2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
6 hours ago, Apple90 said:

Welcome if you mean 03/17/2020 we have similar timeline did you received the PF yet

Yes, 03/17/2020.

No PF yet. Hoping in the next few weeks.

Thanks everyone

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Sandra 

My VAWA just got approved like 15 days back and they sent my i485 to local office for scheduling interview. 

I have strange question that during greencard interview, can officer ask me to explain the abuse I suffered from my ex? I will definitely explain everything but believe me it’s still hurting me like a hell whenever I think about it :(

before my vawa approval, my divorce has also been concluded. So during the interview, applicant who are divorced is required to show that the divorce was related to the abuse? What if applicant  went thru uncontested or at No-fault divorce only to end that marriage as quick as possible to move out from that abuse? My ex put extreme pressure on me for at no fault divorce as he already had a new girlfriend and I was also so much wanted to end that marriage and have little peace in my life so I agreed to him for uncontested divorce. 

please guide me on such situation what possibly being asked during interview, I am really worried about it. Please help me

3 minutes ago, shayona said:

Hi Sandra 

My VAWA just got approved like 15 days back and they sent my i485 to local office for scheduling interview. 

I have strange question that during greencard interview, can officer ask me to explain the abuse I suffered from my ex? I will definitely explain everything but believe me it’s still hurting me like a hell whenever I think about it :(

before my vawa approval, my divorce has also been concluded. So during the interview, applicant who are divorced is required to show that the divorce was related to the abuse? What if applicant  went thru uncontested or at No-fault divorce only to end that marriage as quick as possible to move out from that abuse? My ex put extreme pressure on me for at no fault divorce as he already had a new girlfriend and I was also so much wanted to end that marriage and have little peace in my life so I agreed to him for uncontested divorce. 

please guide me on such situation what possibly being asked during interview, I am really worried about it. Please help me

I don't think they will ask you about the abuse they might ask about the divorce 

One of the most part no matter how i keep myself busy to not remember the PTSD i suffered sinc i married with my ex but God in control

15 minutes ago, shayona said:

Hi Sandra 

Most officers don't go there..some do. I believe the ones who do are new officers who aren't well acquainted with the rules..anyway if you ever find yourself in that situation..you can tell the officer you are not comfortable re-living such horrid memories! Or if you have no issues with it..you can talk about it. For the divorce issue..you are divorced..they may ask or not ask..it depends on the officer..but it's not required. Just be prepared for anything..no need to worry yourself so much..my interview experience was pleasantly different. The officer was absolutely God-sent! Was out in a matter of minutes. I pray yours goes smoothly too!😊🙏

16 minutes ago, sandranj said:

They cannot ask about the abuse,if they ask just say you will not discuss about the abuse because you don't fee good to remember the abuse suffered, if the officer insists then tell  you will not discuss abut the abuse, and the abuse part was already adjudicated by VCS.,if the officer still insists with the question then ask to speak with his/her supervisor, and the supervisor will tell the officer that he/she can't ask about the abuse. You don't need to be divorced to attend the AOS interview and it doesn't matter the divorce ground.

Sandra, I deeply appreciate your constant help throughout my VAWA journey, I would always remain thankful to you for my life.   

6 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Most officers don't go there..some do. I believe the ones who do are new officers who aren't well acquainted with the rules..anyway if you ever find yourself in that situation..you can tell the officer you are not comfortable re-living such horrid memories! Or if you have no issues with it..you can talk about it. For the divorce issue..you are divorced..they may ask or not ask..it depends on the officer..but it's not required. Just be prepared for anything..no need to worry yourself so much..my interview experience was pleasantly different. The officer was absolutely God-sent! Was out in a matter of minutes. I pray yours goes smoothly too!😊🙏

Thank you so much. Can you please share the interview questions and your experience? 

6 hours ago, Apple90 said:

I don't think they will ask you about the abuse they might ask about the divorce 

One of the most part no matter how i keep myself busy to not remember the PTSD i suffered sinc i married with my ex but God in control

Thank you. 

6 minutes ago, shayona said:

Thank you so much. Can you please share the interview questions and your experience? 

Thank you. 

Oh you just missed it. It's all documented in the previous thread. Part 17. Anything I say atm will just be repetitive. My experience is all in the last part of the thread.😊👍

@sandranj and other members,

My work permit is pending since july 10th of last year. I reached out to my senator and today i received this response from my senator. Does anyone know what that means? what other investigation they would be doing? any idea?

