2,976 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, TexasVAWA said:

:D That's sounds pretty. So what can I do with that card ? and Do I need to inform USCIS about I-485 that it is pending move to the local office ? ANd How long does it take to get an interview for I-485?

You don't have to remind them..it will be processed. Usually after the i360 is approved, they move the i485 to your local office where it joins the queue for interview. The interview wait time depends on your field office so you may have to look it up on the USCIS processing time site. It's moving along just bask in the euphoria of your approval for now!😊🇺🇸🙌

7 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You don't have to remind them..it will be processed. Usually after the i360 is approved, they move the i485 to your local office where it joins the queue for interview. The interview wait time depends on your field office so you may have to look it up on the USCIS processing time site. It's moving along just bask in the euphoria of your approval for now!😊🇺🇸🙌

Thank you! 😊 Makes sense . I have to keep my patience. So , What are the benefits of the VAWA card besides I-485 approval if you can share ? Do we still need  to apply for EAD card when the VAWA is approved ?

14 minutes ago, TexasVAWA said:

Thank you! 😊 Makes sense . I have to keep my patience. So , What are the benefits of the VAWA card besides I-485 approval if you can share ? Do we still need  to apply for EAD card when the VAWA is approved ?

Benefits?😏 it's an employment authorization card just like the C9 you're expecting via i485 petition. It's only a different category C31! It's for work! LOL😸 If you applied for C9 it will still arrive when it's processed. If you didn't you can!👍

49 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Lol it's true!😸 I still have my valid EAD which expires in Dec and compare it to the GC in terms of aesthetics and the EAD wins everytime!😛😸

I cant wait to have that card too. There will be so much relief from all the emotional roller coasters.

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, TexasVAWA said:

Thank you. :)  Sure. I am sharing . 

5th May 2018: USCIS received I-130, 131, 485, I-765, I- 864 ( After I and my spouse both applied for marriage based green card )

11th July 2018 : received  notice for the interview is ready to schedule. My spouse didn’t want to attend the interview . I contact to USCIS to reschedule the interview .  They received the request and gave me a referral number to reschedule . 

5th September 2018: I had my ead card in my hand based on marriage . But, I haven’t used that for any work ever . 

5th October 2018 : I applied for  vawa I-360. I didn’t send I-485 and I- 765. Because I sent I-485 and I-765 earlier based on marriage. And, it’s still showing on the website that case is ready for interview .

11 th December 2019 : I received my first prima facie notice. 

4 th January 2020: I received second prima facie . 

22nd April 2020 : I received notice under I-360 notice " The new card is being produced"

This all process happened only because of this group and some amazing people like @Stillwinning!!!😊 , @sandranj , @iwillsurvive and other people who I can't recall the other name right at this moment . 

I applied approximately a year after you, May 2019! 🙏🏼 I pray to be delivered to the other side of this mountain soon🙏🏼🙏🏼 

3 hours ago, sandranj said:

Did you read the I-765 instructions? If you entered as a student or tourist you need just to submit form I-765!

hope everyone is doing good, please keep your chin up and know that despite everything that is happening we will be ok, we are strong and we will be stronger after all of this:)

Also i want to say thank you to sandranj for all her help and knowledge, you are a beacon of hope and a book of knowledge for all of us and all i wanna say thank you for all your help that you are providing us speciali when we are in such a difficult time in our life you are amazing Good bless you ❤️

46 minutes ago, Apolo said:

Based on what I just read in that link we’re ok... for now 

15 minutes ago, BlueTiger92 said:

hello vawa family, coming back after few weeks, hope u all staying safe !!

1. Is VSC still processing applications? I see approvals coming - that's awesome!

2. New executive order doesn't apply to AOS in the US - is this correct?

thank you.

From my understanding the new executive order only applies for people outside of the us  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.