Sarge2155

March 2020 AOS Filers

1,285 posts in this topic

Just now, FreyandRyan said:

Hi everyone! Glad to be joining this thread as we sent off our AOS yesterday!

Very good and welcome to the thread! Did you have any difficulties filling out form I-944?

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarge2155 said:

Very good and welcome to the thread! Did you have any difficulties filling out form I-944?

Almost missed it completely on my first look through lol. 

It wasn’t too hard overall, a lot of blank sections for us as we are only a 2 person household and not using a joint sponsor. My wife luckily has copies of her college diplomas and transcripts so we included those. 

Edited by FreyandRyan

4 hours ago, FreyandRyan said:

It wasn’t too hard overall, a lot of blank sections for us as we are only a 2 person household and not using a joint sponsor. My wife luckily has copies of her college diplomas and transcripts so we included those. 

Ahh ok cool reason I asked it seems many folks are having problems with the form. That's good cause you'll be able to answer lots of questions about it as time goes on. Please feel free to share what you can if asked.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Ahh ok cool reason I asked it seems many folks are having problems with the form. That's good cause you'll be able to answer lots of questions about it as time goes on. Please feel free to share what you can if asked.

Yes I’d be glad to answer anyone’s questions as best I can. It certainly is a weird form compared to the others. The format is completely different. 

1 minute ago, FreyandRyan said:

Yes I’d be glad to answer anyone’s questions as best I can. It certainly is a weird form compared to the others. The format is completely different. 

IMO it's full of trip ups designed to catch you and a tool that USCIS will no doubt use big time.

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
5 hours ago, FreyandRyan said:

Did you guys get the equivilency done? or did you just send in the transcripts and diplomas?

Timeline
1 hour ago, brainless69 said:

Did you guys get the equivilency done? or did you just send in the transcripts and diplomas?

Transcripts and diplomas. As well as my wife’s nursing license and registration for both countries she’s worked in. Also copies of her IELTS results. 

Congrats @FreyandRyan on getting your form sent in! Looks like we are the only two so far for this month that have shared it here on the VJ forum, and we will have almost the same timeline! Mine arrived yesterday morning at 9:47 am.  Time to wait, wait, wait, and try to help others with these new forms as best we can, without knowing our own outcomes yet! 

Hello everyone.

Need your input. My priority Date is May 14, 2015 F2B Category and approved,  which is current for Visa bulletin Filing Dates that is 15 May 2015. I went to a few lawyers and everyone told me that I cannot file AOS until my priority date is current in the Visa Bulletin for Final Action Date that is at 15 Sept, 2014 for the month of March. 

Lawyers stated that Visa Bulletin Filing Dates are for those who are outside the United States can apply. I've been living in U.S. under a different visa category, hence I should be following the final action dates.

1. I wanted to hear about your experience if you're in the U.S. or not.

2. And what part of the visa bulletin you followed when applying for AOS. Did you follow the Filing dates or the Final action dates. 

Thanks in advance

I’m trying to fill out this form too and it is very confusing, I don’t how I am going to proof the tax and also the credit score.

Does anyone has an exemple of what to write in the cover letter in the I-944 details ? 

I’m not sure how to do the cover letter for it as I am not sure what are all the documents they request for this form. 

Thanks  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
2 hours ago, JeanFerreira said:

I’m trying to fill out this form too and it is very confusing, I don’t how I am going to proof the tax and also the credit score.

Does anyone has an exemple of what to write in the cover letter in the I-944 details ? 

I’m not sure how to do the cover letter for it as I am not sure what are all the documents they request for this form. 

Thanks  

Hi,
I think you might find this thread helpful
Wish you best of luck :)

Edited by Nikol993

Timeline

Morning all,

I changed my legal name many years ago, and have noted this on all the forms for the AOS. My question is do i need to send my deed poll document which shows this with the packet? it does not state anything on the i485 instruction page. Guess it's better safe than sorry right?

On 3/11/2020 at 10:11 AM, Waiting_4Ever said:

Hello everyone.

Need your input. My priority Date is May 14, 2015 F2B Category and approved,  which is current for Visa bulletin Filing Dates that is 15 May 2015. I went to a few lawyers and everyone told me that I cannot file AOS until my priority date is current in the Visa Bulletin for Final Action Date that is at 15 Sept, 2014 for the month of March. 

Lawyers stated that Visa Bulletin Filing Dates are for those who are outside the United States can apply. I've been living in U.S. under a different visa category, hence I should be following the final action dates.

1. I wanted to hear about your experience if you're in the U.S. or not.

2. And what part of the visa bulletin you followed when applying for AOS. Did you follow the Filing dates or the Final action dates. 

Thanks in advance

I get really frustrated when I write things and people don't respond so I just wanted to respond to you - but to be honest I am not really sure what you are asking and how to help - the only process I really know about is adjusting from K-1.  That being said, I can answer that my husband is here in the US with me as we file. As far as part two of your question, I don't know. 

What category are you adjusting from? 

10 hours ago, JeanFerreira said:

Thanks  

I can also share that I did not write a cover letter for the I-944.  If you main the general cover letter for the whole packet, I just added it to my list and wrote "evidence for I-944" as a list item.  

The documents you are including depends on which parts you actually have evidence for.  The more categories you have evidence under/to support, the more you need to include! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.