2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Claudia16049 said:

Can I apply and submit renew my EAD card right now ? Because look uscis office already close until 5/3/2020

my EAD card will be expire on 8/2/2020

Yes you can send it to VSC

Timeline
1 minute ago, Claudia16049 said:

But the office still have people working in there or close until 5/3/2020?

Yes they are still working but not making in person appointments. They are using old biometrics for EAD renewal. I just sent mine last week and received proof that it was delivered and signed.

10 minutes ago, John_ said:

Yes they are still working but not making in person appointments. They are using old biometrics for EAD renewal. I just sent mine last week and received proof that it was delivered and signed.

Thank you let me know that 

I will be apply C31, because that is free . Do you think so they will be use my C09 biometrics finger print? ( my I-360 already approved at 8/11/2019, but we didn’t apply any C-31)

if I renew C09, I have to pay $410, so that why I don’t want to renew my C09.

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Claudia16049 said:

Thank you let me know that 

I will be apply C31, because that is free . Do you think so they will be use my C09 biometrics finger print? ( my I-360 already approved at 8/11/2019, but we didn’t apply any C-31)

if I renew C09, I have to pay $410, so that why I don’t want to renew my C09.

C31 renewal you have to pay the fees , only the first one is free when they approve your I-360. C09 is free if you have a pending I-485 and you paid the fees before. 

Filed: Other Timeline
20 hours ago, shayona said:

Thanks for reply. 

Here is the timeline for my case;

10/05/2018    Application packet sent to USCIS consisting of I-360, I-485 and I-765

10/10/2018    USCIS received I-360, I-485 and I-765

12/04/2018   USCIS Requested for additional evidence for Form I-360.

01/03/2019   USCIS received documents requested for RFE

01/11/2019   Status been updated as Fees waived for I-485 and I-765

06/07/2019   USCIS issued EAD card (C-09) based on I-765 application.

04/10/2020   USCIS has updated I-360 case status as "New Card Is Being Produced" 

04/10/2020   USCIS has updated I-485 case status as "Case transferred to another office" 

Congratulations!! 🎊🎉 

would you please share what your RFE was for? 

hey everyone, I have a couple of questions

1. my vawa got approved recently and I received my c31 EAD. I've also filed my I485 along with I360 back in 2018, but I didn't get the status update about my case being transferred to a new office. Should I wait for it or should I make an inquiry about it? I also never got my i360 approval letter.

2. I am still married to my abusive spouse and I would like to start divorce soon, although he doesn't live in the united states anymore and I don't have his address and we're not in touch, since I have blocked him on every social media platform, emails etc. How would I be able to get a divorce? Would it be a problem if I am still in divorce process after my vawa got approved?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, monoxidelullaby said:

1. my vawa got approved recently and I received my c31 EAD. I've also filed my I485 along with I360 back in 2018, but I didn't get the status update about my case being transferred to a new office. Should I wait for it or should I make an inquiry about it? I also never got my i360 approval letter.

2. I am still married to my abusive spouse and I would like to start divorce soon, although he doesn't live in the united states anymore and I don't have his address and we're not in touch, since I have blocked him on every social media platform, emails etc. How would I be able to get a divorce? Would it be a problem if I am still in divorce process after my vawa got approved?

Hey. Congrats!

1. When exactly was it approved? Mine was approved on Jan 31st, 2020 and I made an inquiry with the congressman a few days ago, they said it is still in the process of being transferred to NBC, after which it goes to my local office. So looks like it takes 3-4 months.

2. I would recommend getting a divorce lawyer, they are not that expensive. The divorce will not affect your VAWA, just be prepared to explain why did you wait to get it at this time.

2 hours ago, monoxidelullaby said:

What i did i went to the courthouse and use the family service center and they assist me with the legal paperwork and explained to me everything that i have to do and it was free of charge. 

12 hours ago, Engineering-rocks said:

Hey. Congrats!

1. When exactly was it approved? Mine was approved on Jan 31st, 2020 and I made an inquiry with the congressman a few days ago, they said it is still in the process of being transferred to NBC, after which it goes to my local office. So looks like it takes 3-4 months.

2. I would recommend getting a divorce lawyer, they are not that expensive. The divorce will not affect your VAWA, just be prepared to explain why did you wait to get it at this time.

1. It was approved almost a month ago. Did you ever get the notification online about the case being transferred or not?

2. I will definitely get that done through a lawyer, I am just not sure how would it be done since I don't have any information about my husband? He won't be able to sign any papers. How long does the divorce take anyway?

11 hours ago, Apolo said:

What i did i went to the courthouse and use the family service center and they assist me with the legal paperwork and explained to me everything that i have to do and it was free of charge. 

Thank you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 minutes ago, monoxidelullaby said:

1. It was approved almost a month ago. Did you ever get the notification online about the case being transferred or not?

2. I will definitely get that done through a lawyer, I am just not sure how would it be done since I don't have any information about my husband? He won't be able to sign any papers. How long does the divorce take anyway?

Thank you!

I did not receive any transfer updates. 1 month is definitely early, I would say if after 3 months total you don't receive any updates then do an inquiry. Apparently there is a line cases wait in when they go to NBC. I will message you when my case gets transferred to my local office so you know what the timeline is like.

Hi everyone , hope you are all doing well.

Today i received in the mail a lot of rfe.

My dates are oct 22 2018

Dec 2018 prima facie

Dec 2019 2nd prima facie

Apr 7 2020 RFE

can you guys help me please.

1. Good moral character.

What constitutes as a good moral character.

" when i filed i send a police clearance for good moral character from my county"

Statements from my neighbor and landlord.

2. Good faith marriage

When i apply i only send 

Self affidavit and life insurance plan and bank account that we just started.

Can you please help me please.

Thank you so much in advance stay safe everyone

God bless always

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

@Stillwinning!!!😊 and other members of this forum. hope every body is staying safe at home.. I need help as I got RFE today asking for a good moral character from back home. Whereas I stayed back home just for 3 weeks. Second, Can I submit other evidence which they didn't ask for but i had that relating  to Courtship and abuse ? Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.