2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, vawa2020 said:

I am  referring, particularly to this statement "I know calling and asking for stuff irritates him."

It is HIS JOB to answer your questions/inquiries. I am sorry you have such an unpleasant experience with him. Stay positive.. This too, shall pass.

Thank you. But unfortunately itnis like that with him.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi guys,

Just to reconfirm...is this the address for EAD+AP applications during pending VAWA ?
USCIS
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

28 minutes ago, DmytriiD said:

Hi guys,

Just to reconfirm...is this the address for EAD+AP applications during pending VAWA ?
USCIS
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden Street

That is the correct address 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 3/10/2020 at 5:23 PM, sandranj said:

You may qualify but just if  you didn't earn more than the gross income test limit, as far I remember the year 2019 the limit was around $4.000, then if you made over this limit your son can't claim you as his dependent. I am not an accountant, he  should check this with an accountant ok.

Thanks for answering Sandra.  I'm about to apply for renewal of EAD. The first one the fee was waived. Do I have to submit another fee waiver ?  Thanks again, I know you are super busy.  I appreciate all the help. 

1 hour ago, Formykid said:

Thank you. But unfortunately itnis like that with him.

It's great to be polite and all of that..unfortunately some people take advantage of others and even view nice people as weak..that's when you have to be firm..draw that line! You paid for the service so demand it! I battled with my attorney through it all (they left me no other option.. yes that has happened to me before..withholding vital documents from me until representative informed me USCIS already sent them so I had to demand!) that I believe the entire firm is more relieved than I am that my case is concluded!😏 

1 hour ago, DmytriiD said:

Hi guys,

USCIS
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden Street

Yeah..good to go!👍

15 hours ago, BlueTiger92 said:

hello vawa family, coming back after few weeks, hope u all staying safe !!

1. Is VSC still processing applications? I see approvals coming - that's awesome!

2. New executive order doesn't apply to AOS in the US - is this correct?

thank you.

Yes petitions are still being processed hence the approvals!😊 one requirement to qualify for VAWA is that you are the spouse of a USC or GC holder..since this was mentioned in the statement from POTUS, (immediate relative) fortunately they can't touch this!💁

5 minutes ago, Aidan 85 said:

Good afternoon 

just quick question my lawyer sent advanced parole renewal application to nbc in January after my vawa was approved in December I just got email sayin I131 case transfer to a different office any idea why that is

thanks

If you petitioned for i360..then all roads leads to VSC! Most likely that's where it's gone to..where it should have in the first place! Happened to me too!💁

Just now, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

If you petitioned for i360..then all roads leads to VSC! Most likely that's where it's gone to..where it should have in the first place! Happened to me too!💁

That’s where my first 2 went but after vawa way approved they sent to nbc this time so that’s it now long wait ahead lol thanks for answer

9 minutes ago, Aidan 85 said:

That’s where my first 2 went but after vawa way approved they sent to nbc this time so that’s it now long wait ahead lol thanks for answer

Sure! The norm is to send to VSC..they redirect as needed. So if you send to a wrong destination (NBC), it will be directed to the right place.(VSC)👍

6 hours ago, Formykid said:

Thank you for replying. My i360 is not approved (the visa bulletin date was current).

I thought there was another way. I'm not calling the attorney to ask. I know calling and asking for stuff irritates him.

Uscis sent me a prima facie on February 2019 for a year. He kept it, i don't know if he forgot to give it to me. 

I inow they did because this year they sent another one for 6 months, he gave me the copy. And when i went back a few days later to ask for the original. He gives me the original for the one for last year that i didn't even know they had issued. 

I couldn't even ask him "how"? How can you hold something so important to me for an entire year. (While I've been calling and emailing to know if they haven't sent something).

Yikes! Don’t be intimidated, you have every right to ask them. 
as for the 1st prima facia, leg if go, it’s in the past. Going forward, be on top of everything. 
Are you more comfortable with your lawyer’s paralegal? In my experience they are less likely to come across snappy, lawyers are under a lot of stress and have long hours, so 🤷🏻‍♀️No excuse but you know... mine gets like that over the phone at times but is the sweetest person on e-mail and in person, so I stick to e-mail and in person meetings if possible. 

wait another 2 weeks for your receipt, if nothing shows up, e-mail your lawyer before calling 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Aidan 85 said:

Good afternoon 

just quick question my lawyer sent advanced parole renewal application to nbc in January after my vawa was approved in December I just got email sayin I131 case transfer to a different office any idea why that is

thanks

Have you received any communication about your I485 being transferred to your local office since the I360 was approved in January?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.