Sarge2155

March 2020 AOS Filers

1,285 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
36 minutes ago, USA-GermanyLove said:

Wow, Congrats, that was so quick! I got NOA1 on April 14th so it gives me hope that I won´t have to do biometrics either! I wonder if they are able to use the picture and fingerprints from immigration at the airport. Will you let us know what picture they ended up using on your EAD to give us a clue on what they´re using as replacement - things they have in the system or the passport pics we sent in with our AOS packets?

Edit: Did you have your highschool/college diplomas accredited or just translated to English? Did you put proof of Bona Fide MArriage?

I m wandering that too, i have a mixed filings i will bealive that is real when i will get in my hands that 2 documents. Surely i will let know. For EAD and Advance parole no need it that diploma or proof of Bona Fide. With I485 and I 944 i include translated to English  my diplomas of highschool and university too but evaluate just university diploma. Only what i include was a marriage certificate.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, Mako_5 said:

I m wandering that too, i have a mixed filings i will bealive that is real when i will get in my hands that 2 documents. Surely i will let know. For EAD and Advance parole no need it that diploma or proof of Bona Fide. With I485 and I 944 i include translated to English  my diplomas of highschool and university too but evaluate just university diploma. Only what i include was a marriage certificate.  

Keeping my fingers crossed that you will have it soon, and keep us updated! 🙂

Oh you are right, the diploma und proof goes with AOS, not EAD/AP. I confused it for a second there. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
15 hours ago, Mako_5 said:

do you know which service center processed your EAD/AP application? Does your receipt number start with MSC or YSC etc?

Edited by Gak

Timeline
Just now, Gak said:

do you know which service center processed your EAD/AP application? Did your receipt number starts with MSC or YSC etc?

Its starts MSC    (National Benefits Center) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 5/5/2020 at 3:39 PM, Mako_5 said:

Yes i checked on official site of  USCIS case  status online is showes that cases approved, i was in shock and also thinking how it that possible without biometrics, so i m waiting a letters by mail to read maybe there they will tell something about biometrics. So soon i will let to know everybody here what is going on.

Hello, Mako! Congratulations on your combo card approval! I saw @Sarge2155 and @Gak comments that on VJ nobody mentioned combocard being approved before biometrics so I decided to register and tell you guys about my experience. 

My aos noa1 (from k1) date was December 4, 2019 and I was expecting my biometrics to be within a month (as other people told me) but I never got an invitation letter, I contacted uscis thru Emma chat and via phone but the answers were just “Our records show that you haven't been scheduled for a biometrics appointment. The notice for the biometrics appointment will be mailed to your current address“ so I just waited. One girl from Russia who is also living in Massachusetts didn’t get her invitation as well, but she filed way before me; she got her combocard approved but they didn’t send it to her. She contacted uscis and after some time they scheduled her biometrics and only after that her combocard was produced and sent to her. 

On February 14 I got notification on Lawfully app that my i765 and i131 were approved but I knew from her experience that I probably won’t be issued my combocard before biometrics so I called uscis (800) 375-5283 pressed 1122 for connecting to representative and asked to speak to Tier 2, they couldn’t connect me right away and said that I can be “registered in line” or something so they call me back. Tier 2 called me back in 4 hours later and (surprisingly!!!)  scheduled my biometrics to be on February 18 and sent me invitation by email (I actually couldn’t believe at first). So after I went for my biometrics the status changed to “new card is being produced” and “the card was mailed”. I got biometrics invitation letter by mail as well but a week after or so. 

3E99AE34-8B32-41F8-A9ED-E442C3B4407C.thumb.png.f405577f47e2ed0dc3fd53382bf5b709.png

Edited by Eri_D
Strange font

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Eri_D said:

Hello, Mako! Congratulations on your combo card approval! I saw @Sarge2155 and @Gak comments that on VJ nobody mentioned combocard being approved before biometrics so I decided to register and tell you guys about my experience. 

My aos noa1 (from k1) date was December 4, 2019 and I was expecting my biometrics to be within a month (as other people told me) but I never got an invitation letter, I contacted uscis thru Emma chat and via phone but the answers were just “Our records show that you haven't been scheduled for a biometrics appointment. The notice for the biometrics appointment will be mailed to your current address“ so I just waited. One girl from Russia who is also living in Massachusetts didn’t get her invitation as well, but she filed way before me; she got her combocard approved but they didn’t send it to her. She contacted uscis and after some time they scheduled her biometrics and only after that her combocard was produced and sent to her. 

