2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Mira20 said:

No, I did not

Not sure about places to type things, but you can print things (from disk or via e-mail) at various office-services stores.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Timeline
9 hours ago, Mira20 said:

No, I did not

Then look for one in your area and call them to see if they provide printing services. You can type on your phone if you need to. 

7 eleven are open as essential service opposed to many office stores like staples etc. 

if nothing is available, just hand write the cover letter. It’s the actual proof and supporting documents that are subject to scrutiny and rules etc. given the unprecedented times, it should be ok I guess. Just explain it in the cover letter itself. 

write extremely neatly! 

Timeline
12 hours ago, MariFD said:

Hey everyone. I got this the other day for the I360 VAWA receipt.  What does it mean? 

New Card Is Being Produced

On May 1, 2020, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number EACXXXXXXXXX, and will mail it to the address you gave us. 

Please can you share your timeline?

10 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Not sure about places to type things, but you can print things (from disk or via e-mail) at various office-services stores.

Thank you 

1 hour ago, dreamer1 said:

Then look for one in your area and call them to see if they provide printing services. You can type on your phone if you need to. 

7 eleven are open as essential service opposed to many office stores like staples etc. 

if nothing is available, just hand write the cover letter. It’s the actual proof and supporting documents that are subject to scrutiny and rules etc. given the unprecedented times, it should be ok I guess. Just explain it in the cover letter itself. 

write extremely neatly! 

Thank you, I will try this

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
10 hours ago, Ballerina said:

If I'm remembering correctly, your receipt notice was end of Dec 2018, right? If so, is it me or vawa actually moving a bit quicker during this quarantine era?

Good memory. Yes 12/31/2018 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
1 hour ago, MariFD said:

Good memory. Yes 12/31/2018 

I’m so happy to see this approval. I’m right after you, so I hope mine is coming soon. God bless you. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/3/2020 at 12:48 AM, Mira20 said:

Due to the lockdown I am not able to type amd print the cover letter I intend to send with my a supporting document I just acquired, 

my question is can I write the cover letter with pen and paper or I should just fo ahead and send the document without any cover letter? 

Yes, you can submit a handwritten letter.But you need to write your own affidavit(at least 7 pages)and I suggest you type your own affidavit.

Edited by sandranj

Timeline
On 5/2/2020 at 6:54 PM, Apolo said:

Dear VJ Family i have a very urgent question, apparently my case for my I-485 was denied in 2018 but i was still able to obtain a EAD can someone please explain?

What i'm trying to say is that in 2015 just before my interview i filed for my VAWA and according by my lawyer my interview was supposed to be put on hold. and now i got a case tracer and when i was going  trough the case history i saw that in 2018 my case was denied and they send me a deniel and the explanation, what i'm trying to say i never received anything, then again i was applying for my EAD under my I-485 and i was getting my C09 under my I-485 can someone explain could that be a glitch or something im freaking out :(

If you have your case denied you will need  to refile VAWA/AOS in order to obtain a work permit.I saw several cases here on VJ of people that had their cases denied and they never got the denial letter.

Timeline
On 5/2/2020 at 9:48 PM, Apolo said:

This is so confusing and idk my question is completely different but tnx for replying.

P.S

According to the Case tracker that im using my case vas denied in 2018 september 2018, but since then i have received 2 EAD one after the deniel and it is under the category c09 that is being issued only when you have a pending AOS, and one in 2019 that is also under the category C09. Please correct me if EAD c09 is not only being issued when you have a pending I-485 ?

Please is sandranj can assist as well 🙏

If you had the EAD renewed IN 2019 then your case was not denied. 

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
28 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Yes, you can submit a handwritten letter.But you need to write your own affidavit(at least 7 pages)and I suggest you type your own affidavit.

What do you think?
Is it possible to send additional letters yet-addition. Personal letters.
will this not bother the migration service? if sent personal letters without request.

Thank you and hugs.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.