2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

@sandranjthank you for your advice. The wedding was intimate and only my family and his one close friend. I cannot ask affidavit from his friend, its his friend. I do have documents as evidence that we live together, car insurance, 4 cars on both of our names on tittle, mail letters, health insurance, tickets of disneyland, joint bank accts. Do pictures include like wedding and getaway? I am also attending counseling in one non profit organization for all domestic violence victims. Would it be like bias to Uscis if my son is one of the affidavit of the abuse?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, Shroy123 said:

I guess i should inquire my congress person again. After submitting a response to rfe on my i485, i didn’t receive a courtesy letter yet

What do you mean RFE for I485? Remind me when was your I360 approved?

3 hours ago, Boris Britva said:

Congrats!!! It took 3 months for you so I hope I am next lol Did your status changed on their website?

Thanks. No, my I485 online status is pretty much same since December 2017 - form received.

Hello everyone! Hope your all safe and process is moving along. Iv been a silent reader for a while and appreciate all the info I’ve found here. So I sent in my VAWA application in March and was returned to me because my fee waiver application was denied (hard to prove low income when I don’t have a job) I did some research online and is it correct that if I-485, I-765 and I-131 is filed concurrently, I only need to pay the fees for I-485 ($1,140)? Thanks in advance! 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, MonkeyKoala said:

Hello everyone! Hope your all safe and process is moving along. Iv been a silent reader for a while and appreciate all the info I’ve found here. So I sent in my VAWA application in March and was returned to me because my fee waiver application was denied (hard to prove low income when I don’t have a job) I did some research online and is it correct that if I-485, I-765 and I-131 is filed concurrently, I only need to pay the fees for I-485 ($1,140)? Thanks in advance! 

Hi there. Yes, I filed I485, I765, I131, and I360 all together, only had to pay fees for I485 $1,225. Not sure if this amount has changed since I filed in December 2017.

10 minutes ago, Engineering-rocks said:

Hi there. Yes, I filed I485, I765, I131, and I360 all together, only had to pay fees for I485 $1,225. Not sure if this amount has changed since I filed in December 2017.

Thank you so much for your reply! That’s such a relief to know, I somehow thought I would had to pay more than $2250 total but that amount is totally doable! Yay!😊 (will double check current fee for 2020)

Hi everyone!!! Hope you guys are safe!

I need some advice....I had my AOS interview scheduled mid April... medicals done right before lockdown, when I got the notice... but by the time I might get the rescheduled Medicals will be expired ☹️
I am thinking to mail it with a cover letter... but I am not sure if mail it to Vermont or to my officer... 

@sandranj @Stillwinning!!!😊 @TBoneTXeveryone???

Stay safe!!!

13 hours ago, Engineering-rocks said:

What do you mean RFE for I485? Remind me when was your I360 approved?

Thanks. No, my I485 online status is pretty much same since December 2017 - form received.

the RFE was for birth certificate. they received it too months ago still no courtesy letter . Vawa approved in Nov 2019

Edited by Shroy123

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

the RFE was for birth certificate. they received it too months ago still no courtesy letter . Vawa approved in Nov 2019

Oh I see, I didn't know they would actually send an RFE for it. Cause the courtesy letter says they need a medical form from me, but asks not to mail it until further notice on my I485. Something as simple as a birth certificate should be reviewed pretty quickly, hope the congressman can help to find out.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello sandra i have a question for u in 2016 i applied asylum and then i got married in 2018 but my husband never petitioned me so after all the abuse and everything after his threat of deporting me i decided to apply vawa now can they deny my vawa because i already have asylum case pending will that b a problem in my vawa case because if my vawa is approved i wana go home to see my mom if i widraw my case from asylum n my vawa isn’t approved i will get deported so with all this fear in my mind i decided not to widraw my asylum case n just apply vawa but i m looking for any help from you on this matter plz.

13 hours ago, Engineering-rocks said:

Well it looks like some kind of glitch with updates on their website

51 minutes ago, NeverGiveUp Nov17 said:

Hi everyone!!! Hope you guys are safe!

I need some advice....I had my AOS interview scheduled mid April... medicals done right before lockdown, when I got the notice... but by the time I might get the rescheduled Medicals will be expired ☹️
I am thinking to mail it with a cover letter... but I am not sure if mail it to Vermont or to my officer... 

@sandranj @Stillwinning!!!😊 @TBoneTXeveryone???

Stay safe!!!

Don't do it! Don't mail it..you're supposed to take it with you to the interview! Are you in NYC? I don't know how it works anyplace else but we're required to bring it to the interview out here...also if your medicals expire before you're scheduled, the civil surgeon can update it probably for a small fee ( I was offered this but it didn't come to that thankfully) ask them if this can be done for you incase...This is my opinion and contribution dear! 😊👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.