Sarge2155

March 2020 AOS Filers

1,285 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Sunflowerrrin<3 said:

@kec523 Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that!! Below is what I included with my filing:

I-864:

2018 Federal Tax Transcripts 

I-944: 

An Attestation signed by me stating that my two minor children are my husband's household members

Our daughter's birth certificate as evidence of relationship/household member

My most recent checking, savings & retirement account statements (They weren't really statements, but like account overview)

Credit Report Screen Shot showing that we were unable to procure a credit report

My husband does not have any work certifications, no health insurance at this time, he went up to the 11th grade, so no high school diploma.  In the section about English language skill, I put that he plans on attending classes to improve his English.  I made sure I had an answer for every question; when a question did not apply I put "N/A"

How about part 3, question 1? ( This part was a little confusing for me) Our household size is 5- so even for the kids I answered "YES"  to the question that someone in the household has filed a tax return & the amount.  This part had me unsure if I even completed the form correctly. I'm still not sure I did (LOL)

Just to address your questions above:

part 3, question 6- I put N/A

Let me know if there is any way I can help.

Thank you so much!!! Very helpful - our husbands are in similar situations with the work and education situations. I went over the forms with m ydad this morning - I thought a second eye might help.  And he did find one box on each form that he thought I should have checked that I hadn't checked.  I resubmitted today and am really hoping that this does the trick.  If we get rejected again, feeling like I might need a lawyer's help : ( 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good Evening 

I am filing my AOS package and am stuck on Form I-485.

Number 61 on page 14: Are you exempt from the public charge ground of inadmissibility? 

My husband is self employed and his earnings are 6 figures per annum. 

Am I right to tick No and then fill in a I-944?

This is all SO confusing 😭 

thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, kec523 said:

Thank you so much!!! Very helpful - our husbands are in similar situations with the work and education situations. I went over the forms with m ydad this morning - I thought a second eye might help.  And he did find one box on each form that he thought I should have checked that I hadn't checked.  I resubmitted today and am really hoping that this does the trick.  If we get rejected again, feeling like I might need a lawyer's help : ( 

If you get rejected  again you just have to go back again to the drawing board. Lawyers have made more mistakes than us. Lawyers sometimes  don't  know jack! Anyway you got this......

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
On 3/19/2020 at 12:08 AM, Sunflowerrrin<3 said:

@kec523 payment taken out and e-notification of NOA1 received today! 🙌

Yay! How was it filling out the i-944? What did you include as education? Did you have the US equivalency done?  My husband has two GCSEs, and we are getting them evaluated. 

We are having a hard time with the credit score.  He doesn't have a SSN so online, we can't even try to print out those error messages like everyone else seems to be doing. 

Edited by BirdSong

Timeline
9 hours ago, Carina Brown said:

Good Evening 

I am filing my AOS package and am stuck on Form I-485.

Number 61 on page 14: Are you exempt from the public charge ground of inadmissibility? 

My husband is self employed and his earnings are 6 figures per annum. 

Am I right to tick No and then fill in a I-944?

This is all SO confusing 😭 

thanks in advance 

If you’re filing from a K1 you have to select NO no matter what and file the I-944

My February submission got rejected because I sent late without the I-944. I had other forms returned with it as well; I-864, I-131, and I-765. They all have some markings on the bottom of the pages. They are all still valid dates and forms though. Should I re-print and send new copies or should I just remove the NOA that's stapled on top of the forms and submit them as is with the markings from USCIS?

The NOA states that everything has been returned because the principal application has not been accepted.

Removal of Conditions:

Nebraska Service Center

File Date - January 17, 2023

Package Delivered - January 19, 2023

NOA Date - January 24, 2023

NOA Received - January 27, 2023

Biometrics Waived- January 31, 2023

2 hours ago, soco said:

My February submission got rejected because I sent late without the I-944. I had other forms returned with it as well; I-864, I-131, and I-765. They all have some markings on the bottom of the pages. They are all still valid dates and forms though. Should I re-print and send new copies or should I just remove the NOA that's stapled on top of the forms and submit them as is with the markings from USCIS?

The NOA states that everything has been returned because the principal application has not been accepted.

@soco When mine was rejected in Feb, I reused the same valid forms with the markings on the bottom when I refilled and it was accepted. 

6 hours ago, BirdSong said:

Yay! How was it filling out the i-944? What did you include as education? Did you have the US equivalency done?  My husband has two GCSEs, and we are getting them evaluated. 

We are having a hard time with the credit score.  He doesn't have a SSN so online, we can't even try to print out those error messages like everyone else seems to be doing. 

@BirdSong the I-944 was the most confusing form I filled out. My husband only went up to the 11th grade so I didn’t include any education information. There’s a post right before this where I mentioned everything I included with the I-944. I’m not sure how to add a link to it but I will tag you on it. Hope it helps. 

