAWA in March, April 2018 and USCIS didn't adjudicated the VAWA yet.

Edited by sandranj

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.