Thank you for your inquiry regarding this constituent's immigration matter. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records confirm that your constituent's case is pending at this time. USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in a timely and efficient manner while also ensuring public safety, national security and compliance with all relevant directives. While the processing steps for most applications or petitions are completed quickly, a small percentage of cases involve unresolved issues that may result in adjudication delays. For example, if our review reveals an issue that may impact an individual's eligibility for the requested immigration benefit, further inquiry is needed. The inquiry may include an additional interview and/or contact with another agency for updates or more comprehensive information.

We are unable to determine at this time when the review process for the case will be completed. USCIS will issue a decision on your constituent's case once certain issues are resolved. We are striving to resolve these issues as soon as possible."

Edited by balo101

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
18 hours ago, Blunt said:

Hello house ,

I submitted my i360 last year and it’s over a year now ,there is no update on my case I only received prima facie once ,I dnt use it cuz I dnt need it ..I’m after my case to be approved..i went to my USA army recruiter to apply with my EAD but he told me that I will need to present my green card and change my social security card as well ..i was so unhappy ..I have a great passion to be in the USA military but my green card is holding my back now cuz they told me I can only join with green card not ead ..please I’m just confused right now ..please what can I do ..I’m still in my 20s and I dnt want age to pass my by that I won’t be able to join the USA military anymore..I dnt know why is taking them so long to approve my case ..I’m utterly disgusted and unhappy right now ..I am serious praying and waiting for this green card to get my life out of this stuck ..

You submitted your I360 last year and do you really expect to have a green card now? The VAWA is taking 16/19 months to be adjudicated and then green card interview can take 12 to 20 months, you have a LONG road ahead. You can join the army until you are 42 years old.

34 minutes ago, balo101 said:

@sandranj and other members,

My work permit is pending since july 10th of last year. I reached out to my senator and today i received this response from my senator. Does anyone know what that means? what other investigation they would be doing? any idea?

Thank you for your inquiry regarding this constituent's immigration matter. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records confirm that your constituent's case is pending at this time. USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in a timely and efficient manner while also ensuring public safety, national security and compliance with all relevant directives. While the processing steps for most applications or petitions are completed quickly, a small percentage of cases involve unresolved issues that may result in adjudication delays. For example, if our review reveals an issue that may impact an individual's eligibility for the requested immigration benefit, further inquiry is needed. The inquiry may include an additional interview and/or contact with another agency for updates or more comprehensive information.

We are unable to determine at this time when the review process for the case will be completed. USCIS will issue a decision on your constituent's case once certain issues are resolved. We are striving to resolve these issues as soon as possible."

Hey! 

Are we talking about C9 or C31? was your 360 approved? if not, the marriage based I-485 is still pending? where did you/your lawyer send the renewal application? 

Depending on your situation, we can guess the possible explanation. 

This reply basically says that your renewal application is under review and that they are requesting info from another government agency or just reviewing it more, its very generic, as always with USCIS

4 minutes ago, dreamer1 said:

Hey! 

Are we talking about C9 or C31? was your 360 approved? if not, the marriage based I-485 is still pending? where did you/your lawyer send the renewal application? 

Depending on your situation, we can guess the possible explanation. 

This reply basically says that your renewal application is under review and that they are requesting info from another government agency or just reviewing it more, its very generic, as always with USCIS

basically it was pending based on c9 and i submitted to NBC before i filled Vawa application. then in December i submit vawa application and they hold my i-485. 

9 minutes ago, balo101 said:

basically it was pending based on c9 and i submitted to NBC before i filled Vawa application. then in December i submit vawa application and they hold my i-485. 

Ah... so I think they are just speaking to Vermont about this.

If  your EAD and extension both expired and if you are an essential worker, as your manager to write a letter saying they need you to work ASAP, they may expedite it. I am referring to previous threads here where an EAD would be long time pending but people could get an expedited response given the right circumstances 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
3 hours ago, Nra said:

Hi @CDIRL I applied just now as well. How long did it take to get the receipt notice?

Hi Nra

I filed at the end of Feb. My receipt notice was 03/17/2020, but wasn't mailed until 03/31/20.

I received my EAD (C09) in 01/2020 from my initial I130, I485 application. Initial interview was scheduled for 01/17/2020, but was postponed, as we hadn't filed I360. Am hoping that, I will have my PF by the time my interview has been rescheduled, and can hopefully keep i485 in NY local office, and pending throughout the duration of my i360 application.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.