On 3/21/2020 at 12:27 PM, Sunflowerrrin<3 said:

@kec523 Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that!! Below is what I included with my filing:

I-864:

2018 Federal Tax Transcripts 

I-944: 

An Attestation signed by me stating that my two minor children are my husband's household members

Our daughter's birth certificate as evidence of relationship/household member

My most recent checking, savings & retirement account statements (They weren't really statements, but like account overview)

Credit Report Screen Shot showing that we were unable to procure a credit report

My husband does not have any work certifications, no health insurance at this time, he went up to the 11th grade, so no high school diploma.  In the section about English language skill, I put that he plans on attending classes to improve his English.  I made sure I had an answer for every question; when a question did not apply I put "N/A"

How about part 3, question 1? ( This part was a little confusing for me) Our household size is 5- so even for the kids I answered "YES"  to the question that someone in the household has filed a tax return & the amount.  This part had me unsure if I even completed the form correctly. I'm still not sure I did (LOL)

Just to address your questions above:

part 3, question 6- I put N/A

Let me know if there is any way I can help.

@BirdSong this is the post I was referring to. 

2 hours ago, soco said:

You can remove the NOA on the top and correct the original submitted forms and then return all including the NOA2. Be sure to follow their instructions so you don't have additional problems. Good luck. Make copies for your files of everything from the re-submitted package.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

14 minutes ago, Sunflowerrrin<3 said:

@BirdSong the I-944 was the most confusing form I filled out. My husband only went up to the 11th grade so I didn’t include any education information. There’s a post right before this where I mentioned everything I included with the I-944. I’m not sure how to add a link to it but I will tag you on it. Hope it helps. 

With any governmental form, information should be true and factual and if it indeed doesn't apply to you then N/A is sufficient answer. So for your husbands education, it should have been listed regardless if he graduated HS or not. This bit of information will not get you a denial, but will probably asked at your interview and it's easily answered by you without any prejudice.

BTW to link another post just use the "share this post" symbol in the upper right hand corner of the post you want to share. Copy the link and apply it to your post where needed.

2020-03-22_13-45-49.jpg

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

With any governmental form, information should be true and factual and if it indeed doesn't apply to you then N/A is sufficient answer. So for your husbands education, it should have been listed regardless if he graduated HS or not. This bit of information will not get you a denial, but will probably asked at your interview and it's easily answered by you without any prejudice.

BTW to link another post just use the "share this post" symbol in the upper right hand corner of the post you want to share. Copy the link and apply it to your post where needed.

2020-03-22_13-45-49.jpg

My biggest issues are

-Having to spend money getting 2 GCSEs appraised. You need 5 GCSEs at a passing score of C for it to be considered a high school equivalency.  Also British people don't "graduate", as we Americans do. 

- DHS having his SSN as pending still despite applying for it 3 weeks after marriage and well before the i-94 expired. We applied for this in December.  

- lack of SSN= NOT being able to go online and print out proof of not having a credit score. 

Edited by BirdSong

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Sunflowerrrin<3 said:

@BirdSong this is the post I was referring to. 

Thank you. My husband and I are just so confused about the whole education thing. I considered omitting his high school information, but I don't want it to bite us in the butt further down the line. What country is your husband from?

Edited by BirdSong

9 minutes ago, BirdSong said:

My biggest issues are

-Having to spend money getting 2 GCSEs appraised. You need 5 GCSEs at a passing score of C for it to be considered a high school equivalency.  Also British people don't "graduate", as we Americans do.  Are they asking for proof of HS equivalency from the UK? If not, an educated guess to where is education stopped in comparison to what you think it would be equivalent to the US should satisfy that question. If not, then at the interview it will be asked. 

- DHS having his SSN as pending still despite applying for it 3 weeks after marriage and well before the i-94 expired.  Just list it as "applied for". 

- lack of SSN= NOT being able to go online and print out proof of not having a credit score. List it as "no credit" applied for. 

Sometimes you have to look at these forms and use your best judgement. The forms are meant to be for everyone but everyone does not have the same background as others. When the DS-160 was first used it was one page, now what it is 4 pages. These forms evolve when used by applicants and a governmental agency will see the errors of their ways and begin to massage the form to seem more realistic for the information they are seeking.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

32 minutes ago, BirdSong said:

Thank you. My husband and I are just so confused about the whole education thing. I considered omitting his high school information, but I don't want it to bite us in the butt further down the line. What country is your husband from?

@BirdSong My husband is from Cape Verde. I included that he completed the 11th grade and plans on taking English courses to improve his English.  I know what you mean; I will definitely keep the post updated if I get an RFE on this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.