2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You can prove abuse by providing either police report or medical report, psychological evaluation and through the statements of witnesses. So you might want to gather all you can. You don't have to have all I've listed but anything you're able to provide will do. Start attending therapy as it will help you heal! You need to start from there..the evaluation report will help your case too. Anyone who witnessed the abuse can testify. Take note of all the evidences I stated earlier to prove you qualify for this petition. Get your marriage certificate, mails in both or either of your names to the shared residence, bills, insurance, bank statements, etc to show you lived and had a life together..good moral character..this can include a personal statement from you, statements from friends, family, neighbours..in your case your pastor can write. Isn't there a chance a neighbor or two..and even perhaps the landlord knows something? They can write too..he didn't just marry you out of thin air..wasn't there any witness? A friend or two? They can write about good faith marriage..you need to prepare carefully or else you'll be faced with RFEs which can delay your case. If you go through earlier threads, you'll have fewer to no questions. Whatever I have written or will write in response has all been addressed!👍

I would like to add if you got pictures of abuse, it 'll help your case too.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 minutes ago, DmytriiD said:

Hey guys, I am applying to renew EAD+AP this week. It's a second time I am doing this but I dont remember if I need to include something to get fees waived or it is automatically waived if I have I485 pending, right? Thank you!

Also, another question regarding filing taxes. So I filed as non resident alien. But when we were discussing stimulus check here I found out that we are resident aliens even tho I485 is not approved yet. So, I131 (AP) instructions says something about filing taxes as non resident alien might be a reason for inadmissibility. Do you guys know anything about this? 

You only need a copy of your I 485 receipts and the I131 is based on your I 485 as well.

i have a question if someone is knowledgeable, the President Trump just announced that  the immigrant ban will also include issuing green card and people seeking permanent residency, what will happen with the people that already are waiting for there AOS

16 minutes ago, DmytriiD said:

Hey guys, I am applying to renew EAD+AP this week. It's a second time I am doing this but I dont remember if I need to include something to get fees waived or it is automatically waived if I have I485 pending, right? Thank you!

Also, another question regarding filing taxes. So I filed as non resident alien. But when we were discussing stimulus check here I found out that we are resident aliens even tho I485 is not approved yet. So, I131 (AP) instructions says something about filing taxes as non resident alien might be a reason for inadmissibility. Do you guys know anything about this? 

Hey Bro. Only i485 receipt is sufficient. You do not need to pay fee or attach fee waiver

Hola Familia. My c09 ead/ap is expiring in Oct. do you think I should submit my renewal because of delays??

6 minutes ago, Apolo said:

i have a question if someone is knowledgeable, the President Trump just announced that  the immigrant ban will also include issuing green card and people seeking permanent residency, what will happen with the people that already are waiting for there AOS

Well we all are here at the same level of situation but @John_ posted a link in previous page that this rule is applicable for those who are getting gc based on employment 

4 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

Well we all are here at the same level of situation but @John_ posted a link in previous page that this rule is applicable for those who are getting gc based on employment 

ok thank you i will have to look it up, and also i guess we will have to wait and se basicaly if for those who are VAWA petitioners and ara waiting for there AOS will they be afected as well or just new applications?

Edited by Apolo

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

Hey Bro. Only i485 receipt is sufficient. You do not need to pay fee or attach fee waiver

Hola Familia. My c09 ead/ap is expiring in Oct. do you think I should submit my renewal because of delays??

Hello Hello! 
Thank you!

My EAD+AP expires on 11th of NOV 2020, but in the light of latest immigration news I personally expect that waiting (processing) time may increase, so I have decided to apply this week. Like late April 2020...even if it is full 6 months, I should get it around late October. So, I think you should go ahead and apply.

Edited by DmytriiD

Hello friends .. 

iam asking for one of my friends who received a RFE on November 1 2019

Her lawyer responded to them on November 22nd but since then she never get any response from them .. they didn’t update the system .. she involved the congressman to help her out .. surprisingly he sent her a letter today that the uscis responded to him and they didn’t receive any response from her .. now it’s 6 months since they sent her the request ?? 
she is worried that her case will be denied at any time !! 
he lawyer is not helpful at all !!! 
She said that her lawyer sent the response for the request for evidence along with  i485 , i765, i131 !! 

they sent her receipts for all applications but they didn’t update the system that they get her response !!!  

her EAD was approved today but she is worried about the i360 !! 

what do you think guys ?? 

3 hours ago, Fishy89 said:

Hello friends .. 

Her lawyer responded to them on November 22nd but since then she never get any response from them .. they didn’t update the system .. she involved the congressman to help her out .. surprisingly he sent her a letter today that the uscis responded to him and they didn’t receive any response from her .. now it’s 6 months since they sent her the request ?? 
She said that her lawyer sent the response for the request for evidence along with  i485 , i765, i131 !! 

they sent her receipts for all applications but they didn’t update the system that they get her response !!!  

The best bet is to reproduce the response to the RFE as there is always a copy of everything sent. It should not take time to get it and send it with cover letter from the lawyer explaining what went wrong and could send it by express since there is no final decision yet. No time to check time. 

4 hours ago, Fishy89 said:

Hello friends .. 

Can you please share her timeline and status updates? I did send my response to RFE in December 23, 2019. So it means they are approving EAD of November 2019 . So all i can understand from my situation that they consider the whole EAD thing as new case from the date of receiving RFE. Hope i will get mine soon🙏 Congratulations for her EAD

10 hours ago, Aarontx90 said:

I see, I am going to wait one more month so that the 6 month period is over and perhaps then contact them and ask for help.

I do hope the new executive order does't effect our cases.

Yea this new executive order has everyone on edge. But we don’t really know all the details as yet. So let’s see

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
21 hours ago, Engineering-rocks said:

Has anyone ever tried to request their interview to be waived? There's a checklist of reasons on USCIS website and the last one just says "other reasons you may have", so just thought maybe it's worth a shot (I cannot perform certain work duties until I get a green card due to security clearance issues). How would one apply for that?

You can't ask for USCIS to waive your interview.I mean you can ask  but they will deny because there is no provision in the INA for what you want to ask them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.