2,976 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, SamIAm876 said:

Hi! 
 Did you file i765 (C09) as well? If not you won’t get a EAD (C31)  until your VAWA is approved and I think this is taking between 18 and 24 months. 

Yes Dear, I did file the I-485 and I765 together in November 2019 and had the fingerprints taken January 2020 and now the website says fingerprints have updated as of Jan 2020, How much longer will I need to wait..

Thanks for you input again.

49 minutes ago, Aarontx90 said:

Yes Dear, I did file the I-485 and I765 together in November 2019 and had the fingerprints taken January 2020 and now the website says fingerprints have updated as of Jan 2020, How much longer will I need to wait..

I filled for EAD renewal June 2019. “Fingerprints were taken” status has stuck from August 2019. After this no updates. 
285 days and I’m still waiting. 
Hope you will get it faster! It’s so stressful!

2 minutes ago, HolaBola31 said:

I filled for EAD renewal June 2019. “Fingerprints were taken” status has stuck from August 2019. After this no updates. 
285 days and I’m still waiting. 
Hope you will get it faster! It’s so stressful!

I am sorry dear, by that regard you even filed earlier then I did, so I still have few months to go, it indeed is stressful, I do hope your response comes soon and then perhaps mine.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello Family, has anyone applied for unemployment and still got his/her case approved.  Wanting to apply for it but still skeptical. My case has not been approved filed july 2019. Pls help with your responses. Thanks and God bless us all. Wishn everyone safety and God's divine protection.

When requesting the ombudsman assistance, can I fill the online form?  Or do I have to download the form and fill it out because I’m a VAWA applicant?  Has anyone here done it online to inquire about the status of their VAWA? Please help! I am requesting their assistance about my case because I’m April 2018 filler and I want to do it the way so I don’t have any more delays 

Edited by Aprilvawa

8 hours ago, Aarontx90 said:

I think you should check the processing time on the uscis website. You should get it within that timeline and God forbids you don’t get it within normal processing time you can get in contact with your congressman or ombudsman to find out what’s happening. 

7 hours ago, Aarontx90 said:

I am sorry dear, by that regard you even filed earlier then I did, so I still have few months to go, it indeed is stressful, I do hope your response comes soon and then perhaps mine.

I feel for both of you I remember how my first EAD took over a year. I was so stressed but I got through and you will too. But it don’t necessarily mean that everyone’s situation is the same. Some people get theirs really fast. I didn’t have the same luck but it did come. And based on what I’ve read here people that has to go through the FBI clearances is taking longer. You will come out victorious 🙌🏾

6 hours ago, Aprilvawa said:

When requesting the ombudsman assistance, can I fill the online form?  Or do I have to download the form and fill it out because I’m a VAWA applicant?  Has anyone here done it online to inquire about the status of their VAWA? Please help! I am requesting their assistance about my case because I’m April 2018 filler and I want to do it the way so I don’t have any more delays 

It is indeed done online. If you don’t have the website you can google it. That’s what I did over a year ago when I made an enquiry through them. Best of luck! 

4 hours ago, SamIAm876 said:

I think you should check the processing time on the uscis website. You should get it within that timeline and God forbids you don’t get it within normal processing time you can get in contact with your congressman or ombudsman to find out what’s happening. 

Thanks for the response, I’ve been checking up on it, it usually take 4-6 months as per the website, so I probably need to wait one more month then have the lawyer to an inquiry or through congressman.

what is ombudsman?

4 hours ago, SamIAm876 said:

I feel for both of you I remember how my first EAD took over a year. I was so stressed but I got through and you will too. But it don’t necessarily mean that everyone’s situation is the same. Some people get theirs really fast. I didn’t have the same luck but it did come. And based on what I’ve read here people that has to go through the FBI clearances is taking longer. You will come out victorious 🙌🏾

Looking forward to it, my ead through marriage base took almost a year and half, I hope this one comes in soon.

2 hours ago, Aarontx90 said:

Thanks for the response, I’ve been checking up on it, it usually take 4-6 months as per the website, so I probably need to wait one more month then have the lawyer to an inquiry or through congressman.

what is ombudsman?

The uscis ombudsman helps to resolve problems you may have with uscis. I think you’re going to get your EAD soon though. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.