Sarge2155

March 2020 AOS Filers

1,285 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi All March filers! 

We submitted our application package on March the 18th (they received it then), and today when I checked our status it had turned from "finger print fee" to "request for initial evidence sent". We should receive it in the mail today, tomorrow or Monday. 

I'm anticipating that it's a request for I-693 as we didn't submit it with our application because we're K-1 filers and they have my medical report from when I arrived in the country in January. The medical file is less than a year old and should be fine. 

Has anyone else been in this situation where by they've arrived on a K-1, submitted the medical records in the sealed envelope yet they're requesting it again? 

I've read in the past that as long as you the medical is still valid when you get your interview, that it's not required of K-1 AOS filers. 

On another note, its great to know that the applications are moving in the line!

@PinchOfSalt

Did you submit your DS3025 with your AOS packet?

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

@PinchOfSalt

Did you submit your DS3025 with your AOS packet?

We did submit the DS3025 that was given at the medical in August, but we did not submit I-693. 

The RFE could also be about whole lot of things from I-944 as that requirement had been implemented just a week ago and like a lot of other people, we didn't find much guidance or other people's experiences on it because it was so new. 

2 minutes ago, PinchOfSalt said:

We did submit the DS3025 that was given at the medical in August, but we did not submit I-693. 

The RFE could also be about whole lot of things from I-944 as that requirement had been implemented just a week ago and like a lot of other people, we didn't find much guidance or other people's experiences on it because it was so new. 

I suspect your RFE is due to the I-944 not the I-693.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

30 minutes ago, PinchOfSalt said:

Hi All March filers! 

We submitted our application package on March the 18th (they received it then), and today when I checked our status it had turned from "finger print fee" to "request for initial evidence sent". We should receive it in the mail today, tomorrow or Monday. 

I'm anticipating that it's a request for I-693 as we didn't submit it with our application because we're K-1 filers and they have my medical report from when I arrived in the country in January. The medical file is less than a year old and should be fine. 

Has anyone else been in this situation where by they've arrived on a K-1, submitted the medical records in the sealed envelope yet they're requesting it again? 

I've read in the past that as long as you the medical is still valid when you get your interview, that it's not required of K-1 AOS filers. 

On another note, its great to know that the applications are moving in the line!

I don't think they send a RFE for not submitting I-693, most likely it's for something else

Edited by Cornflake

Timeline
1 hour ago, PinchOfSalt said:

Hi All March filers! 

I came here in January on a K1 Visa.

The immigration man at the airport kept all my documents in the sealed envelope! 

Edited by Carina Brown

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/23/2020 at 11:18 AM, Carina Brown said:

Mine delivered by UPS on 1st April and nothing 

By the way, I called USCIS today and the agent told us to wait for 15 working days (before another one told me 15 days though) before calling them again for a status update or possibly taking a next step. I am not sure what they meant by the "next step". Since its been a while, have you called them to ask if they see any updates related to your alien number on their system?

Timeline
3 hours ago, PinchOfSalt said:

Hi All March filers! 

Hello! We also filed for AOS (from K1)- mailed it in on 3/13, NOA on 3/20 and saw yesterday that there was a status update on 4/22 saying "request for additional evidence was sent" for the i-485. It says "additional" evidence and not "initial," but regardless, I can't think of what it might be and will just have to wait for the letter. Hope your RFE is a relatively easy fix! 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Plato123 said:

Hello! We also filed for AOS (from K1)- mailed it in on 3/13, NOA on 3/20 and saw yesterday that there was a status update on 4/22 saying "request for additional evidence was sent" for the i-485. It says "additional" evidence and not "initial," but regardless, I can't think of what it might be and will just have to wait for the letter. Hope your RFE is a relatively easy fix! 

Hi Plato, thanks so much for clarifying the "additional" and "initial". I'm obviously missing something in my filing and with yours they just want extra info about something. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 4/23/2020 at 3:34 PM, SeanDowney0309 said:

Hi, 

I have a quick question regarding the I-485 application form. At the top of every page is a box for the A-number, should i fill that in? or leave it?

I am just confused because none of the other forms ask for the A-number on every page and usually if its right at the top above the lines it means "don't fill it in" 

Many Thanks

If you use FoxitReader to fill in the form, once you fill A number on the first page, it will be automatically fill in top of all pages.

Timeline
18 hours ago, PinchOfSalt said:

Hi All March filers! 

Thanks interesting at least that they’re actively working on cases we know now. Did you ever get a biometrics letter or any info about it?

Timeline
9 hours ago, Bluee said:

If you use FoxitReader to fill in the form, once you fill A number on the first page, it will be automatically fill in top of all pages.

wish i knew this information before... i literally hand wrote my A number on all the pages 🤦🏿‍♂️

Timeline
8 hours ago, FreyandRyan said:

Thanks interesting at least that they’re actively working on cases we know now. Did you ever get a biometrics letter or any info about it?

Haven’t received any letter about biometrics.  Obviously that’ll hold everything back until after they open up the offices earliest June 4th. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 hours ago, FreyandRyan said:

dont expect any appointments or letters other than NOA until June... (that's when they said they might reopen)

Timeline
On 4/24/2020 at 6:18 PM, Gak said:

By the way, I called USCIS today and the agent told us to wait for 15 working days (before another one told me 15 days though) before calling them again for a status update or possibly taking a next step. I am not sure what they meant by the "next step". Since its been a while, have you called them to ask if they see any updates related to your alien number on their system?

Thanks.

I haven’t called them as yet. Not sure what the number is or the options to press. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.