Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 hours ago, Sunflowerrrin<3 said:

@kec523 payment taken out and e-notification of NOA1 received today! 🙌

Congrats!

Timeline
Just now, kec523 said:

Congrats! You guys filed after me so that's a little nerve wracking, but who knows what will happen! I am already prepared for the worst, with a rejection or RFE. Just want to hear SOMETHING at this point! 

How did you send yours in? We overnighted it. So there’s that to consider. I’m sure yours will process soon!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, FreyandRyan said:

Got ours cashed yesterday and got 3 case numbers. 

Was a bit weird though because they sent the text notification at 1 AM lol. 

Congrats :)

Just now, FreyandRyan said:

How did you send yours in? We overnighted it. So there’s that to consider. I’m sure yours will process soon!

UPS - but we sent it on the 7th and it arrived on the morning of the 9th, so it definitely did arrive before yours if you didn't send out until the 9th.  Right? 

I'm sure it will either process or come back! 

Timeline

I have a question: Did any of you guys add your spouse to a utility bill? Is hard for us to be listed on any because we are living at my moms house, and all the bills are in her name. As proof of address we are sending in a copy of the letter he got from social security with our address on it, and the first month of his health insurance. Would that be enough? We are thinking of getting my mom to sign a letter stating he lives here with us.

Edited by Haydnator

3 minutes ago, Haydnator said:

I have a question: Did any of you guys add your spouse to a utility bill? Is hard for us to be listed on any because we are living at my moms house, and all the bills are in her name. As proof of address we are sending in a copy of the letter he got from social security with our address on it, and the first month of his health insurance. Would that be enough? We are thinking of getting my mom to sign a letter stating he lives here with us.

I added mine to our gas bill and will do the same with others soon - but I did not include that in the packet. Which part of all of this are you referring to with proof of address? Maybe I am forgetting something as it was two weeks ago now since I sent it in but I don't remember them asking us in that packet for proof of address? I did include his health insurance information and social security card but I don't believe what I sent had address on it. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, kec523 said:

I added mine to our gas bill and will do the same with others soon - but I did not include that in the packet. Which part of all of this are you referring to with proof of address? Maybe I am forgetting something as it was two weeks ago now since I sent it in but I don't remember them asking us in that packet for proof of address? I did include his health insurance information and social security card but I don't believe what I sent had address on it. 

I guess from what Ive read its more needed for Removal of conditions or the AOS interview (if there is one), but I just wanted to add in as much as i could to what we are sending in now. Maybe Im going overboard.

4 minutes ago, Haydnator said:

I guess from what Ive read its more needed for Removal of conditions or the AOS interview (if there is one), but I just wanted to add in as much as i could to what we are sending in now. Maybe Im going overboard.

Ahh okay got it, makes sense - it is DEFINITELY needed for the interview! From all that I've read and gathered the more you can solidify your marriage and joint status through joint accounts/responsibility the better.  Even though you are living with your mom - it might be possible to have her add him to one of the bills anyway if she is willing? Or maybe a cell phone bill? Joint bank account? I think a letter could not hurt either! 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, kec523 said:

Ahh okay got it, makes sense - it is DEFINITELY needed for the interview! From all that I've read and gathered the more you can solidify your marriage and joint status through joint accounts/responsibility the better.  Even though you are living with your mom - it might be possible to have her add him to one of the bills anyway if she is willing? Or maybe a cell phone bill? Joint bank account? I think a letter could not hurt either! 

Definitely if we can. We are still waiting on his SSN for the joint account. We were hoping it would come before we filed, but its not here yet. Looks like it might have been issued though. We're in a dilemma trying to decide if we should wait or file now while our city isnt in shelter in place.

Timeline

Can't wait to send in my AOS, have all the forms filled in and printed with supporting documents apart from my GCSE certificates which I had sent from my house in the UK. However USPS decided that i do not live at my current address here in the US and decided to return everything back to the sender?! 😡So frustrating! now i'm not sure whether it will be sent by express tracked post as when it came over or just regular post... the tracking only shows the journey here. I am going to get it FEDEX or UPS, DHL and just pay the cost when it gets back to my UK address.. 😏

Congrats to everyone who has received NOA1 though, hopefully with this whole coronavirus debacle there are less applications to process and ours will be done much faster than usual.

2 hours ago, FreyandRyan said:

Got ours cashed yesterday and got 3 case numbers. 

Was a bit weird though because they sent the text notification at 1 AM lol. 

Very good you are on your way now!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My credit card shows a charge from Chicago lockbox but no notification yet, hopefully it comes soon.

Edited by laxtn

03/04/2020 -- AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-864/I-944/I-765/I-131) sent to USCIS

03/05/2020 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox (Rejected)

04/20/2020 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox (Rejected)

05/04/2020 -- Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

05/14/2020 -- Checks cashed. Case numbers received (4 SMS)

05/19/2020 -- NOA1 Hard copies received

12/03/2020 -- Biometrics appointment notice received (Appointment on 12/21)

12/21/2020 -- Biometrics appointment

02/25/2021 -- I-765 New Card Is Being Produced

10/07/2021 -- I-765 & I-131 Renewal Package received by USCIS

02/23/2022 -- I-485 Interview was scheduled 

Grrr...as I went to print out the gas bill to send to the credit reporting agency, I see that they spelled my husband's name wrong by one letter.  Called the gas company and they made the correction....and said it would show up on the mid April bill. There goes another month! 😡 

4 hours ago, kec523 said:

Grrr...as I went to print out the gas bill to send to the credit reporting agency, I see that they spelled my husband's name wrong by one letter.  Called the gas company and they made the correction....and said it would show up on the mid April bill. There goes another month! 😡 

I had the same problem with rental agreement. But I decided not to wait and I sent it with the wrong spelling anyway. I put a note where I explained everything. 

Hi all.  Well, sadly our form came back today rejected.  I had a feeling when everyone else's started getting processed.  I have no idea what we did wrong.  Will go over everything again tonight. Clearly we are missing something but I don't know what.  And now with IL being on a shelter in place I guess we have to wait minimum two weeks to send it back again.  : ( 

IMG_0477.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.