Sarge2155

March 2020 AOS Filers

1,285 posts in this topic

The way I interpreted it was that assets were only if your income doesn't meet the requirements so I didn't include them and I got my NOAs this week but if they ask for it in the future, I will send it. One thing though is that income requirements in the I-944 instructions state that your household income should be at least 125% above for the most recent tax year which is different from the I-864 which seems to focus more on current income. So the way I see this is that even if your household's current income is high enough, if your most recent tax return shows you made below the FPG, then you will need assets for sure to make up the difference. 

From the I-944 instructions:

"Your household’s annual gross income should be at least 125 percent (100 percent if you are on active duty, other than in training, in the U.S. Armed Forces) of the Federal Poverty Guidelines for the most recent year as set by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) for the household size you listed in Part 2.

If your household annual gross income is less than 125 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines based on your household size listed in Part 2., you may demonstrate that the total value of your household’s assets and resources is five times the difference between your household’s annual gross income and 125 percent (100 percent if you are on active duty, other than in training, in the U.S. Armed Forces) of the Federal Poverty Guideline for your household size."

On 4/18/2020 at 1:30 AM, irishoxford said:

Just updating this with my information:

AOS Package Received at Chicago Lockbox: 24th March (original package rejected on 11th March).

Still no NOAs/text messages/check cashing.

Let’s see if they’ve rejected it!  (I didn’t put N/A or None - left blanks instead.  Saw some worries about that being a cause of rejection here, so it’s on my mind now!  Lol/urgh).

Pretty much same status here. We'll hopefully find something out soon!

Removal of Conditions:

Nebraska Service Center

File Date - January 17, 2023

Package Delivered - January 19, 2023

NOA Date - January 24, 2023

NOA Received - January 27, 2023

Biometrics Waived- January 31, 2023

I'm a bit confused right now...got a rejection notice, stating the check I sent is in the wrong amount. I sent $1225. I can't find that the amount should be different for i-485 + biometrics. 

My rejection notice listed two "Please note" sentences. Not sure if they feels it applies , or this is just their normal form letter, but neither is the case in this situation

"Please note:

The biometric services fee is not required for i-485 applicants age 13 or younger

The biometric services fee is not required for i-485 applicants age 79 or older"

7 minutes ago, AOKS said:

I'm a bit confused right now...got a rejection notice, stating the check I sent is in the wrong amount. I sent $1225. I can't find that the amount should be different for i-485 + biometrics. 

My rejection notice listed two "Please note" sentences. Not sure if they feels it applies , or this is just their normal form letter, but neither is the case in this situation

"Please note:

The biometric services fee is not required for i-485 applicants age 13 or younger

The biometric services fee is not required for i-485 applicants age 79 or older"

That's bizarre and super frustrating.  What kind of check was it? Do you think it's possible they could not read something correctly? Any way at all they could have misinterpreted numbers or letters and thought the amount was wrong? 

42 minutes ago, AOKS said:

"Please note:

What eligibility category did you put in form I-765 on page 3 part 2 #27? If you put anything other than (c)(9) there's a chance that could have changed the requirement payment amount. 

58 minutes ago, AOKS said:

"Please note:

AOKS, did you put in the memo on the cheque/check that your payment was for the I-485 application + the biometrics fee?  

(Bear in mind this is a question from someone who hasn't received any notifications on their 24th March case...)

6 hours ago, AOKS said:

"Please note:

Check the payee name did you write it out in full no abbreviations?

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

March filer here too. I filed my I-485 package on March.25 through USPS, and it was delivered on March.27. Three weeks past, I still not heard anything. They didn't charge my application fee(I attached G-1450-credit card pay), they didn't send me the text(I attached G-1145),they didn't send the package back to reject. I just want to know is anybody face the same circumstance like me????

20 minutes ago, icyking10059 said:

March filer here too. I filed my I-485 package on March.25 through USPS, and it was delivered on March.27. Three weeks past, I still not heard anything. They didn't charge my application fee(I attached G-1450-credit card pay), they didn't send me the text(I attached G-1145),they didn't send the package back to reject. I just want to know is anybody face the same circumstance like me????

11 minutes ago, MV88 said:

Same here. Filed on 03/26, delivered on 03/28. No updates yet.

Give it 30 working days! It's coming for sure!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

So with the current president ordering an executive order, does that mean we''re all stuck in limbo now?

Removal of Conditions:

Nebraska Service Center

2 minutes ago, Carina Brown said:

Still nothing? 

Yup, still nothing.

Removal of Conditions:

Nebraska Service Center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.