On February 14 I got notification on Lawfully app that my i765 and i131 were approved but I knew from her experience that I probably won’t be issued my combocard before biometrics so I called uscis (800) 375-5283 pressed 1122 for connecting to representative and asked to speak to Tier 2, they couldn’t connect me right away and said that I can be “registered in line” or something so they call me back. Tier 2 called me back in 4 hours later and (surprisingly!!!)  scheduled my biometrics to be on February 18 and sent me invitation by email (I actually couldn’t believe at first). So after I went for my biometrics the status changed to “new card is being produced” and “the card was mailed”. I got biometrics invitation letter by mail as well but a week after or so. 

3E99AE34-8B32-41F8-A9ED-E442C3B4407C.thumb.png.f405577f47e2ed0dc3fd53382bf5b709.png

You  confirmed my guesses, i  think will be like you telling, so probably when USCIS offices will reopen in June 4 i will have a biometrics appointment. Good to know, thank you for sharing.

Timeline

Hi guys! Update. I got my  approval notices for  I 765. I 131,  from USCIS   by mail on saturday, next  i start calling today  to USCIS to ask: What is next step? Do i need biometrics? all that questions so i asked that i need to talk with Tier 2 the man on the line asked why i need Tier 2? I explained that i got approval notices on my I 765 and  I 131 applications  but i didn't had a biometrics, when i should expect a biometrics appointment  or card? He told me since you approved wait your card  in  60 days. So my next  question was since i didn't do  biometrics where they get my picture and fingerprint,  he told me that since COVID -19  they using pictures from all their sources. So that man didn't connect me with Tier 2.  But anyway  how i see people who got approved they had a updates on USCIS site  almost immediately  that New card is being prodused, i dont have that update, so i don't know what to think. Maybe i  need try to call later or in June if  no receive a card by that time. 

Edited by Mako_5

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Mako_5 said:

Hi guys! Update. I got my  approval notices for  I 765. I 131,  from USCIS   by mail on saturday, next  i start calling today  to USCIS to ask: What is next step? Do i need biometrics? all that questions so i asked that i need to talk with Tier 2 the man on the line asked why i need Tier 2? I explained that i got approval notices on my I 765 and  I 131 applications  but i didn't had a biometrics, when i should expect a biometrics appointment  or card? He told me since you approved wait your card  in  60 days. So my next  question was since i didn't do  biometrics where they get my picture and fingerprint,  he told me that since COVID -19  they using pictures from all their sources. So that man didn't connect me with Tier 2.  But anyway  how i see people who got approved they had a updates on USCIS site  almost immediately  that New card is being prodused, i dont have that update, so i don't know what to think. Maybe i  need try to call later or in June if  no receive a card by that time. 

Interesting, I saw some posts that a couple of applicants got their EAD cards without their biometrics done. 1 person received their card in 2-3 weeks. 

Good luck!

Edited by Gak

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mako_5 said:

Thats awesome news if true! congrats!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

1 hour ago, Mako_5 said:

thats amazing! still curious what your secret sauce is... 😜

Timeline
4 minutes ago, brainless69 said:

thats amazing! still curious what your secret sauce is... 😜

Let's see when the combo  card arrives

If USCIS can wave the AOS interview surely they can also approve a I-765 and or I-131 without a biometric appt or picture. I was  sceptical too when I was approved for the GC without an interview. Best advice wait for the card, its coming it's  not an error!!!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

On 5/11/2020 at 3:03 PM, Mako_5 said:

Let's see when the combo  card arrives

Hi, you filed in March, so you got approval in less than 2 months.

It is sooo fast and your biometrics is waived.

It gave me hope, but I don't know if it is too unrealistic that I can expect my case will be processed like yours.

May I ask if you are medical professional? that USCIS prioritized your case over others.

Thanks! 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Q&Y said:

Hi, you filed in March, so you got approval in less than 2 months.

It is sooo fast and your biometrics is waived.

It gave me hope, but I don't know if it is too unrealistic that I can expect my case will be processed like yours.

May I ask if you are medical professional? that USCIS prioritized your case over others.

Thanks! 

Hi, i m not medical professional. When i will receive  a combo card i will believe that all this true, till then  i still doubt.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.