2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 4/24/2020 at 4:59 PM, Precious100 said:

@ Modu, tnk u dear. I did . I submitted it at first when I submitted my 360 and even attached it now i just sent my 485.  What do you think I should do. I hope that doesn't mean they rejected my case please. 

My previous 485 was denied because my ex-husband refused to go with me to interview. He wanted me deported.

Do I attach the previous 485 receipt and  resend it again ? or what other poofs can i use to show he's a US citizen

You need to submit the receipt notice from you I-360 to prove you have a pending application that supports them adjudicating your I-485.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Other Timeline
On 4/22/2020 at 2:27 PM, ponak98 said:

Thank you so much. Yes I was married to US citizen but now divorced. Vawa is still in process. Does it apply that I am still an immediate family?

Hi @sandranj hope all is going well. Would you think my case is still immediate family? I applied for Vawa during divorce and finished divorce last year. Please stay safe.

3 hours ago, Shroy123 said:

Thanks.. they scheduled it for April 30th finally 

congrats i checked again and still says;

Payment Status Not Available

According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time.

And i have already filed my taxes for this year and received my direct deposit from the income taxes, still nervous if i will even get a stimulus check ? 

Is anyone else have the same issue ?

1 hour ago, Apolo said:

According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time.

And i have already filed my taxes for this year and received my direct deposit from the income taxes, still nervous if i will even get a stimulus check ? 

Same here but i did not file for 2019 because i made less than 10k

4 hours ago, Apolo said:

I saw people received checks while getting this message so hold on.. it might come soon otherwise wait till irs gets open

Hello everyone is it possible to file a divorce on my own without a lawyer?as I limited with budget and how do I go about it when I totally have no contact with my ex at all. I don't know where he is at anymore and he doesn't know where I am at as well and I want it to stay that way. 

To those who did it on their own, please share your experience.  Thank you 

51 minutes ago, cindy122808 said:

Hello everyone is it possible to file a divorce on my own without a lawyer?as I limited with budget and how do I go about it when I totally have no contact with my ex at all. I don't know where he is at anymore and he doesn't know where I am at as well and I want it to stay that way. 

My advice is, go to the court house and get some information there. If you have no kids and no house together (that you bought) should be a simple divorce that doesn’t necessarily need a lawyer.

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

4 hours ago, cindy122808 said:

If you go to Family Court, you can file for divorce there. The court house also have a separate information bureau and provide some guidance about what paperwork you need to file. You can do that without s lawyer. Alternatively, you can seek legal advice and assistance from agencies such as Legal Aid, Catholic Charities. In my state, my ex had to be served the divorce papers. Both of you will have to have a court appearance as judge will grant divorce. If its uncontested divorce, no fighting about kids or assets, it’s simple. But, it’s it’s contested, it gets tough. 

Hello all,

Hope you are all doing well under the circumstances. Anyway awaiting GC interview from August 2017? My I-485 was mistakenly denied last month but the case status for the I-485 application now says “re-opened”. What does this mean? Does it mean I’m in the back of the line again? Is there any way to find out how much longer the case might take to adjudicate? Anyone still waiting for GC interview from mid 2017? I’m in NYC. Thank you! 🙏

2 hours ago, namastenyc said:

Hello all,

Hope you are all doing well under the circumstances. Anyway awaiting GC interview from August 2017? My I-485 was mistakenly denied last month but the case status for the I-485 application now says “re-opened”. What does this mean? Does it mean I’m in the back of the line again? Is there any way to find out how much longer the case might take to adjudicate? Anyone still waiting for GC interview from mid 2017? I’m in NYC. Thank you! 🙏

yes. it has been reconsidered for interview. you are good. after your approval, you will get an update on your i485

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
21 hours ago, ponak98 said:

Hi @sandranj hope all is going well. Would you think my case is still immediate family? I applied for Vawa during divorce and finished divorce last year. Please stay safe.

A spouse or former spouse  of a U.S citizen  is classified as "IMMEDIATE RELATIVE'.

Timeline
7 hours ago, cindy122808 said:

If you don't have kids or assets then you don't need an attorney to represent you. Mention in the divorce papers that you don't know his whereabouts and then he will be served through " publication" ,this is allowed when the  spouse cannot be located.

Timeline
On 4/24/2020 at 5:59 PM, Precious100 said:

@ Modu, tnk u dear. I did . I submitted it at first when I submitted my 360 and even attached it now i just sent my 485.  What do you think I should do. I hope that doesn't mean they rejected my case please. 

My previous 485 was denied because my ex-husband refused to go with me to interview. He wanted me deported.

Do I attach the previous 485 receipt and  resend it again ? or what other poofs can i use to show he's a US citizen

To prove he is a U.S CITIZEN, send a copy of his passport or a copy of  his birth certificate, if you don't have a copy of his birth certificate then use the vital records to get a copy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.