Ryan & Keyh

Administrative Processing timeline?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sure the answer is probably going to be, "Depends..." but figured I would try to solicit some feedback. 

We're applying for a K1 Visa and Keyh had her interview on the 12th of Feb. The interview itself went fantastic. She was well prepared and answered all the questions they threw at her. However, she did run into a snag with her CENOMAR. The one she received from her hometown had a misspelling in her middle name. This can be traced back to her birth when the hospital incorrectly transcribed her mothers maiden name as "Calimotan" instead of the proper "Calimutan" 🙄. The embassy refused her Visa under 221(g). All was not lost though as they assured her that everything else looked great and all she had to do was submit a corrected CENOMAR via mail, no need for her to come back to Manila (phew!).

I was arriving on the 14th anyway, so we made a side trip to the PSA in Tacloban. After two days, we got her CENOMAR corrected and sent it off to the Embassy. It was signed for and (I'm guessing) entered into the system as the "Case last updated..." date changed. Anyone have any experience with Administrative Processing in Manila and how long the process might take? Seems like a pretty straightforward correction but not sure if we're moved to the "back of the line" now? Looking ahead at all the travel uncertainties, it would certainly be nice to get her stateside.

Thanks!

Ryan

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ryan & Keyh said:

I'm sure the answer is probably going to be, "Depends..." but figured I would try to solicit some feedback. 

We're applying for a K1 Visa and Keyh had her interview on the 12th of Feb. The interview itself went fantastic. She was well prepared and answered all the questions they threw at her. However, she did run into a snag with her CENOMAR. The one she received from her hometown had a misspelling in her middle name. This can be traced back to her birth when the hospital incorrectly transcribed her mothers maiden name as "Calimotan" instead of the proper "Calimutan" 🙄. The embassy refused her Visa under 221(g). All was not lost though as they assured her that everything else looked great and all she had to do was submit a corrected CENOMAR via mail, no need for her to come back to Manila (phew!).

I was arriving on the 14th anyway, so we made a side trip to the PSA in Tacloban. After two days, we got her CENOMAR corrected and sent it off to the Embassy. It was signed for and (I'm guessing) entered into the system as the "Case last updated..." date changed. Anyone have any experience with Administrative Processing in Manila and how long the process might take? Seems like a pretty straightforward correction but not sure if we're moved to the "back of the line" now? Looking ahead at all the travel uncertainties, it would certainly be nice to get her stateside.

Thanks!

Ryan

Yup ... Depends is about right.    Usually a 221g adds roughly 2 weeks to the process ONCE the embassy receives the requested document

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Just wanted to followup for anyone in the same boat. Her updated CENOMAR was received and we got a "case update" reported on the 25th of Feb, on the CEAC site. Status changed to "Application Received" on the 2nd of March and then to a more generic "Administrative Processing" message on the same day. On the 3rd of March the status changed to "Issued". Now we're just waiting on 2Go! 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Ryan & Keyh said:

Just wanted to followup for anyone in the same boat. Her updated CENOMAR was received and we got a "case update" reported on the 25th of Feb, on the CEAC site. Status changed to "Application Received" on the 2nd of March and then to a more generic "Administrative Processing" message on the same day. On the 3rd of March the status changed to "Issued". Now we're just waiting on 2Go! 

Great news!

Couple days after ISSUED and 2GO should have picked up the package from the embassy.

Did you get CFO completed already?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
13 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Great news!

Couple days after ISSUED and 2GO should have picked up the package from the embassy.

Did you get CFO completed already?

Yep, she did CFO back in January. She just has to pick up the sticker. Crossing my fingers for an update on 2GO before the weekend. The UID still comes back as "Invalid". Hurry up and wait.... *sigh*

Ryan

7 minutes ago, Ryan & Keyh said:

Yep, she did CFO back in January. She just has to pick up the sticker. Crossing my fingers for an update on 2GO before the weekend. The UID still comes back as "Invalid". Hurry up and wait.... *sigh*

Ryan

You will usually get an SMS before 2GO updates...

Finally done...

Timeline
17 minutes ago, boris64 said:

You will usually get an SMS before 2GO updates...

Hopefully I remembered to use her cell number instead of my Phil cell number. It's her number under the profile on the embassy scheduling site but the delivery delivery information is no longer listed because the appointment has come & gone. Fingers crossed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.