Sarge2155

March 2020 AOS Filers

1,285 posts in this topic

@FreyandRyan, @Haydnator, @laxtn obviously the three of you did something right that I did not.  Going through the I-944 and I-864 now.  Would you mind listing exactly what you sent as evidence with these two forms? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 minutes ago, kec523 said:

@FreyandRyan, @Haydnator, @laxtn obviously the three of you did something right that I did not.  Going through the I-944 and I-864 now.  Would you mind listing exactly what you sent as evidence with these two forms? 

I'm terrible sorry that that happened to you. We haven't sent ours in yet, might wait until monday just to make double sure we have everything. Its so frustrating when they dont give you any clue of what in the form/s were wrong. Would be nice if they pointed us in a better direction as that would decrease the chances that what you send in isn't wrong.

We're still in the process of assembling the 944. Its complicated! Haven't gotten everything yet, but we can compare notes. What do you have included? Maybe we can see if anything was missed.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, kec523 said:

For the I-944 we submitted:

applicants college transcript

IELTS testing scores

working license for her home country and where she worked last (nursing)

proof of no credit score

copy of savings account for assets

For the I-864:

tax returns of the past three years with W2s, employment letter and recent paystubs for this year. 

7 minutes ago, Haydnator said:

I'm terrible sorry that that happened to you. We haven't sent ours in yet, might wait until monday just to make double sure we have everything. Its so frustrating when they dont give you any clue of what in the form/s were wrong. Would be nice if they pointed us in a better direction as that would decrease the chances that what you send in isn't wrong.

We're still in the process of assembling the 944. Its complicated! Haven't gotten everything yet, but we can compare notes. What do you have included? Maybe we can see if anything was missed.

Oops, sorry, meant to tag sunflowerrin! 

25 minutes ago, kec523 said:

@Sunflowerrrin<3 meant to tag you! Please share if you have a minute! 

8 minutes ago, FreyandRyan said:

For the I-944 we submitted:

applicants college transcript

IELTS testing scores

working license for her home country and where she worked last (nursing)

proof of no credit score

copy of savings account for assets

For the I-864:

tax returns of the past three years with W2s, employment letter and recent paystubs for this year. 

Ok - thanks, so my husband does not have any working certifications or bank accounts, nothing to submit there,  the proof of credit score and employment stuff was there, so can't be that.  Hmmmm.  

Next question....I am about to get nitty gritty on the 944. Did you list any additional income on Part 3, Question 6? 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, kec523 said:

Ok - thanks, so my husband does not have any working certifications or bank accounts, nothing to submit there,  the proof of credit score and employment stuff was there, so can't be that.  Hmmmm.  

Next question....I am about to get nitty gritty on the 944. Did you list any additional income on Part 3, Question 6? 

No we didn’t list any additional income. We’re a two person household not using a joint sponser. 

1 minute ago, FreyandRyan said:

No we didn’t list any additional income. We’re a two person household not using a joint sponser. 

ok, me either, so did you leave number 7 blank, or check "no"?

Just now, FreyandRyan said:

Left it blank

Lol, okay so it's not that. Thank you for answering all of this stuff.  Next thing....did you include anything for Part 9?  I didn't because my income is well over 125% for the two of us, so understood the directions to mean I didn't need to, but wondering if that's the problem? Seeing that part blank? 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, kec523 said:

we didnt list any additional income, and we left 7 blank

Timeline
30 minutes ago, kec523 said:

Did you include 12 months each of bank statement for both your account and separately your spouses?

8 minutes ago, Haydnator said:

Did you include 12 months each of bank statement for both your account and separately your spouses?

No, because like I said above my income shown on tax returns is substantially higher than the 125% - but clearly at this point I am not the one to ask about what to include! However, I didn't see that listed as evidence for @FreyandRyan. Just a savings account. 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, kec523 said:

Lol, okay so it's not that. Thank you for answering all of this stuff.  Next thing....did you include anything for Part 9?  I didn't because my income is well over 125% for the two of us, so understood the directions to mean I didn't need to, but wondering if that's the problem? Seeing that part blank? 

Left part 9 blank as well

1 minute ago, FreyandRyan said:

Left part 9 blank as well

Ok, I'm feeling more confident that I didn't totally screw this up. But cannot figure out where my error could be. 

@kec523 Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that!! Below is what I included with my filing:

I-864:

2018 Federal Tax Transcripts 

I-944: 

An Attestation signed by me stating that my two minor children are my husband's household members

Our daughter's birth certificate as evidence of relationship/household member

My most recent checking, savings & retirement account statements (They weren't really statements, but like account overview)

Credit Report Screen Shot showing that we were unable to procure a credit report

My husband does not have any work certifications, no health insurance at this time, he went up to the 11th grade, so no high school diploma.  In the section about English language skill, I put that he plans on attending classes to improve his English.  I made sure I had an answer for every question; when a question did not apply I put "N/A"

How about part 3, question 1? ( This part was a little confusing for me) Our household size is 5- so even for the kids I answered "YES"  to the question that someone in the household has filed a tax return & the amount.  This part had me unsure if I even completed the form correctly. I'm still not sure I did (LOL)

Just to address your questions above:

part 3, question 6- I put N/A

Let me know if there is any way I can help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.